RFD-TV to air Roy Rogers movies, buys Trigger and Bullet

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BradOlson, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

TRIGGER & BULLET COME HOME TO RFD-TV

Trigger and Bullet are coming to RFD-TV. That's right, we are proud to announce that Roy Rogers' two most famous partners have been purchased by RFD-TV from this past week's Christies auction of the Roy Rogers Museum.

Tune in this coming Thursday night, July 22, at 10pm eastern, 9 central, 8 mountain, or 7 pacific time for a very special edition of Equine "LIVE" with RFD-TV Founder and President, Patrick Gottsch, along with special guests from the Rogers family. We will be providing details of this news, and announce plans to bring Roy Rogers movies back to television.

As always, your calls will be welcome during the program and you may ask questions, or share your own memories of Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, and their cast of characters. It's going to be a night of talking about television-the-way-it-used-to-be, right here on RFD-TV. Gather up the family and join us, won't you?

2. BradOlson

RFD-TV did not buy Buttermilk if anyone was asking.

3. BradOlson

Bullet was bought by RFD for $35,000 and Trigger was bought by RFD for $266,500.

4. BradOlson

Speaking of RFD-TV: RFD-TV Is #1 Network For Adults 50+

LOS ANGELES, Cali./OMAHA, Neb. – (May 12, 2010) - RFD-TV continues to build larger reach and a more impressive household universe with the addition of new wired cable distribution agreements in Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico and Oklahoma. With this tremendous growth in distribution, coupled with a new and expanding programming schedule, RFD-TV’s ratings success is out pacing the competition.

According to Nielsen Media Research (2010), RFD-TV is the #1 Ad-Supported Cable Television Network for Adults 50+ in (VPVH) Audience Composition.

Additionally, RFD-TV proudly boasts a weekly audience of over 11.2 Million Adults 18+. Anchoring the broadcast week is RFD-TV’s “Music Row” (Saturday 6pm-1am EST). This star-studded lineup features the very best in traditional country music programming, delivering an extraordinary 2.7+ Million Adults weekly (Nielsen Media Research, 2010).

“This increase in audience is no surprise to me,” said Patrick Gottsch, founder and president of RFD-TV. “Interest in the America’s countryside and rural matters generally are extremely high, not only from those who live there, but also from a large proportion of city dwellers. RFD-TV’s Nielsen numbers are proof, once again, that audiences are searching for good, traditional, family-oriented entertainment and television the way it used to be.”

RFD-TV credits its Nielsen success to its significant investment over the past year in programming including PBR NOW on RFD-TV and The Marty Stuart Show. RFD-TV will continue investing in high-quality programming which will only raise its Nielsen numbers even more.

[email protected]

5. bencasey

bencasey New Member

What about the Roy Rogers TV show? That's what I would like to see them run.

6. BradOlson

There are very small indie channels that run the TV show, but what you ought to do is to write to the network via http://www.rfdtv.com/Contact/ and tell them to add the TV show to get it on a much larger network than these low budget stations.

7. BradOlson

8. BradOlson

9. BradOlson

10. BradOlson

11. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but what about Nellybelle?

12. BradOlson

13. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

I knew you'd have a ready answer! :)

My lady friend is an avid fan of all things Roy Rogers.

All evidence suggest she prefers him to me.

Oh, well...

14. BradOlson

If you have RFD-TV on your cable or satellite, let your lady friend know that they will start airing the Roy Rogers movies on the channel

15. BradOlson

The first movie that RFD-TV will air is Southward Ho! from 1939 on November 5.

http://www.archive.org/details/SouthwardHo to stream or download it, or you can buy it on many DVDs, either as part of Roy Rogers DVD compilations or as a standalone disc. I have it as part of this DVD collection: http://www.amazon.com/Great-American-Western-31-Southward/dp/B00030WW44/

If you'd like to see the movie with Roy and Dale themselves introducing the movie: http://www.amazon.com/Happy-Trails-Theater-Southward-Ho/dp/B000093NTG/

Other DVD options: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...12&h=8a0634183b70d23c1d41ae29af33172c95fbc597

16. BradOlson

Southward Ho! is on RFD-TV right now

[​IMG]

17. BradOlson

18. bad horse

bad horse New Member

Ah poor Buttermilk. It seems like he should have gone as part of the deal with Trigger and Bullet. And what about poor Trigger Jr?

As a kid I grew up in Apple Valley where the first Roy Rogers museum was located and met Roy and Dale many times. It was not at all uncommon to run into them at the museum. Truly wonderful, kind folks who never seemed to tire of a kid with a pen and a pad asking for autographs or wanting to know about their movies and TV shows. Once the museum moved to Victorville you saw less of them around (after all, the old museum was just down the road from their home) and once it moved to Branson I always feared the entire wonderful collection would be doomed.

I'm really glad RFD has started showing Roy's movies. It's been a kick seeing them again after they seemed to almost disappear for so long. Always good clean fun and the bad guys always got what they had coming to them. They just don't make 'em like that any more.

Odd unrelated sidenote - Pearl Bailey had a home just a few miles away from Roy and Dale's place and for a time it wasn't that uncommon to see Ms Bailey around the area either. Wonderfully accessible folks from a different era who always seemed to have time for their fans.

19. BradOlson

Bad Horse, Did you watch RFD's airing of Southward Ho? If not, there is the later showing tonight.

20. BradOlson

Trigger, Jr. wasn't bought by RFD-TV either. I'm glad the movies have a commercial TV home as well and on an established network and not just a fly by night. Even the movies with the worst plots are a must watch time and time again because of Roy and/or Dale and the rest of the cast providing great acting, great music, and more in one family filled package.

21. BradOlson

Here's a PDF of the movies of Roy Rogers attached right on this forum.

You will have to search the web for an episode guide for the 101 episodes of the TV series. The movies RFD-TV that is airing are the Republic movies that are mostly those in the public domain and obviously, they are working with the estate.

22. BradOlson

BTW, if there are many people who enjoyed looking at that filmography of Roy Rogers movies, let me know if any of you would like me to make a PDF of the Gene Autry filmography taken from my book on Roy's friend and fellow Republic Pictures singing cowboy Gene Autry as I can do the same thing on Gene so one can just have it without searching imdb, allmovie, etc. unless one is looking for plots.

23. BradOlson

24. BradOlson

RFD-TV will once again run "Southward Ho" for people who missed the morning airing of the movie or for those who just want to see it on RFD-TV twice.

25. BradOlson

Please post comments on the PDF posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.