$5.00 Bin At Walmart (1/26/12)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Yeah, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuckee

Chuckee Forum Resident

Saw Waiting For The Sun - Doors & Cars 1st in the $5 CD bins at Wal-mart. Was tempted to get the Doors, I'm happy with my Cars LP.

2. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

On a releated note, my local Best Buy had the "Hail Hail Rock And Roll" soundtrack (single disc) in the $5 bin over the weekend.

3. timind

timind phorum rezident

Saw Purple Rain in the bin at my local WalMart. Almost bought it but thought I had it already. Turns out I don;t have a copy anymore. I believe I had it on vinyl which was sold off years ago.

4. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I work in the electronics department of my Walmart & took advantage of my day off. When I am working, I consider every CD & DVD off limits while I'm on the clock. When I'm off I am a customer so today I went to my Walmart & sorted through the $5 bin. I made stacks of CD's around the wall of the bin of the CD's I went through until I checked the last one. I then went over to the CD isle & grabbed a "Playlist" CD. I finnished shopping & I went home. The CD's I got are: Ray Parker Jr.-S.O.U.L. (Some great songs on that one), The Very Best Of The Village People (for a few good songs), The Essential Tammy Wynette (A great collection!), The Essential Charlie Pride (A very good collection), & Kenny Loggins Playlist (This is to bring some scattered tracks together on one disc.) I always say "The price of the CD's may be cheap but the music will always retain it's value." I'm glad to have them in my collection.

5. djej

djej Forum Resident

Went to Best Buy tonight and picked up the following:

$7.99
    Stevie Wonder - The Definitive Collection (Christmas gift for someone)

$4.99
    Kool & The Gang - Light Of Worlds
    Kool & The Gang - Wild And Peaceful
    Muddy Waters - The Folk Singer
    The Beach Boys - Sounds Of Summer (Christmas gift for someone)
    Tangled - Songs & A Story (for my daughter)

$3.99
    Bob Seger - Greatest Hits (my current copy is scratched)

Thought about picking up The Beastie Boys "The Mix Up" and Billy Preston's "20th Century Masters" but refrained given all the other stuff I was buying. May go back in a few weeks.

But they have a TON of titles from a lot of genres available from $4.99 - $6.99.

6. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Not me. When I worked at the music store, I scoured the inventory while on the clock. If I found something that I needed, I'd grab it right then and there and save it for purchase after the shift.

7. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

For Shame! :eek:

That's like working in the toy department and pulling all the Treasure Hunt Hot Wheel cars out before they hit the shelf. :tsk:

8. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

What? You're shocked this happens? I'd say this is the norm, and the guy who *won't* do it on the clock is the exception. :laugh:

nbakid2000 likes this.
  9. apple-richard

I know that. :)

I was just giving him some stick because I know he'll get a chuckle out of it. :D

10. Picked up the following discs from Best Buy today for $4.99:

John Hiatt - Slow Turning
    Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap
    Keith Richards - Main Offender
    John Mayer Trio - Try! (Live in Concert)
    Stevie Ray Vaughan & Friends - Solos, Sessions & Encores

I went through the whole bin which took about 30 minutes.

11. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I found Fleetwood Mac s/t and Steve Miller Band 'Book of Dreams' today. Also Green Day 'Warning:'.

12. jabrow75

jabrow75 Forum Resident

And to think, there's currently a USED copy of this on Amazon for $999.99 + 2.98 shipping :sigh:

13. music4life

music4life Senior Member

They must be getting new batches in. Today I scored The Doobie Brothers "World Gone Crazy" (including bonus tracks and DVD) and Stevie Ray Vaughn "Live Alive". There were a few other new ones, but I already had them...

Has anyone seen Madonna's "True Blue" remaster?

14. DreamIsOver

Yep. I just saw it in the bin at my local Wal Mart in Bradley IL a couple days ago.

They also had a*new* 5 track Green Day single for "Oh Love" in the bin. The other 4 songs were all album tracks - "American Idiot", "Boulvard Of Broken Dreams", "21 Guns" and "Know Your Enemy"

15. DreamIsOver

I was at Menard's hardware store today for some home improvement needs and they had dump table of $5 DVD's and CD's. Last place in the world I expected to see CD's on sale. Many of the same titles as Best Buy and Wal Mart but there were some I hadn't seen before - Smashing Pumpkins "Zeitgeist", John Forgerty "Revival" and The Who "Endless Wire" 2CD + DVD edition.

16. apple-richard

Great Googily Moogily I'll have to check my Menard's!

:wave:

17. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

At my local Wal-Mart for $5 each, I bought Sam Cooke's Night Beat and Steve Miller Band's Book of Dreams.

18. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Also, I have seen that Curb has an exclusive $5 bin deal on the Bellamy Brothers Greatest Hits Vol. 3 in its original form and not the re-recorded version of it.

19. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

JR.com currently has over 3,000 CD's at 2 for $7. Here was my haul:
    Item Description Price Qty Total
    Pyramid (Alan Parsons)
    $3.50 1 $3.50
    Pickin' up the Pieces (Poco)
    $3.50 1 $3.50
    Mercy, Mercy, Mercy: A Collection (Buckinghams)
    $3.50 1 $3.50
    Red Rubber Ball (A Collection) (The Cyrkle)
    $3.50 1 $3.50
    Turnstiles [Remaster] (Billy Joel)
    $3.50 1 $3.50
    Glass Houses (Billy Joel)
    $3.50 1 $3.50
    52nd Street (Billy Joel)
    $3.50 1 $3.50
    An Innocent Man (Billy Joel)
    $3.50 1 $3.50
    Order Summary
    Subtotal: $28.00
    Surepost Super Saver: $0.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $28.00

I had to eliminate CD's by Dylan, Santana, Blood Sweat & Tears, and Kate Bush to keep the cost down.

20. How did you get free shipping? Special code?

It doesn't give me the free shipping option with the same number of CD's ($28).

21. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

I joined their free "club" or whatever they called it, last November which gives me free shipping on all orders. I don't think this is still available...maybe they will repeat it in November (came in handy for Black Friday/Cyber Monday).

22. apple-richard

I finally made it over to Menards and this is what I got for $5 each;

Paul McCartney Tug Of War
    Devo's Greatest Hits
    Bryan Adams 11
    Heart Magazine
    Cheap Trick Special One w DVD
    Billy Squier Extended Versions (live album from 1983)

AND!

The Real Ghostbusters Volume One 5 DVD 30 episode set in Metal Tin Case!

I love my cartoons!

23. Apparently now the sale is each CD for $3.99:

http://www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?N=4293746670
    Many of the same type as you would see at Walmart, but a much deeper selection. Speaking of Walmart, their $7 bin is starting to get a better selection.

24. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

Found at menards for $5: phish live in brooklyn (3 cd), dual disc of 38 special live at sturgis and dual disc blues traveler truth be told. Also saw who-endless wire mentioned above

25. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.