"Patsy Cline - Greatest Hits" to be released on Analogue Productions SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by soundboy, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

Yeah, that was a shocker for me too! You can also hear that on the vinyl.

Get2Me and Myke like this.
  2. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

Which not everyone (here's looking at me, d'oh!) immediately got.

Maybe someone at some point might chime in on differences between the Robert Ludwig CD and this release. Good to hear people's impressions thus far!

3. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

I have the Patsy Cline Collection box set that generally gets pretty good reviews here as I recall. I also have the 1993 Gold MasterDisc of 12 Greatest Hits. Why would one have the GH when they have the box? Simple. Sometimes you just want to hear some Patsy & GH fits the bill nicely. And more importantly, Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits is on every jukebox in every bar in America. (I think it's a law.) If not, they don't stay in business very long. Everyone should own at least one copy of this record!

Now...I've gotten confused here...so...how many times has this title been released on CD...and which one is the famous "$5 WalMart" CD?? The one from 2003 for $4.99 on Amazon? Was this also the one Robert Ludwig did that you're talking about? (I see there's a 2008 edition too, that bounces back to the "12 Greatest Hits" title & artwork. I'm goin' nuts here!)

Which artwork & title were on the original album?

Is the SACD available from Amazon?

That oughta do for now. BTW...I LOVE the picture of Patsy that Hip-O used on their Decca Collection set. Can you imagine being in a crowded nightclub or restaurant and having a woman look at you like that? Wow!

.crystalised. likes this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You asked and were answered back on page 2 of this thread. :laugh:

5. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

:hide: Good Lord....I'd like to think that'll be the last time I do that.....but knowing me & this place, I know better! This is worth another :hide:

Myke likes this.
  6. Kennyboy

Kennyboy Well-Known Member

I'm new to this forum but not to SACD. I have had good luck with the two Analog Production SACDs I purchased recently (Cat Stevens, Shelby Lynne) and I'd like to go three for three. Can anyone who has auditioned the Patsy Cline SACD comment on whether the piano sounds "tinny" as noted in the review on the Acoustic Sounds webpage? On an unrelated note, are any of you as disappointed with the MOFI Billy Joel SACDs as I am especially Glass Houses? MOFI did a great job with the first three Sinatra SACDs but I am much less impressed with the Billy Joels.

7. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

It doesn't sound tinny to my ears at all, and the vocals are great. I think that the Lp is actually better here, at least I think so. Somehow I find it a more engaging listen as I said in an earlier post. The SACD is very good, though. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

P.S. Welcome to the Forum!

8. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

I have a CD release from around 1990 of Patsy's 12 Greatest that sound wonderful, Full of presence. It's doesn't cost a bunch either. Curious how the SACD sounds.

9. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

CLASSIC RESPONSE!!! Nice to know that someone out there realizes that what I wrote in post # 68, was a bit "tongue-in-cheek", as well!

SteelyTom likes this.
  10. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Just listening now...Very warm....

11. Myke

SACD right ? Think I know you well enough by now to put money on that.

12. art

art Senior Member

Perfect collection in every way. "She's Got You" has never been more inescapable, for example.

13. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

At least three times.

Mono cd
    Stereo cd
    Remixed stereo cd.

14. Myke

Enough details to help me find a copy to buy please ?

15. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Think I'll go down to Wall Mart. ;)

16. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

I have a BMG club edition.

Catalog number: MCAD-12
    Matrix: MCAD12 2/95 BDA1

All tracks are mono except Faded Love and Walking After Midnight is the original version.

17. Myke

18. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

19. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

SACD layer or Redbook layer?

20. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

SACD.

art likes this.
  21. Myke

First time Wiki has let me down. One compilation ??? I don't think so. :crazy:
    Discogs no help.
    No mono on eBay.

May just have to wait for more sellers, or details.

22. Myke

Just bought a 1988 BMG from Amazon Marketplace. After a Google search, it became clear ALL the BMGs feature the mono mixes.

Thanks again Claude !

23. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

BTW,The guitar interplay on "You're Stronger Than Me" sounds like Hank Garland,but is not..Garland was hurt badly in a 1960 Car Crash that also involved Cline,too..She was in the hospital with a broken leg when,ironically,"I Fall To Pieces",a tune written by Garland,BTW,was topping the C&W charts,but,for Garland,it was his last session he'd ever do...it has the same Echoed effect Hank did.

24. hogger129

hogger129 Well-Known Member

Already have it on vinyl.

25. Roscoe

Roscoe Active Member

Actually, Cline's car accident was in June 1961 and Garland's accident was later that year...separate incidents having nothing to do with each other.

"I Fall To Pieces" was written by Hank Cochran (and Harlan Howard), not Hank Garland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.