Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Sullivan looks the same as always, just with grey (and less) hair. Who is that standing behind him?

2. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Chris "The Fly" Monroe son of the late "Sweet Daddy" Malcolm Monroe. Chris has been a manager for a lot of years. He was Sabu's first manager.

3. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

I haven't got to that one yet but for a good history lesson pick up
    This One.

[​IMG]

4. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Jim Ross with an update on Kevin Nash:

"I don't know what WWE's plans are for Kevin Nash who has a Legend's agreement with WWE and last appeared in the ring at the Royal Rumble. Do I think Kevin can still help as an on air performer? Absolutely. Kevin is a bright man with a high wrestling IQ who still has fuel left in his former Tennessee Volunteer tank."

5. Robert Campion

Robert Campion New Member

I'm reading about Scott Hall's addiction/health problems now. Incredibly sad and frustrating.

6. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Had to search for a few minutes to find this clip from last month. Scott is in a very scary place right now, but still tries to work. He can't. But the boys are selling for him big time.
    (Warning fans of Scott Hall this is heartbreaking)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FCkj7wXqng&feature=related

7. Robert Campion

Wow. That's shocking. Just a year ago, he had a very funny series of videos that came to a dead halt when he fell off the wagon. When Scott was on, he was one of the funniest performers ever. Addiction steals the soul.

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Oh my god... :(

9. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

That was heartbreaking!

10. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

That is beyond sad.

11. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't know if those promotions are doing him a favor by hiring him, or if they're trying to squeeze some cash out of him before he's dead, but either way it's just sad to see.

Going back and watching footage of Hall back in his AWA days, when he was supposed to replace Hogan, it's almost like it's not even the same dude.

12. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

He's a "name" star. That's the one and only reason they hire him. It isn't to do him any favors, that's for sure.

13. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

To be fair Scott probably set up the booking months before, and felt obligated to show as he had been given an advance and to collect the rest. He probably needed the bread as well. If you notice he came straight from the hospital(Note the hospital bracelet on his wrist). My guess is demerol. The promoter probably realised it was going to be a cluster **** and would have settled for him waving to the crowd and taking pictures, but it was Scott's insistance to get in the ring. Justin Credible was trying to help him but thats too hard for anybody.

The worst thing was using tape of this incident to promote an internet pay per view. another way to try to get something for the money he put out.

14. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Not saying Scott Hall isn't in bad shape, however the editing by whoever put that video together is questionable at best.

15. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I've seen video from 2 or 3 different fans. Its all the same. He just tightened it up some and adding Amy Winehouse doesn't help either.

16. Robert Campion

TMZ has a clip of Scott Hall selling some of his stuff. The video is terrible, awful quality and shot from far away. He flicks a toothpick (or pretends to) at the end of the video.

17. greatmuta

greatmuta Forum Resident

18. sirmikael

What did you think of Eric Young's impression?

19. 905

905 Senior Member

I'll never forget seeing The Great Muta for the first time in 1989. Plus, Gary Hart was one of my favorite managers.

20. sirmikael

R. Truth has been carrying Raw, in my opinion, for the past several weeks. I was absolutely bored with him as a face, but his heel turn has turned him into a one-man show!

21. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

On a somber note, the cause of Macho Man's death has been released.

In an exclusive interview with Bright House Sports Network, Savage's brother Lanny Poffo told us, Savage died from a condition known as ventricular fibrillation (VF). VF is a severely abnormal heart rhythm that can lead to fainting or heart attacks.

Poffo said, "What it means to me is, it was a beautiful way to die. It's quick, painless."

Also in the interview, Poffo called Savage's wife, Lynn a hero. Poffo said, "Randy's foot was still on the accelerator. She reached over and steered the Jeep Wrangler into a tree, saving the life of a motorcyclist and possibly a bus. You know, there's no telling what can happen when you're going the wrong way."

22. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I'm sure the 'roids didn't help either. Kudos to his wife for saving a life. What a scary situation to be in.

23. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Boy....that should sober up anybody. Crude editing....but still sad to watch.

24. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

I was always a fan of Muta. I had never seen anyone perform quite like him when he first came to work in the US. I know the smarks depise Hulk Hogan, but I was recently watching some of Hogan's work in Japan recently and came across his match from '93 with Muta. With all due respect to Randy Savage (and I count Savage as one of the top 3 wrestlers of all time), Muta got more out of Hogan than a lot of the typical WWF guys got out of him during the "Hulkamania" heyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-p0tkCuZg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLvOpcwGAe0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-F9msTmSU&feature=fvwrel

My personal favorite spot is in part 3 right around 2:12.

25. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Agree with this 1000%:goodie: I hope he gets a run with the title soon ... he's comedy gold with all his "Little Jimmy" rants and crazed facial expressions.:D