Red Hot Chili Peppers New Album - I'm With You - Out 8-30-2011

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikemoon, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

I am counting down until this release date....

2. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

Since I'm getting ready for the new album, I played One Hot Minute last night.

What a strange album that is--everything from its musical diversity to its salty language--definitely one for the headphones when my kids are around!

That said, even that supposedly disappointing Chili Peppers album is pretty dang goo.

3. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

So they are playing club Nokia ......

tickets are $125, $250, $400 and $1000

Nice way to treat the fans ...... wow !

4. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Forum Resident

Of course the CD will be brickwalled. The only way the music business is going to learn is with repeated beatings. They need to continue losing customers and money until they get it in their thick heads that sound quality matters.

My only concern is the LP version. Everybody loved Stadium Arcadium (there's a nice Youtube video showing the difference between LP and CD versions), so I'm hoping this new album gets the same quality treatment. If not, well, forget it. These old men should know better. They made great sounding albums 20 years ago, and there's no excuse. And why aren't we all sending tweets to the Peppers? Tell 'em what ya want!

5. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

6. This is what the loudest section of the first track (official .mp3) looks like after WaveGain:

[​IMG]

This is far worse than S/A and BtW, mastering-wise; they're back to Californication level again. I swear to God, if the vinyl released in October won't be better...

7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Who's the guitar player now?

Evan

8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Thanks!

Evan

9. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I happened to hear a single on Sirius XM yesterday. I didn't know who it was when the song started, but then I recognized Kiedis' voice. Take this w/ a grain of salt, because I was driving at highway speeds, and Sirius XM is not good for sound quality, but it sounded almost like synthpop. The percussion and bass sounded electronic. I heard very little guitar during the verses (faint strumming), but during the choruses the guitar was playing a very Harrisonesque (meaning melody and tone) weep.

Doug

10. hamishd91

hamishd91 Forum Resident

New album is streaming at iTunes now.. Pretty impressed so far.

11. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

12. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I just bought Stadium Arcadium today. I will probably get around to getting the new one in five years.

13. Have only heard it once, but this might be even more boring than Stadium Arcadium.

14. hamishd91

hamishd91 Forum Resident

Ethiopia is my favourite so far I think.

15. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Flea seems to have a few tasty licks going on but the songs just seem too laid back and I eventually lose interest. I already miss the creative input and scorching guitar work from John Frusciante, where is the funk?

16. I'm very pleasantly surprised that this seems to be a great album (I am half way through the iTunes stream). I didn't think much of Raindance Maggie at all, but as with most RHCP albums, the album tracks are more interesting than the singles!

Of course the mastering is terrible, but that is par for the course for a RHCP album.

17. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

I've been asking this question of RHCP for well over a decade now! :D

18. I'm SOOO glad they have a little less of the funk. Found the band around the time of Mother's Milk, and I always liked their melodic side better.

19. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Has anyone received an advanced / promo copy yet?

20. laynecobain

laynecobain Active Member

21. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

DR for the iTunes-stream: DR results

Specially mastered for iTunes :)

22. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

A 3?!?!

23. The stream that was on 91x.com (site's now taken down, but .mp3s can still be downloaded) gave DR 4 for Monarchy of Roses. Wonder whether that was a different master or just due to format differences. (128 kbps mp3)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.