24 - Season/Series 7 - Discussion (Spoilers Inside)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Morris O'Brian :tsk::laugh:

OMG!
    Just when he was turning into a nice guy, Senator Blaine Mayer gets gunned down by that psycho John Quinn (Sebastian Roché).

2. Chris R

Tony Almeida to the rescue! :righton:

3. butch

butch Senior Member

Nice to see Tony again...finally! Two super ops going at it instead of one will be some marvel next week. I thought Quinn was a great baddy. Yeah, I hated his guts BUT the actor played the cold blooded assasin to the hilt. It seems that Ethan will turn to the Dark Side...he looks like a baddie, doesn't he? Can't wait to see what Tony and Jack get involved with next week.......

4. sgb

sgb Senior Member

So, exactly how did the bad guy come to show up at the senator's house? Hmmm, from what we were shown, Chloe's husband had to decrypt the message that had to be sent to Jack, leaving us with only 4 characters with any knowledge of what was in the letter. We can dismiss 2 of them immediately, leaving only 2 possibilities for the bad guy in the FBI.

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Then again, the FBI deployed a massive armed unit to the house and were presumably not keeping the APB on Jack Bauer on the QT. Heck, even Tony was supposedly following the progress of the manhunt by monitoring the FBI "frequencies".

Regards,

6. Chris R

Wasn't there a brief shot during the show of the bad guy, John Quinn driving in some vehicle that was tapped in, to all sorts of police audio scanners and such?

Too many people are tapping in to supposedly secure radio feeds. In the preview to next week's episode Tony mentions to Jack that he's been monitoring Jack through the FBI scanner.

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

is anyone else getting a little fed up with the FBI guy's relentless attempts to arrest jack? it is starting to get just a little bit ridiculous.

8. Jay F

Jay F New Member

And it seems motivated mostly by his girlfriend's growing belief in what Jack's doing. So petty. Yeah, Larry's headed for a fall.

Hate to see Senator Red go, but I'm hoping it will eventually prove to be Larry's carelessness that led to his death.

9. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

after last night, I'm doubting Ethan is in on the Jonas' biological weapon plot, but the daughter is so dislikeable that I wouldn't be surprised if she was a toxic asset :)

anyway, am glad to see Pres Silly and daughter are concentrating on important issues now, and not running of to hospital to see how the First Gent is doing :D

10. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Not sure that I like what I see for next week.
    I mean, how can this show let Jack be on the sideline when they raid the Starkwood base??

11. Jeff Wong

Jeff Wong Gort

I wonder if the Tony character is being groomed to take over as the lead for next season.

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

nope, keifer has one year left, i think it will be the red-head FBI agent who takes over the show.

she'll be ready as soon as she gets a little more jack-like, you know what i mean!

13. sgb

sgb Senior Member

+1, rjp, on Renée taking over, but the show will have to make dramatic changes to the way it's presented (unless, as you say, she becomes more Jack-like and can beat up 15 bad guys at a time).

14. Shakey

Shakey New Member

So... Obviously Jack is not going to die, yet. How do you think they'll let him get beyond the "exposure"?

15. Chris R

:agree: I don't trust her. Let's hope Aaron Pierce keeps her on a short leash.
    That and the previous spoiler comment. How can Jack be on the sidelines while the compound is holding Larry, Tony and the other FBI agents pretty much hostage?

Maybe Jack will convince Renee to sneak him out of FBI headquarter and the two of them will save the day?

16. RDK

RDK Active Member

And a father's reaction would be much different? Mine wouldn't. :rolleyes:

17. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Having seen the brief clip where Jack collapses next week, I think he may be faking the collapse so that he can escape custody and descend upon the compound to save the day ..... and perhaps during his time in Africa he was exposed to trace amounts of the toxin, and built some resistance!

:righton:

18. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

From what we've seen of Mean Girl, I think she sees a role for Pierce as patsy for another of her infantile schemes.

19. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Then, I'm afraid, you don't have what it takes.

20. Jeff Wong

Jeff Wong Gort

The redhead eventually taking over makes sense. The trace exposure in Sengala idea makes sense, too--then again, a season only represents a single day, so, in theory, Season 8 could be tomorrow and Jack dies at the end.

21. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

My guess is there is an antidote developed by Starkwood and Jack and Jon Voight will fight over it in the last hour (just a guess).

22. Jeff Wong

Jeff Wong Gort

That sounds like the most plausible scenario--I can't imagine a bad guy without an antidote; it just seems that 24 is willing to kill just about anybody eventually.

23. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I was hoping this might be the case (Jack dies this season), as I think the show has gotten stale. It's all been done before. How many times can Jack "go rogue" again? There really isn't anything left for him to do. Then my GF tells me he's signed on for another year. So there goes any suspense with the infection...

24. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Aw c'mon, there's ALWAYS an antidote for a bioweapon disease. Don't you watch any movies and TV? I agree that Jack will have to save the day, but I bet Renee has a key role in getting the antidote.

25. Shakey

Shakey New Member

Like Capt. Kirk and Spock?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.