Whatever Happened To? - (Actor or Actress)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tone, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

As was posted earlier in this thread.

2. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Nastassja Kinski a couple of years ago:

[​IMG]

First saw her in an episode of the German crime series Tatort, "Reifezeugnis" (1976), directed by Wolfgang Petersen. Brilliant.

3. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Slightly off-topic....Madeleine Stowe was also the lead address in the feature "Revenge", with Kevin Costner and the late Anthony Quinn.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I always remember him in Birdie!

6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Yes, you are. Would you please look up the show about that guy who was always getting in trouble for that stuff that he did in that company he used to work at with his buddy? I wanna know what his buddy has been up to...

Thanks, man!

7. Oatsdad

Pretty sure he died in Vietnam. Or that he died when he drank Pop Rocks mixed in Coke. Or that he became a woman and opened a B&B in New Hampshire...

8. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Wes Bentley
    Thora Birch

9. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Isn't it still worthy of discussion? I've enjoyed this much better than an Aerosmith vs. ABBA thread or another Lady Gaga bashing.

10. Oatsdad

I guess I just don't know what the discussion is. The scenario seems to be one person posts an actor they think vanished and another says "no, they're still working" - and by "another", I mean "me". :D

The thread's interesting in that it gets you to think about actors who've not been prominent, but it just seems weird that people are mentioning performers who work all the time - maybe not in big-ticket projects, but they're out there.

Some of the selections are legitimately gone from the movie scene, but it simply seems logical that people could visit IMDB and find out what the actor in question has been doing before they put that actor's picture on a milk carton...

11. Oatsdad

And BTW, nice pre-emptive strike before I mentioned that Bentley and Birch are active actors! :D

I saw Bentley not long ago in "Jonah Hex". No wonder you don't think he's working - only about 12 people actually saw that bomb...

12. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

A lot of actors become "Where are they now" material because they are huge pain in the a$$es to deal with-my wife has worked on several cable tv programs with former A and B listers and I have seen it first hand...

13. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

More fun this way!

14. Michael

yes, the human can be quite mean, demanding and such! I knew a few aholes myself...and many that were just wonderful down to earth people regardless of their fame.:righton:

15. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Like who? You can name names, the nobodies from the ether will ever know. :shh::D

16. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Naw, man, he went on to become Marilyn Manson.

17. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Robin Johnson-She was the deep voiced and oddly attractive actress who was in a lot of things in the 80s. Times Square, Firefox, Guiding Light

Lisa Eilbacher- Officer and a Gentleman, Beverly Hills Cop, very cool actress, haven't seen her in anything in a while.

Amanda Petersen-Someone else mentioned her, I've never gotten a satisfactory answer...

Ben Powers- He was in the New Laugh-In, Good Times and later Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer. There's been conflicting reports about his whereabouts.

18. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

What about Michelle Johnson of "Blame It On Rio" fame?

19. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

She was absolutely gorgeous in that movie.
    But not much of an actress.

[​IMG]

These days:

[​IMG]

20. Tone

Tone Senior Member Thread Starter

One of my 'guilty pleasures' movies. It's a very funny light flick..... Demi Moore sure 'grew up' after that flick. :)

21. Oatsdad

Yeah, that too!

22. Oatsdad

Because it annoys me? :D

23. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

I "grew up" watching that flick, but oh man, talk about not aging gracefully. For her age, Joy Harmon, looks better than Michelle.

24. DJ Phoenix

DJ Phoenix New Member

How about Amanda Peterson(she played Cindi Mancini in Cant Buy Me Love), she pretty much disappeared off the planet, same with Deborah Foreman(who played Julie in Valley Girl)

25. Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.