Milton Glaser Bob Dylan Greatest Hits Poster and general poster question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by johnny33, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny33

johnny33 New Member Thread Starter

Was this poster ever produced separate from the lp? I have never seen one without the folds/creases.

I know you can buy one without creases for big bucks but I am more interested in knowing if anyone has one from back in the day that wasnt creased and how you obtained it. Or did they come separately ever?

Anyone own one that was rolled and not folded?

What about other posters that were included in lps.

Any examples of popular album folded posters that also were produced separately from the lp not folded?

[​IMG]

2. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

3. rat1073

rat1073 Active Member

Didn't Columbia make these available thru an offer in some of the inner sleeves in that era?

4. johnny33

hmm... nice... beats the 375.00... I wonder how it stands up to the original? Not that the original was anything special as far as quality.

5. johnny33

Well, they were included in the Dylan GH's album. What I am wondering is if they ever were offered separate in unfolded condition back in the day.

6. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Yes, that's correct. Beginning sometime in 1969. The inner sleeve had an order form for "Super Giant Size" (2x3 feet) posters of Dylan (the Glaser one), Moby Grape, the Byrds, Gary Puckett& Union Gap, BS&T, Chambers Bros., Paul Revere & Raiders, and Beatles Yellow Submarine. I'll try to post an image.

7. johnny33

Ahh... I see what your saying now... :thumbsup:

Please do post that ad.. would be neat to see.

8. rat1073

rat1073 Active Member

Thanks for the back-up. Don't forget the one where Al Kooper is riding in the staff car with Hitler. Hard to imagine that one getting out these days.

9. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Here it is......

[​IMG]

The round order form is perforated

10. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:eek:

11. johnny33

:edthumbs:

Were the posters you could order the same as the ones that came in the lps? Meaning.. size etc..

Any of you guys order any?

12. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

I just looked at that one more closely. It's "postcard" captioned GREETINGS FROM BUENOS AIRES. :D

13. handydandy

handydandy New Member

the poster that came with Bob Dylan at Budokan

14. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

My copy of Blood Sweat & Tears 3 has a later inner sleeve offering the above selection of posters plus others from Firesign Theatre, Taj Mahal, The Byrds (Untitled era), Argent and others. No scanner here, sorry.

15. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

I seem to recall many of these posters being advertised in Gold Key comics around that time.

16. kelhard

kelhard Forum Resident

When did Columbia STOP issuing the poster with Dylan's GH? I bought a copy on vinyl circa 1989-90 (from Columbia House, I believe) and the poster was included.

Its still folded and in the sleeve with the record.

17. That Bob Dylan Greatest Hits poster (with creases) is proudly displayed between two layers of plexiglass in this music store along with several others without creases from Bob, Neil, Joni, Richard, etc.

Pictured below is the poster from a local theatrical tribute concert of songs by Joni several years ago, obviously not ever included in any LP but, influenced by the classic Glaser Dylan image.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.