Captain Beyond

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SimplyOrange, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayved

wayved Guest

Captain Beyond rules

2. wayved

wayved Guest

3. oldsiamsir

oldsiamsir Forum Resident

the first record is being reissued on the Cleopatra label.

4. wayved

wayved Guest

that first Medusa record is completely different from Medusa, however....

5. Alan Schneider

Alan Schneider Forum Resident

Led...I have a first pressing but it's worn out. Looking for another vinyl copy. which pressing sounds best?

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I just spun the first one a week or so back. Tragic it got so little attention upon its release. It's such a great piece of music from start to finish.

Never dug the other two though I own them.

7. T'mershi Duween

T'mershi Duween Forum Resident

The debut still sounds fresh. Imagine a new band coming out with something as good and consistently strong, they would be hailed as saviors of the rock genre.

Captain Beyond rocks my face off.

8. wayved

wayved Guest

I apologize. The first Trapeze record sounds nothing like Trapeze's second album, Medusa.

9. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I saw them (about 10 yrs ago or so)in Clearwater fl.From what I remember it was 1 off show with the original line up except the singer.they sounded great.

10. zen

zen Senior Member

11. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

Me too!

12. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Heard the first Captain Beyond album for the first time last month. How could I possibly missed it all this time. Just bought the second album on Amazon for $3.99

Mister Charlie and eelkiller like this.
  13. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

14. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

When I was in Las Vegas a few years back I finally jumped at the chance to buy Dawn Explosion at long last. I love it as much as the debut. Now I ended up buying the Friday Music remaster which I think sounds pretty good, but in hindsight back in NZ I had many opportunities to pick up the Capricorn CD, but had reservations at the time because I wasn't sure whether Willy Daffern could hold a candle next to Rod Evans - so sadly never gave the album a chance back then. So I'm getting curious about the Capricorn CD as to whether it's still better than the Friday Music version. Thoughts?!

15. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I thought that the CDs of the first album were Japan imports only. No US pressings at all. And with that being said, a good clean needle drop could potentially blow the CD out of the water.

16. robertk

robertk Forum Resident

good call & worth digging up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.