What is the worst film you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dreamwhip, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Freudian slip of the day :laugh:

2. Kate and Leo in Revolutionary Road was pretty awful to me.

My movie critic wife thought Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise were horribly miscast in The Vampire Lestat.

3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Anne Rice disagrees with your wife. :) (Just sayin'...). I thought they were both great in that movie.

4. I would agree with her on the latter. The former was a trial but it was a powerful film if you got into it.

5. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I've never seen it but I'd wager that John Lennon's "Self Portrait" might not fare too well with me...

6. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

I like both, but I mainly watch DTD for Salma :love:

7. Coldacre

Coldacre Well-Known Member

"Freddie Got Fingered"

I defy anyone to watch that from start to finish. If you make it, you have my condolences.

8. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Fatso. Simply awful.

9. Oh Yeah. Any guy who's questioning his sexuality should watch her scene; after that, he'll know for sure!

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Hard to argue that. From my review (http://www.dvdmg.com/smokinaces.shtml):

"This leaves Smokin’ Aces as a big mess of a film. It steals from many superior filmmakers to tell an excessively complicated tale with little impact. Its attempts at plot twists can be seen from a mile away, but the movie seems too impressed with itself to understand what a disaster it really is."

11. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Besides many low budget and weird artsy independent films,I recall the movie Stargate being very unenjoyable for some reason.I remember laughing out loud in the theater with my friends during the movie.There was one line in particular that went something like "Might as well live for the moment,now`s a moment"we were saying it over and over after the movie.Who knows maybe if I watched Stargate now I would like it.Probably not!

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Oh, "Stargate" isn't an awful film, but it's not one of my fave Emmerich flicks. I admit I enjoy some of his stuff, but "Stargate" is just too derivative for my liking... :shrug:

13. steveharris

I want to see Surogate this weekend

14. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I did watch it all the way through. Mostly bad, but I did laugh 2 or 3 times. :help::D

15. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

In the hopes that it will be the worst film you've ever seen?

16. steveharris

To prove once and for too much EQ was used in the upper mid bass of the soundtrack :laugh:

No,because Surogate looks like it will be better than Stargate :cheers:

17. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Last weekend I saw two movies: Inglourious Basterds and Sorority Row. IB was great, but Sorority Row was one of the worst slasher films I've ever seen. And that's saying something because I've seen plenty of bad slasher films. :thumbsdn:

18. As Roger Ebert would say, at least you can't accuse Tom Green of taking half-measures or being restrained by concerns of taste!

19. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Actually Anne Rice originally hated the casting (especially Cruise) and publicly did so.

However, apparently she was 'pulled aside and spoken too' and then thought they were a wonderful choice.:sigh::rolleyes:

The movie stank. I thought the only things more wooden than Cruise and Pitt in that movie were the coffins but it was close.

20. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

I agree with Colin. It seems to me that StarGate was and still is a franchise which owes more of its success to the financial and media connections of its backers than anything related to any merits of its contents. It's not bad and I'm sure lots of folks do enjoy it just fine, but the movie is arguable and the TV incarnations didn't deserve to rack up two (or three or more) times the episodes of almost every other Sci-fi series.

A secondary rant... I wasn't too enthused at its Ancient Egypt theme. I'd like to see some good, human-oriented shows from an Ancient Egypt context sometime, maybe even based on some of the remarkable people and events we do know a bit of in reality (imagine! :idea: ). They weren't aliens, or "primitives" ruled/enlightened by aliens, they were people like us, which makes the people and times more affecting to me. This all IMH, from a Science Fiction fan.

21. Faces of Death.

I never understood the fascination with this film and I had one girl that I had a huge crush on. She LOVED the film and asked me out to go see it with her back in the day.

I looked at her in a completely different light after that...

22. williamjoel

williamjoel Spins At 33 1/3 RPM

Absolutely the worst movie I've ever seen!

I remember turning to my wife and asking "Should we leave?" about half an hour into the film. Pure dreck! :thumbsdn:

23. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

IIRC, ED WOOD was chosen in a book, FLICKERS, as one of the 100 best films. It's certainly one of my favorites.

Which means that Ed Wood the director won the Golden Turkey Award as the Worst Director of all time (after picking up several specific Turkey awards like "Least Convincing Scientific Explanation") while his biopic was selected as one of the best films ever made.

24. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

I'm told it's a hard one to watch.

25. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

"Eraserhead" and "Texas Chainshaw Massacre: The Beginning" are the two worst films I have ever seen. I hate both of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.