Rod Stewart "Live 1975-1998" 4-CD box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Indy500, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy500

Indy500 Forum Resident Thread Starter

This is due to be released May 28th and I can't find out any news or details. Is this real?

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Good question. It's listed on Amazon and other e-tailers, but I did a quick search and couldn't find out anything else. I didn't see a track list or cover image on Amazon.

Allegedly it's from Rhino, but I didn't see anything about it on their site, and I didn't see it on Rod's official site.

So who knows?

3. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

The Shadow knows.

4. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I'm not going to get too excited over a live collection that starts in 1975.

cgoodwin likes this.
  5. Indy500

Indy500 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Post Faces right? I'm just afraid it will end up like the Tom Petty box taking a scattershot approach rather than a snapshot approach of 4 or 5 concerts.

6. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

1975 would be Faces so the start date seems kind of weird. On the other hand, it coincides with Rod's solo move to WB so that may be the reason.

7. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

Nothing on fansites either. All quiet. Iwill be shocked if this appears given absence of even a press release.
    It is in keeping with the less than perfect campaign that started in 2008.....

8. At the time the Rod Stewart Sessions box came out I read an interview with the producer saying a live box set was in the works.I am hoping this is it as the Sessions box was fantastic.Amazon haven't gone completely to sleep on this as a few days ago they adjusted the price downwards.

9. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

I love, love, love the Sessions box. It's freakin' amazing.

eelkiller and rstamberg like this.
  10. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

wow Rod gets all his stuff released! he is great! dam more money goes.... Lol

11. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

I ordered it just to have The Faces from 1975.

12. dee

dee Senior Member

That's a pretty sweet price for a four disc set, but track list/details please! Awhile back, there were how many (3 or more?) KBFH concert recordings from the late 70's that were/are streaming at Wolfgangs Vault? I'm a slow eater and am still digesting all the RS Sessions/Faces/Deluxe Editions material, but this live set could be tempting for me.

13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I said the same thing regarding the studio box figuring certain years would be abysmal. Much to my surprise I found the material on the box to be strong throughout. Maybe too much to ask for live material though. :uhhuh:

14. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'm not much of an expert on post-Faces Rod, but there's a pretty good chance live versions of some of his 80's and 90's material might be a lot more interesting than the studio counterparts, given how slick those records were. You never know.

15. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Yup.
    This is the reason I must have the new live box.

16. Bruce

Bruce Senior Member

So true

17. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I remember about 10 years ago on the Smiler fan website that it was reported that Rod's management had approved release of various live shows from the 80's. Nothing ever came of it, but my guess is that some of this material will be from the radio broadcasts from the late-70's and 80's. It looks like this is real, but just not something that will be heavily promoted by Rod. Frankly, I don't recall much promotion from anybody when Rod/Rhino released the Sessions box set.

18. rs4951

rs4951 Forum Resident

Word on the fanclub board is that this has been shelved until 2014.

Given his high profile return to writing etc, I am surprised that Warner / Rhino are not all over this opportunity to cash in with catalogue.
    25th anniversary of his last mostly self-penned album Out of Order for a start..and they have a deluxe done for it.

19. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

IIRC, they had Deluxe Editions ready for a bunch of the Warner Brothers albums, but dropped the series after the first two didn't sell well.

20. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

They shouldn't have started in chronological order. If they would've started with the higher-selling albums first the program might have had a shot, IMO.

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

They may have figured it was best to put out some lesser-lights first: tap pent-up fan demand with those and then move to albums with more general appeal.

Didn't work, I guess! :shrug:

22. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Maybe, but I'm glad we got what we got because it still may not have made it and the two we got are essential albums.

23. dee

dee Senior Member

Aww. Too Bad.

24. dee

dee Senior Member

+1. I have gotten much play out of A Night On The Town over the years and consider it (side one especially) top shelf. Side Two ain't too shabby either, imo. Looking forward to finally hearing the deluxe edition tonight or tomorrow. :)

25. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

Or, it could be that Rhino laid off the majority of their staff and there was no one left to work them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.