Yet another "commercials that annoy the hell out of us" thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

He may, but he has to wear crap outfits and lipsynch playing a cheapo Squier guitar...Not much to be smug about there!

2. Russ

Russ Outlaw

I dislike the progressive insurance lady very much.

3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Face it, anything mildly amusing initially gets run into the ground by getting overplayed.

What's worse, are people doing merely-adequate (or less) work on a spot that gets repeated unintended for months on end. Your local stations will yield excellent examples.

4. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

The original "You deserve a break today" commercial was made in 1971, and is notable for featuring several future sitcom stars: John Amos (James Evans on Good Times), Johnny Haymer (Sgt. Zale on M*A*S*H), and Anson Williams (Potsie on Happy Days).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKR1ScQUpcA

That T-Mobile ad featuring Cat Stevens' "If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out" is starting to bother me, not least because it's making me sick of a song I've always loved.

5. Jay F

Jay F New Member

You think they were just a little influenced by Apple's iPod advertising?

6. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I actually like her!

7. grizzly

grizzly New Member

I saw a commerical that was in all spanish,and I live in MN,that is one place I will never buy from.

8. I hate those radio ads for Lexus where they say.."I'm only going to say the price ONCE" with all that silly dramatic music. I turn it off when they come on.

9. Brian81

Brian81 Forum Resident

+ 1

I do like the Geico commercials with the Gecko, but I don't like the cavemen. I also like the Go Daddy and NFL Coach beer commercials. :D

10. And I actually think those ads are kind of fun. Different strokes!

Yeah! Like I said in the other thread, I think Flo is a slice of cutie pie. Not crazy about the pointy eye makeup, but still.

11. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I get annoyed by those medicine commercials that boast about the couple things it will do for you, then follow it with an encyclopedia of why you can't use it.

12. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Yeah, I agree.

13. Flo is hot! :love:

14. christopher

christopher Forum Neurotic

Microsoft's BING search engine ads. Dislike intensly.

later, chris

15. Jay F

Jay F New Member

I've tried it a couple of times. How could they have thought people would use it? And the commercials make me hate the product. Very, very annoying.

16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

17. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Well, Charter Cable TV has a very annoying ad right now. "Well, There's One, Two, Three Ways To Save When Charter Is The Name". We can also get rid of 99.9% of car dealer ads, doubly so the Big Three. While we are at it, get rid of Comcast's "It's Comcastic". It's really Comcraptic. They exemplify what is rotten about poor service. Try finding someone there who actually speak English.

18. boscos2199

boscos2199 New Member

The fact that you guys are recalling and naming these abominations means they've gotten to you, and acheived their goal. Now....I can list my answers here in all honesty....

-Any commercial that is twice as loud as the program I'm watching
    -Any commercial that uses songs I like in an offensive manner
    -Any commercial that throws around the word diarreha casually
    -"Love Stinks" I don't recall the product
    -Those stupid Healthy Choice commercials with Julia Louis Dreyfus and Don Lake are dissappointing considering the director

19. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

"Safelite repair, Safelite replace!"

20. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Don'cha HATE it when they'd have to repeat the Telephone Numbers in certain ads over and over again? It makes me feel as if they think we're all dummies!:realmad:

21. Jay F

Jay F New Member

They do that to give you time to go find a pen and piece of paper to write the number down. It's annoying, but helpful, if it happens to be something you're interested in (which of course only happens one time out of a hundred, but still). Has nothing to do with being "dummies."

22. christopher

christopher Forum Neurotic

Not if I don't buy their products. :)

later, chris

23. Moby Grape

Moby Grape Forum Resident

Commercials that portray the white male as dumb; clueless. There are literally dozens of these ads for a variety of products. Dumbness should be fairly distributed to all ethnic groups, we all "catch it" at times.

24. zen archer

zen archer Forum Resident

Most of you guys have never seen this commercial as it appears on NESN (New England Sports Network). They have this guy talking how his sister died before the Sox won the World Series in 04 and how he had to bring a hat or some other Red Sox paraphernalia and put it on her grave stone.

Then they pull away and show head stones in a grave yard and everyone has a Red Sox banner or hat hanging off of them.

I can understand the sentiment being a lifelong Sox fan.......BUT.....I hope they got permission to use those graves in a commercial. Ya gotta wonder about that and I really think they are pushing it by using a graveyard...

Don't these guys make enough $$$$ already , Now we gotta hire the dead to sell baseball?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.