Michael Nesmith 2013 Fall Tour!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

Michael Nesmith will be doing a 2013 Fall tour. Here are dates and information on the tour:

Nez US Fall 2013 Tour

The Fall 2013 tour is starting to come together with the following confirmed dates offering a rare opportunity to hear Nez perform live!

"The songs I'll play are a touch chronological and a touch thematic. I picked my favorites to play, the ones I have come to love over the years, and the ones that are most requested by fans of my solo work," describes Nez.

Here is a list of dates and venues. We will have links available for purchasing tickets shortly. Although we have no tickets available here at Videoranch, we're happy to answer any questions you might have. We expect a few more dates to be added to this schedule in the coming week and we will inform you when they have been confirmed.

Please check out our tour information page at Videoranch.com for the most up-to-date information.

DATE
    TOWN
    VENUE AND LINK TO PURCHASE TICKETS
    27-Oct Phoenix, AZ MIM Music Theater
    30-Oct Dallas, TX The Kessler Theater
    01-Nov Birmingham, AL WorkPlay Theatre
    02-Nov Atlanta, GA Variety Playhouse
    04-Nov Vienna (Washington D.C.) The Barns at Wolf Trap
    05-Nov Annapolis, MD Rams Head On Stage
    07-Nov Bay Shore, NY YMCA Boulton Center for the Performing Arts
    08-Nov Phoenixville, PA The Colonial Theatre
    10-Nov Shirley, MA The Bull Run Concert Series
    11-Nov Fall River, MA Narrow Center for the Arts
    12-Nov Englewood, NJ Bergen Performing Arts Center
    14-Nov Elyria (Cleveland), OH Stocker Arts Center
    15-Nov Chicago, IL City Winery
    17-Nov Franklin, TN The Franklin Theatre
    18-Nov Franklin, TN The Franklin Theatre

We thought you also might enjoy reading some of the recent articles and interviews with Nez.

Examiner.com
    Digital Journal
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Goldmine
    LA Weekly

Hope to see you at one of the shows!

Best,
    Videoranch Foreman

2. Bradfinger

Bradfinger Forum Resident

Awesome! I will try for tickets at Birmingham Alabama and Franklin, TN. Saw him in Franklin back in March of this year as well as with the Monkees in Nashville in July. My wife is gonna kill me!

3. Mr Hankey

Mr Hankey If you eat fiber on Xmas Eve...

The Kessler in Dallas is one of my favorite venues. Maybe 150 can fit in the place. It's going to be great!

4. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Thank you for posting this Mr. V. :righton:

5. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

I wonder if the setlist will be the same as the spring tour. The use of the same "the songs I'll play" lines suggests as much.

Hoping to catch at least one of the MA shows.

6. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Wow, the Phoenixville show is in one of my favorite venues very close to my house. I will be there!!!

7. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Wow. I wouldn't have believed it if you had told me a couple of years ago that I'd see Nesmith perform on three separate occasions within one year.

Saw the Monkees show in New Brunswick last November and the great Nez show at Somerville Theater in April.

Have never seen a show at the Bull Run in Shirley, but looks like I will! :righton:

8. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

The funny thing is, I may have been one of the first persons to learn about the Nez Fall tour. I have the Live Nation app on my iPhone and I get an alert buzz while I'm at work and I look on my iPhone screen and it says Nez at Bergen PAC! I check to see the message Live Nation sent me with the date and ticket info. I favorited the post just in case I get a presale alert.

I've gotten some really good tickets through the Live Nation and Ticket Master apps, so I do recommend you download them into your smartphone for future ticket purchases. :)

JoeRockhead likes this.
  9. Mr Hankey

Ok, I just bought a VIP table up front for Nesmith in Dallas. Now I just need to find 3 more folks to come along!! Ha!

Seriously...my wife is going to kill me....

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  10. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

So no meet and greet this time where tickets go on sale at four in the morning?

Antifrodis likes this.
  11. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Yeah, I mentioned the VIP seats to my wife and she nearly fell over when I told her the price. Needless to say, we went with the balcony seats.

My wife would have beaten me severely if I had bought the VIP seats.

12. houston

houston Forum Resident

looks like all of us locals who saw the Monkees in Grand Prairie, are looking to go to this show! I might have passed on it, but the Kessler makes it a must-see... I have not been there yet, so..... is there a material difference in the general admission standing vs. seating? I don't mind standing at all, so if the GA seats aren't considerably better, I can stay on my feet the whole time.

I don't want to spend any more, I don't want my wife beating or killing me :)

13. bubba-ho-tep

Oh wow. I didn't realize that the VIP table was $300 for 4 seats. My wife just had me call and exchange our balcony seats for one VIP table. A guy I work with and his wife will be going with us.

14. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

I'm in Dallas, and I might split a VIP table. That's $75 + fees per person.

15. bubba-ho-tep

80sjunkie, meet Mr. Hankey. Mr. Hankey, meet 80sjunkie.....

16. Mr Hankey

I will let you know. I've sent out invites to a few of my concert buddies.

Seriously, if you haven't yet been to the Kessler, you've missed out on probably my favorite venue in Dallas. Place hold about 150 people. I've seen The Zombies there, which has turned out to have been the best show I've seen this year. For that show I sat in the balcony.

For balcony, you sit in these big stuffed chairs right against the rails which circle above the floor below. Since those chairs are not reserved, its a first come first served situation where if you don't get a big stuffy chair, you sit in in one of 3 or so rows of chairs at the end of the balcony facing the stage. The SRO crowd stands behind the chairs. We got there late, but managed to snag 2 chairs in the corner of the balcony. Great seats.

For the floor, it's the 4 VIP tables up front which are reserved with your name on them. They're round little tables with 4 chairs right up against the stage. For the Zombies, Colin & Rod were talking to them all night.

I sat in the $15 floor seats to go see James McCartney & what you get is a chance to grab a folding chair in one of 5 or 6 rows on the floor. SRO people are against the sides along with a few high bar tables that seem to be first-come-first serve. It was ok, but I envied the folks who walked in right before show-time to grab their VIP up front.

The boxes in the back are on either side of the mixing board. They are raised up so they can see above the crowd in front of them. Those are the only other reserved sections.

80sjunkie likes this.
  17. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Got my tickets for the Bull Run at a table right at center stage! Will take my wife who had to work the night of the Somerville show.

18. Mr Hankey

Get a seat.

19. BadJack

I just checked their site and they weren't on sale. Are you a member there or something?

I did get tickets for Fall River.

20. supermolland

supermolland Senior Member

Call the venue. The tickets are not availible until 8/20 on the website but if you call them you can get them now.

BadJack likes this.
  21. BadJack

Thank you!

22. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

What he said.

Table layout is the same for all shows so you can call up another show to see the seat map.

BadJack likes this.
  23. BadJack

Got 'em. Thanks, guys.

RJ3000 likes this.
  24. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Nice!

FWIW, I'm usually not one for "dinner theater" but read very good reviews for the restaurant part of the venue, so think we will dine beforehand.

25. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

Looks like the B'ham show will make a great birthday present for the wife. Although I will enjoy it, and she will patiently count down the time for the show to be over like she does at most concerts. Although she did enjoy Robert Earl Keen, towards the very end of the show when they slowed it down a bit.

beatlematt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.