Rolling Stones Let it bleed ABKCO vinyl Digitally remastered from original master ..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dgstrat, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgstrat

dgstrat Senior Member Thread Starter

I saw a Let it Bleed LP in a used shop today that is on the Abko label with a "digitally mastered from original master recording" banner across the red Abko label. also states 100% virgin vinyl on the jacket. Is this the DSD sourcedLP. If not, what is it, and is it highly regarded?

Thanks

2. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

It's the 1986 remaster that matches the cd of that same year. I have not heard it.

3. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

NO :wave:

4. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

It sounds like this the first Abkco remastering, not the current DSD remaster.
    These masterings are not very highly regarded

5. dgstrat

OK thanks....................Are the DSD sourced Lp's marked as such on the jacket? Is there anything that distinguishes them?

6. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Yep... Look for DSD on the jacket.

7. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Yes, it says DSD on the jacket. Sounds good too. :)

8. dgstrat

Thanks.............You guys make life easy

9. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I'll give those 1986 vinyl issues this much: the vinyl surfaces are dead quiet. I bought most of these when I was in high school over 20 years ago. Not too long ago, I took out "Between the Buttons" and it sounded almost brand new.

10. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

:agree:

100% Virgin Vinyl I believe pressed at RTI

11. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

Also, the DSD LPs were mastered by Don Grossinger and all the European pressings have 'Don Grossinger' handwritten in the deadwax.

The US Led It Bleed doesn't have this in the deadwax, the European LP does.

JG

12. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Dixie Fried

I've had the same experience. At the time I was happy to get them. They sound way better than the old fake stereo versions.

13. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Another vote for these. If you see them for $15 or less snag 'em. Dead quiet vinyl and very good sound. I've been wanting to pick up a DSD Vinyl but not at 30+ $. I can live with the SACDs.

14. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The 1986 vinyl issues actually sound better then the CD's issued at the same time.

Evan

15. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

That doesn't surprise me.

16. paolo

paolo Senior Member

That's interesting because I got Their Satanic Majesties on DSD vinyl last week. The album LOOKS like an RTI pressing, and the label says made in USA but the dead wax has Don Grossinger. The cover says "Made in EU". Go figure :)

17. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

That's true but I find they lack the midrange of the original Londons.

18. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

IF this sounds half as good as the original 1968 DECCA Pressing you're in for a sonic Treat. Let It Bleed and Beggar's Banquet are among my best sounding Records of all times.
    Back in those days LP's were really expensive. a normal worker had to spend 1 or 2 days income to afford a copy, so these albums sound accordingly.
    All ths changed after 72 when it became a mass market, in the eighties they got lazy and waited for CD's to substitute Vinyl.
    At least that's what my impression is. All those LPs wth spectacular Sound are from 1968 to 1970.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.