Police Reunion?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nosticker, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

How much do you think ticket$ will go for?

2. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy Thread Starter

Think there will be any room for seating at Giants Stadium with all those egos?:)

Who am I kidding....I am so there.:laugh:

Dan

3. speedo

speedo Member

I ran in to Sting in LA last week.

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Now that's a source!

5. John Doe

John Doe Senior Member

I hope you have insurance.....

6. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

Surely, that should read...

De do do do de da da dd

JG

7. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Thread merged with the existing "Police Reunion" thread.

8. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Fantastic! Thanks for following up :thumbsup:

9. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

I just heard from a friend who works for a promoter that The Police, Dylan, Petty, and Pearl Jam will be the main acts for Bonnaroo.

Make of that what you will.

10. The Keymaster

The Keymaster Forum Resident

There was no "speculation" earlier. I already posted a confirmation from a source I know at Fender, who is apparently in on it somehow.

Like I said, he knew about the Cars thing (and told me about it) at least a year before it was even announced because he was dealing with Elliott Easton. I trust him.

11. The Keymaster

So I emailed my friend from Fender Guitars and asked if he had any info. So what does he do? He sends me a picture of him with Andy Summers!

I am getting the impression that he's been told to keep quiet about all of this for now. If I hear anything from him, you'll be the first to know.

12. popscene

popscene Senior Member

This is just speculation, but I have a feeling that they may be announced as headliners at Coachella this year. Why? The online presale password is "Roxanne."

13. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

I heard from an inside source that The Police are confirmed for an arena/shed tour this summer. Already booked is a date the second week of June at the MGM Grand in Vegas (with Van Halen playing there a week later).

14. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

There are suppose to be some releases from The Police to coincide with the 30 yr anniversary. What is left except 5.1 mixes?

15. krk

krk New Member

16. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

Same press release from 10 days ago....
    Some of the speculation was they were going to play the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Tickets go on sale this Saturday so if they are planning to play this, an announcement will have to be made in the next few days.

17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Wouldn't sheds be awfully small for the Police? Arenas I can see, but sheds tend to be dinkier - the Police have a stadium/arena vibe, not a shed vibe...

18. pierre168

pierre168 Senior Member

What great news for such a great band! In the ealy 80s, I felt that The Police were the last aspiring "super band". Their creative output came close to comparing to that of legendary bands like Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, etc. Perhaps two more strong albums and they would have soared to the super elite club.

I never saw them live, so this may actually draw me back to a rock concert. (I did see Sting during the Blue Turtle tour, but it was nothing worth writing home about). The Police, though, should be a different story.

Pierre

19. live evil

live evil Senior Member

most of the newer sheds are bigger than most older arenas.
    i've been to sheds that hold over 20k, and yet most hockey arenas built in the 70's hold around 16-18k.
    also i believe that sheds sell better in the summer.

20. The Keymaster

My friend at Fender wrote me back. This is an exact quote:

"Andy has no idea where and when they are playing but it is a 'Global'
    tour."

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

But sheds have to factor in lawn "seating" for their totals, and those tickets tend to be cheap. Reserved seating is at most 1/3rd of the total for most sheds, so that decreases possible gross right there - you just can't charge big bucks for lawn.

The big big artists almost never play sheds. Seen U2 in a shed since the mid-Eighties? Nope. Madonna? Not since her 1985 tour. Springsteen/E St.? Once or twice in disappointment markets, but otherwise no. McCartney? A couple of times maybe. The Stones? Nope.

Any time of the year, arenas are the preferred destination for BIG shows - unless they're so big they can do stadiums. The Police in sheds makes no sense to me - why would they play someplace where the vast majority of the tickets are going to be cheap lawn seats?

22. Karmageddon

Karmageddon The Vinyl Advocate

Well boyz (and gurlz)

In today's issue of one of our newspapers here in Vancouver, BC (The Province) - the front page has a picture (recent) of the Police saying that they have been spotted here in Vancouver.

Supposedly 2 large semi trucks were spotted in North Vancouver at Lions Gate Film Studios and techies were spotted bringing out gear that had the Police logo on it. All 3 members have also been spotted in downtown as well as the North Shore. As well - Sting has been spotted skiing in Whistler.

The "official" rumour is that they are rehearsing just as U2, the Stones and many, many other artsist have done here over the years....

As well. to confirm (as I work for the dreaded Ticketmaster) the pre-sale password is indeed "Roxanne" for OBVIOUS reasons.

LOL

just a head's up folks. be prepared *supposedly* for an appearance at the Grammy's as well as Coachella and a 80 date world tour stopping in the UK, North America and Asia.

there ya go!

23. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

What'll make me crazy is if they rehearse here and then don't do a Vancouver show. It's happened before!

24. Karmageddon

Karmageddon The Vinyl Advocate

If that IS the case, I will be super PO'd

Kinda like when U2 played here last year. they brought a film crew and filmed both nights as well as another day for the shooting of City of Blinding Lights video. I have yet to see footage from the shows make it out. they said at the shows it would be on a dvd for xmas 06 release...so much for that!

25. kensc1nj

kensc1nj Forum Resident

Police photo

Picture can be seen here: paper says it was taken in Utah last year?

http://digital.theprovince.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.