Ronnie Spector "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" on CD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by L5730, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L5730

L5730 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've poked around a bit and can only find this on on a newer version with extra tracks of the 1987 album "Unfinished Business".
    The original album had 10 tracks and Say Goodbye to Hollywood wasn't included. The new one looks like it might be a re-re-release out this month, as in 2004 the song was included as track 11, but now there is a mono version too, and a few other tracks.

There is a collection of youtube videos of the re-re-release and the audio sounds rather sausage-like. I could snag the mp3 from amazon, but it's just going to a bit better lossy quality.

I know there are 45's around, and they probably sound better, but I don't really have access to vinyl playback at the moment. I am also rather sceptical of buying vinyl in used condition.

IS this track on any good sounding compilations anywhere? Or, is it the fact it's a cover (Billy Joel), and included the E-Street Band (Bruce Springsteen) make it one of those that is darn hard to licence out for VA compilation use?

Daryl M likes this.
  2. John22

John22 Forum Resident

phillyal1 likes this.
  3. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member

4. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  5. L5730

L5730 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks, folks, for the replies. Much appreciated.
    It looks like I messed up a bit. The CD on amazon is actually the same 2004 release 11t racks, just being re-released and not yet in stock. As for mp3s there are more tracks.

I can't get a sample of "Playlist -", but the sample from "Dangerous" sounded more bassy, but was a lo-fi sample with no HF content at all.

I grabbed the sample of this from 7digital and it's the same as the one on youtube for the "Unfinished Business" and the same as Amazon's sample. At least I could pay an extra 80p for a real download with 7digital, rather than a lossy mp3.

I think that this maybe just what it is. It's probably never going to sound particularly great no matter how I get it.

Thanks again, all.

6. smallworld

smallworld Forum Resident

Ronnie Spector's recording of "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" is featured on an upcoming reissue of the compilation Cleveland Rocks, due April 5th 2019.

[​IMG]

1. Say Goodbye To Hollywood - Ronnie Spector & The E Street Band
    2. I Don't Want To Go Home - Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes
    3. Time Warp - Just Us Girls
    4. Have A Good Time (But Get Out Alive) - Iron City Houserockers
    5. There's No Surf In Cleveland - Euclid Beach Band
    6. Too Wild To Tame - The Boyzz
    7. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through - Jim Steinman
    8. We Belong To The Night - Ellen Foley
    9. Paradise By The Dashboard Light - Meat Loaf
    10. Sweet Fools - Essence
    11. I Am A Rocker - Mike Berry
    12. Wasn't That A Party - The Rovers
    13. Cleveland Rocks - Ian Hunter

Amazon US pre-order link:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MX1T122/

IMWAN lists the reissue label as "Cleveland International/Legacy". Whether "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" will be a clone of the same track on the Legacy Ronnie Spector comp remains to be seen...

As an aside, there will apparently be 10 - 15 titles reissued from the Cleveland International label in 2019 as part of a label relaunch. The link below is an interview with Steve Popovich, Jr. from December 2018:

Steve Popovich Jr. Relaunches His Father's Cleveland International Records

clhboa and L5730 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.