Little Feat -- no more MOFI remasters planned

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by emmodad, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmodad

emmodad Forum Resident Thread Starter

much happiness, of course, that DC & WFC are announced as upcoming Little Feat releases from MOFI. :righton:

however, the MOFI email blast (newsletter The Lab Report #55) announcing these (as well as Cars, Sinatra, Band, Doobies, Costello) contained the following text:

Two More Little Feat Albums Coming to 180-gram LP and Gold CD

Finishing what it's started, Mobile Fidelity has re-mastered one of the greatest live albums ever recorded--Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus--and pressed it on numbered, limited-edition 180-gram 2-LP as well as an exquisite-sounding gold disc. Stuffed with first-rate songwriting, humorous lyrics, and laid-back funk, Dixie Chicken is Little Feat’s pinnacle studio album. Wait until you hear the transparent sound!​

"Finishing what it's started..." ... uh-oh.

so, I sent a note to [email protected] asking if this means no more LF remasters? :(:(:(

you are coming up to Feats Don't Fail Me Now and The Last Record Album, two of their finest!!!!!

and one would think, nay PLEAD and GROVEL, that you do all Lowell-George-era Little Feat, ie further include Time Loves a Hero and even Down on the Farm. then you're chronolgically up through WFC and it would be.... permissable.... to cease RM operations wrt Little Feat...

well, after you do Hoy-Hoy!

(Bonnie said it best: "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being eight years old!")

and while you're at it, please, Lowell's solo album Thanks I'll Eat it Here would be great too!

consider this marketing input ;)

sadly, the prompt response was:

Thank you for your email. At this time there are no other plans for other Little Feat titles. However, I will pass your request on to the necessary parties.​

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ladies and gentlemen, methinks a small email lobbying campaign might just be in order.

/ begin dreaming

if licensing is not the issue, perhaps we can pass the hat and fund the releases.....:sigh:

/ dream on

"All, all that you dream
    comes through shinin' silver lining...."

2. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I have to agree, Feats Don't Fail Me Now and The Last Record Album, two of their finest!!!!!. They should be done, period!!!! Let's get a petition going and send it to MFSL.

3. ljuddpro

ljuddpro Forum Resident

No. Let Steve remaster them.

4. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Sure why not, maybe a SACD

5. emmodad

yah.... there are certain bands which push me into total irrationalism when it comes to thoughts of mastering, hi-res releases etc etc yadayada. even if tapes are old and flakey, whatever....

Lowell-era Little Feat in hi-res... gimme The Last Record Album in hi-res PCM or SACD...... all techodiscourse of one versus the other, I don't care.

Long Distance Love, that great bass opening, tape hiss and all.....

swoon.

6. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

This could be an opening fo:edthumbs:r Audio fidelity and some Steve magic touch.....

7. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

The Little Feat remasters are most welcome, but let's be relaistic here a bit more variety from Mofi would be nice - Little Feat, Boz Scaggs and The Band - all 70s stuff come on Mofi broaden your horizons!

8. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I want more R.E.M.. They did a couple back in the day.

9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

My introduction to Little Feat has been these MFSL reissues (as someone who owns just about everything Zappa released officially, this is a perplexing oversight for me!).

I've easily played the Little Feat and Sailin' Shoes discs more often than any other disc released in the "cardboard LP-replica sleeves era" of MoFi's existence.

I was thrilled to hear that they will be releasing two more titles in the Little Feat catalog, but now I'm saddened to learn that they're not going to do any more. If it's possible for Audio Fidelity to pick up where MoFi left off, I'm all for it!

Craig.

10. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Your email gives me a headache. Pare down your language.

11. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I think Shawn Britton is a big fan of Little Feat so I bet he is aching to do more titles. I want all the lowell George titles.

12. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Just cuz they have no current plans doesn't mean it won't happen....

Evan

13. Peter K

Peter K Forum Resident

I agree with Matrix Man. However Speakers Corner did Dixie Chicken as well as MoFi. Unnecessary duplication methinks and maybe SC might do the remaining albums. Any thoughts on this proposition.

14. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

My thought: Does Speakers Corner do gold CD? ;)

Craig.

15. Peter K

Peter K Forum Resident

Unfortunately no as far as I am aware. Great label for vinyl though!

16. emmodad

indeed Evan, hopefully....

(a pared-down reply)

17. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

If you want more Little Feat titles let the label know!!! The more people that send suggestions to [email protected] the better the odds of those discs seeing the light of day.

I got this in an email response:

18. minniesmalls

minniesmalls Member

Congratulations to mofi for their great Little Feat series! I now have all four classic mofi reissues and each and every one of them sounds fantastic. But I wish the series would continue with The Last Record Album and Feats Don't Fail Me Now. I'll e-mail them with my wish and openly encourage others to do the same.

19. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

I have some of the Japanese paper sleeve re-issues and they sound pretty good, not as good as an SACD might, though. And color me disappointed that WFC wasn't an SACD.

20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I've really enjoyed the MFSL Little Feat CD's. But I'd rather they finally get around to the Cars "Candy-O" before doing another LF release, myself.

21. minniesmalls

minniesmalls Member

simon- thanks for the suggestion on Japanese remasters; I will probably try the "forever young" series as I have enjoyed the sound of these Japaneses remasters (early Van Morrison and James Taylor- Sweet Baby James); SACD for Little Feat would be great- maybe someday some smart label will do this for us and thousands of LF fans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.