Best Case for iPod Classic 160GB?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by hutlock, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

So my wife got me a new iPod Classic 160GB for my birthday yesterday and I would like to get a case for it to keep it shiny and new and unscratched.

Can anyone recommend a case ? I'd prefer an actual hard case to a gummy/sticker kind of thing just because I travel with my iPod a lot and want to protect it against impact as much as I can.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I went looking for an image of the case I use in Google Images and immediately saw this...decided to post it as it's much more interesting than a pic of my case. :winkgrin:

[​IMG]

4. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

5. hutlock

That's the kind I'm looking for, Frank. I meant I didn't want to mess around with one of those skins/sticker kind of things that don't provide any impact protection. Thanks!

6. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

I bought a black rubber (stretch) cover case at Best Buy that covered it all really nice. You can tell in the store. Don't know what brand...sorry

7. Mikey679

Mikey679 Forum Resident

8. dynamicalories

dynamicalories Forum Resident

9. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Yeah, I've been using the iSkin evo4. Meh.

I used to LOVE the Contour Showcase, but they stopped making it for the Classic. The leftover one I got for the 6th Gen iPod Classic doesn't fit the 7th Gen one (the one you likely just got) well at all. Haven't been happy with any other case since.

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

11. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Using one of these for my 160 but their site only mentions an 80 & 120 classic. http://www.kroousa.com/ Not sure if they are all the same thickness.

12. laynecobain

laynecobain Active Member

I've owned 4 Ipods since they first came out, and now also a own a Nano. Never have used a cover for any of them--no reason for or against---just never have. My Iphone and Ipad I do.

13. I have the Griffin Elan convertible (has a flap that flips up). Comes in handy travelling on a plane or in a car where you don't want the face being pressed against something.

14. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I like this clear plastic hard case that protects everything including the screen and the wheel.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      16.6 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
  15. hoover537

hoover537 Senior Member

+1. I use this one by Belkin.

16. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

My rubber case came from Best Buy too - we probably use the same case. I like it a lot. I usually keep my iPod in my shirt pocket and the rubber keeps it form sliding out if I forget to snap or button the pocket.

17. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I've seen those and wondered about them. They look slick. I also recommend to the OP keeping that little static sticker on the screen/face of your i-Pod, to ward off scrtaches and fingerprints.

I still have my i-Pod nano from 2006 and it holds less than 1 gb. I'll use it until it goes caput.

18. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

The 6th Gen 120G and 7th Gen (current) 160G are supposed to be the same thickness, but I find a very slight difference where the 160G is a hair thicker.

I purchased (as I mentioned above) a 6th Gen 120G Contour Showcase for my 7th Gen 160G Classic, and it needs a little "help" fitting in there.

Just make sure the cases you search for are for the 7th Gen 160G...there was an earlier generation 160G that was much thicker.

19. beatlesfan68

beatlesfan68 Forum Resident

+1

I use these on an iPod Photo 60GB and an iPod Classic 160GB. No issues at all and it's easy to remove the cases if needed.

:goodie:

20. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Awesome! No problem! The one I listed has worked great for me for 2 years now with no problems. :righton:

21. cara

cara Member

My 5th Gen 80GB I-pod kept in the leather Griffin case I bought with it in 2006 is still in excellent condition with hardly a mark on it. Highly recommended.

22. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

I've used this model of Griffin case and liked it. I actually have an unopened spare lying around now that I think of it.

23. hutlock

Yeah, my old iPod (a 20GB iPod photo!) has been in a Contour Showcase since the day I bought it and still looks fantastic. That was the first case I went looking for for the new Classic and discovered that it wasn't gonna work, hence my post here...

I definitely like the one Frank suggested, and I'm gonna also look into the iSkin evo4. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

24. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I have no case for my Gen 5 30gb iPod. It gets scratched on the back but the basic design is so wonderful I really don't care.

I think they look better without a case.

25. taam

taam Member

best leather cases i know are from vajacases.com they are expensive but great.

taam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.