Anyone recognize this picture?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I know I've seen the brunette in something before as well. Anyone have a clue who SHE might be?

2. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

^^^
    I know, they both look familiar but that dark-haired girl is SO familiar looking.
    I kinda wish I never opened this thread as it is so unimportant to me yet I can't wait to find out the answer.........:help:

3. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

They still look different. The one on the left has chubby cheeks and different eyes.

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I want to know what prize we win if we put this mystery to bed. It's gone beyond fun into work.

5. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Has anyone got a copy of Tom Lisanti's book Drive in Dream Girls- A Galaxy of B Movie starlets of the Sixties? They might be in that book

Like some of you have said the blonde girl seems familiar.

6. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

I just checked through all of the names in that book (Google search, books, had the text of the index and some of the book), and none match our two wayward waifs.

Prize? You get to put this ridiculous thread to rest.

Harry

SandAndGlass likes this.
  7. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

I'm beginning to agree with Drifter. It's amazing how different someone can look in one photo. I have pics of me that look nothing like me.
    Maybe that one pic IS Cheryl but it doesn't look quite like her due to the light (as mentioned) or just the way a camera picks up a passing moment of one's facial expression that is not necessarily typical.

You have to admit, the hair is spot on.

8. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

I had originally thought the blond looked like Cheryl Holdridge, and those hairstyles are identical.

But, there are some things to consider:

1. According to IMDb, Ms. Holdridge was almost exclusively a television actress, so her being on an anamorphic piece of film seems unlikely.

2. The pilot the frame is from was made for a TV series that began in 1964, so anything after that year is out of the question.

3. If we ignore the anamorphic nature of the picture, CH was in a 1963 episode of "77 Sunset Strip", which is one of her only roles after "Leave It To Beaver", yet before the 1964 cutoff date.

The episode was called "The Heartbeat Caper", and according to IMDb, this is the episode's plot:

Through deduction, I figure that Ms. Holdridge was one of the two victims, as she wasn't a series regular, like the other women listed for that episode.

The only other credited actress, whom I assume was the second victim was named "Barrie Howard" and her role was only listed as "co-ed".

The second woman in the picture is wearing a university sweatshirt, so she could be the co-ed in question, and Hawthorne (on the sweatshirt) and the Sunset Strip are both in LA, so that fits too.

So, those details all match (based on many assumptions), yet the two biggest flaws in the theory are the anamorphic nature of the frame, not to mention that "77 Sunset Strip" was a Warner Bros. series, yet "Yoyage To The Bottom of the Sea" was made at 20th Century Fox...

Still, it was fun when I was trying to cram all the pieces together!

9. drmark7

drmark7 Forum Resident

Let's Eliminate Elizabeth And Cheryl for Once and All

Let's try to eliminate Cheryl Holdridge and Elizabeth Montgomery for once and for all.
    Assuming those two girls are roughly the same age and college aged... (Approx 18-20)

In one post, a picture was shared of Cheryl Holdrige from a BEWITCHED episode. That was the 1964 episode THE GIRL REPORTER where Cheryl was the much younger woman with a crush on Darrin. It was a BW episode, but the pic is from a colorized version.

Elizabeth Montgomery was born in 1933
    Cheryl Holdridge was born in 1944

So in 1964, Cheryl would have been 20 and Elizabeth was 31.
    That makes them eleven years apart in age.
    I don't think that the girls in the mystery frame look OVER a DECADE apart.
    (The brunette - presumed 2B Elizabeth- is not 10 years older than the blond- presumed 2B Cheryl.)

We also never really saw Elizabeth Mongomery as a teen-ager in her acting appearances. She was 20 or so when she began appearing on early TV shows. And was 30 in her first leading lady movie role- that was JOHNNY COOL in 1963 (A United Artists film) . And was 31 during the first season of BEWITCHED.

10. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Would be nice if we could find someone who ever taped reruns of 77 Sunset Strip off TV Land back in the 80's, or has access to some old syndication prints so we could rule out Miss Holdridge one way or another.

11. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

She's still the closest match. The facial features are too close for it not to not be her when you consider that both images feature the same distinctive hairstyle and hair colour. I am wondering if it might have been a screen test for a motion picture for which she did not get the role. Some people say her chin and lips are different, but she's making a funny face, which would distort her features. Also, the resolution isn't the greatest.

[​IMG]

12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I don't think there is any question the brunette is NOT Elizabeth Montgomery.

Michelle66: That's a really great theory. Well done.

13. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Great thread.
    A still shot like this one can radically alter perception of one's "look".

I say forget the hair on the blonde, could be any of a zillion girls.

Facial features that don't change.
    Ears, unfortunately they're covered.

Eyebrows, while they can be arched or frowned, round\arched eyebrows don't become angular.

Cheryl Holdridge has angular brows not the smoothed,arched ones from the clip.
    While it could be different, the smile\grins are totally different.

Forget the age difference between thing, impossible to devine anything there.

The more I look at the blow-up the more I am convinced that the brunette is most likely Elizabeth Montgomery. And while not for sure is it E.M. anyone who says that it defintely is not is wrong. You just can't tell for sure.

Like others the maddening thing is I know I have seen the blonde actress before.

14. Mosep

Mosep Senior Member

I'm 99% sure this frame is from the movie "Take Her, She's Mine".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057556/

It's a 20th Century Fox color beatsploitation flick from 1963 starring Jimmie Stewart.

15. cnath

cnath Senior Member

Mosep got it!
    the blonde is Jenny Maxwell - looks like the other one is maybe Cynthia Pepper , but it's definitely from "Take her, She's Mine " If you look up Jenny Maxwell on Google images, the 3rd picture I found is another scene from the film - both women are in it... finally..!
    Cnath

16. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

17. dirwuf

18. william shears

william shears Senior Member

Thanks Mosep. Now, can you tell us what the inverted triangle on Columbia CD and LP label means;)

SandAndGlass and Robert C like this.
  19. HGN2001

Bravo! The SH Forum and member Mosep comes through.

OK Rudy, you can take down the forum now...

Harry

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. HGN2001

So, to recap, what have we learned?

- Neither girl was Elizabeth Montgomery. Not ever. And the blonde wasn't Cheryl Holdridge.

- It WAS originally in color.

- It WAS a 20th Century Fox production.

- The two young ladies are Jenny Maxwell and Cynthia Pepper, and the production was TAKE HER, SHE'S MINE starring Jimmy Stewart and Sandra Dee.

- Both girls appeared on MY THREE SONS (Ms. Pepper nine times, Ms. Maxwell only once)

- Both appeared in Elvis movies

- Neither appeared in LEAVE IT TO BEAVER

Harry

21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!

The mystery solved!!!

Mosep, you have quelled many queasy months of pondering this enigma! Bravo!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  22. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Oh wait, now I have something I'd like solved.

Anyone recognize this foot?

[​IMG]

kwadguy likes this.
  23. dirwuf

Now THAT'S Cheryl Holdridge...

goodiesguy, Sean, MLutthans and 2 others like this.
  24. HGN2001

This turned out to be correct.

Jenny Maxwell was in TWILIGHT ZONE'S "Long Distance Call" as the babysitter.

Attached Files:

ARK, SandAndGlass and Synthfreek like this.
  25. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

What is more unbelievable is that Mosep has been a member since 2004 and has only posted 4 times! :)

ARK, fr in sc, troggy and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.