New Doors reissues 45rpm Vinyl & SACD (Part 02)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Bought the box set today, I figured this is the end game for The Doors so I took the plunge.

Clanceman likes this.
  2. MorbidToaster

MorbidToaster Well-Known Member

Didn't buy the box, but I did just buy all 6 albums from Elusive Disc. Same reasoning as yours. Might as well get the end game before it gets stupid expensive and hard to find.

3. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I bought them as they were released and they're worth the fifty bucks an album IMO. No regrets.

4. MikeyVan

MikeyVan MoFaux Fraudelity Scam Labs Digi-Vinyl fan

Cancelled my 45 rpm boxset pre-order as well. $100 for a box (with a pic of Jim only, no less) not worth it to me

I'll probably sample a couple of titles and likely end up with all 6:laugh:

5. MorbidToaster

Yeah, I wasn't paying $100 for the damn box. Just bought the albums individually.

6. ssmith3046

If you're a Doors fan I bet you will end up with all six albums.

7. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Got my vinyl box in the mail today. I know the popular opinion on here is that the number on the box is pointless. However, for what it's worth I received #15 of 2,500. That's the lowest number I've ever gotten on a numbered/limited edition release such as this.

It does have a nice group photo on the back of the box.

Dmann201 likes this.
  8. MikeyVan

MikeyVan MoFaux Fraudelity Scam Labs Digi-Vinyl fan

hehe...That would be a good bet for you to take! I already have the 4 DCC's, originals (multiples), 1st 2 monos, Rhino box, and the various live vinyl...no MFSL though.
    I am a fan, but strangely I have not listened to any Doors LPs for many months-except the recent Live at the Bowl '68 2 LP set.

I recently got the (QRP) Hendrix Live at Berkeley 2 LP set. Nice flat, centered, blemish free, & quiet pressings, + excellent sound -so I'm sure the Doors 45rpms would be a treat.

So there are other band members.

I appreciate everyone's comments.

9. PJJK

PJJK Forum Resident

S/T and Morrison Hotel on the way........just need Waiting for the Sun to complete the collection.

10. Blue Collar Man

Blue Collar Man Active Member

That's what happened to me. :laugh:

11. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Has anyone compared the new 45 to the 96/24 HDTracks versions?

12. PJJK

PJJK Forum Resident

Just ordered my 6th today....luckily the 6th is being paid for with work reward points.

Blue Collar Man likes this.
  13. Blue Collar Man

Blue Collar Man Active Member

A good reward. :agree:

14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I got the box a few days ago and have played them all. I'm very impressed with the whole package and sound quality. The vinyl is all flat and quiet. I notice no lack of bass as some early recipients reported. I hope QRP keeps putting out stuff of this caliber. In their brief existence they've already taken the lead in quality control IMO.

15. PJJK

PJJK Forum Resident

Listening to S/T and it sounds amazing......wowzers. I was concerned because of reports that it wasn't from the original master but a, quite pleased! Pick it up!

16. mrob0000

mrob0000 Forum Resident

'Got #77 of 2,500.... 'Pretty darn happy right now!:whistle:

Oh and by the way Chad Kassem's a stud...

17. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

Got box number #58 yesterday.

In a way it's a little sad
    a) the cost of a box
    b) that's probably me done with Doors music purchases for good....

18. hishou

hishou Forum Resident

Yes, 33rpm vinyl cut from the original master tapes with today's technology, the way it was meant to be heard...

19. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Led Zeppelin Dbl. LP (and quadruple) 45 rpm records of this caliber please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please (ad infinitum.)

20. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Anyone compared the ST SACD to the DCC?

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

22. MorbidToaster

Mine all came in the other day. Probably going to be some of my first plays on the new system once it arrives. I'll compare to my Rhino box and once I've confirmed how good they are I'll probably trade my Rhino box to my dealer for store credit towards a new phono stage. :)

23. ssmith3046

If you're fan of August and Everything After by the Counting Crows AP's 45 rpm release of it sounds great.

24. ssmith3046

I know that Chad is in business to make money but he has done much for the world of vinyl and enrich my record and music loving life over the years.

mrob0000 likes this.
  25. Asgard

Asgard Forum Resident

Could be a mistake but in Acoustic Sounds site the date of SACD`s release is now february 18. That is: NEXT WEEK:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.