? for those who order from Soundstage Direct

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Budysr, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Budysr

Budysr Forum Resident Thread Starter

I ordered 3 albums last Thursday from SD(first time I've bought from them) and went with the free shipping via media mail. I figured I would still get tracking info, or notification of items shipped but its now Monday night and still nothing. Does this co. usually take days to ship out stuff that is in stock? I'm not used to orders taking this long to ship out. Or do they just send you the albums without tracking and you get em when you get em?

JeffR714 likes this.
  2. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

You should get a notification when it ships + tracking information. I've bought from them a few times.

Check the estimated shipping time on the item(s) - is it 24 to 48 hours, 3 to 5 business days or possibly longer? I ordered an LP once that was 11-15 business days and it really took 15 business days to ship, they weren't kidding around. :eek:

If you're concerned shoot them an email as well - on that one order I emailed them a few days before it shippped out and they responded back fairly quickly, as I recall.

Heckto35, Coricama and JeffR714 like this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

PM Seth, he's a member here.

4. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Are you sure the items are all in stock? They won't ship your order until all items are actually "in stock". I order from them a lot; excellent service.

6DeadWax5 and clgoss77 like this.
  5. Budysr

I rechecked and one of the three I ordered said "ships in 2to4 biz days... So I guess that could be the holdup. At least I know now to look for a shipping email Thanks for the replies guys

Coricama likes this.
  6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh, sometimes it takes a few days for them to get stock in A++++ service , a great place to buy vinyl .

Heckto35 likes this.
  7. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

You don't get tracking with media mail, but you should get a notice from them when they ship.

8. LePompDior

LePompDior Forum Resident

Sometimes they can be a bit slow with processing, but that's my go-to for online vinyl.

ggergm likes this.
  9. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

It typically depends on the shipping time listed for each item. It may take them a bit longer to ship but they are the best all around online vinyl retailer in my humble opinion.

Heckto35 likes this.
  10. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

Please call and ask for Anna or myself 1-877-929-8729 or email [email protected] or seth@, We are here to help you,

Thanks,

Seth

Vinyl Addict, RobCos02330 and bferr1 like this.
  11. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Good store. :agree:

If something has been delayed, they always have responded the same day I send them an email.

One thing I've discovered is that if you order something online, you can track it through your online account, but it doesn't show up there if you order over the phone.

12. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

My favorite online record seller. On a few occasions it has taken a few days to get the records out & on their way, but that's not an issue with me at all.

Heckto35 likes this.
  13. GEK

GEK Still Rockin

Super Service Super Packaging

RobCos02330 likes this.
  14. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

I recently ordered 2 LP's and a turntable mat from them. Awaiting shipping notice.
    Great communication. Stellar customer service.

15. glide

glide Forum Resident

They are THE best place to buy from online. Free shipping, everything is well-packed, and their 11% discount beats out everyone else if only by a point!

Heckto35 and dconsmack like this.
  16. Myke

I didn't know the SH discount had been increased.

17. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

oh my, I'd never heard of this operation before, but visited the website a few minutes ago - this is just what I need on top of my addiction to ebay's music listings; well, that and a second job...thanks for the heads up/katie

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/

18. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

I never knew there was a SH Discount when I placed my order.

19. Myke

Newbies are funny. :laugh:

20. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

SH discount is 11% now

21. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

....when I mentioned "a bit longer", let me emphasize that it's only a bit longer if the lp is not in stock. Their website states clearly expected times on each lp (In stock immediately, 2-4 days, etc.). It's never an issue with me because the packaging and customer service are A++!

As stated above, the biggest selling points are also the Free Shipping on $29.99 orders and above and 11% discount.

In stating the above, I'm not saying anything bad about the other online retailers because I have had good service with all of them too but SSD is just a step above the rest.

22. Budysr

it wasn't last week when I placed an order. I think it was 5 or 6 %. just my luck:rolleyes:

23. Myke

Who crashed the site ? :realmad:

24. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I think you can contact them and get a VIP Club Card and it gives you the 11% discount basically anytime on most items. Also, they run so many sales at 10 & 11% off it's not a big deal but it is handy for those sporadic orders...the one's that get you in trouble. I've ordered a bit of vinyl lately and trying to calm down a bit. They still get 90% of my business.

25. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Don't forget to put in the comments section that you want them to open your record if you don't want seam splits, particularly on 2LP sets I find.
    Also I've always gotten delivery confirmation when choosing free shipping by media mail, they throw it in for free every time.
    They're the first place I go to when I shop.

Aftermath likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.