Black Sabbath 2013 Tour Attendance

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Clanceman, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Wondering how many people here have attended any of the 2013 Black Sabbath shows?
    What I'd like to know is how well these shows have been attended? Are the venues full? Are there any attendance numbers reported somewhere?

I purchased my tickets for The Gorge Amphitheater, in George, Wa., several months ago. The show is in two days (8/24/13). I purchased "Pit" tickets, that seemed to sell out right away. This last week, ads for the show are everywhere locally, including Sirius radio. I clicked on one of the ads, and went through the ticket buying process. I was able to buy tickets in every section; 10 rows from the stage, in the Pit, general admission.....everything seems open.

This is a very popular venue, the ticket prices aren't that far out of line, and it's Sabbath, maybe for the last time. I don't get it. I haven't read anywhere that ticket sales have been a problem. Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

2. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone go to a Sabbath show this tour? Just thought I'd try before the thread gets buried forever. :)

3. audiotom

audiotom I can not hear a single sound as you scream

was considering taking my Italian niece, boyfriend and nephew to the Chicago show
    two days before you could buy 4 seats across 8th row

they thought that was lame and went to Detroit for some metal fest

perhaps the reality show overexposure has somehow softened the prince of darkness image

poor Tommi and company

4. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Was at the show in Chicago last Friday. The venue was completely full, lawn too. Haven't seen the official numbers though. Not sure how the tour in general has been doing though.

Clanceman likes this.
  5. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel NJ was completely packed. It was completely sold out.

Clanceman likes this.
  6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I noticed today that pit tickets were still available for the Gorge show this weekend. Almost tempted to get one and go.

Clanceman likes this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

F-it. The spouse is out of town this weekend. I'm going.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  8. botley

botley Forum Resident

Went to the Air Canada Centre gig in Toronto last week, very enjoyable show and no seats available that I could see.

Clanceman likes this.
  9. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

Went to the show in Detroit on the 6th, packed house too (lawn and pavilion). Strangely enough, good seats were available a few days prior. Have fun, I did. :thumbsup:

Clanceman, ArpMoog and Classicolin like this.
  10. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

I saw them here in Austin and the show seemed to be well attended. However, I thought it odd that they booked the Erwin Center in Austin instead of a larger venue in San Antonio which has always been a big metal town.

Clanceman likes this.
  11. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Vancouver tonight. Only thing left are a couple corner lower bowls at $150 and corners in the balcony for $76.

Clanceman likes this.
  12. DreadPikathulhu

The Gorge is way out in the middle of nowhere and is a 2+hours drive from Seattle in the best of conditions. It's a beautiful place for a show, but I can't help but think they would have sold better if they played Seattle Center or another local venue.

13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Gorge and Vancouver are the only Northwest shows.

The economics of having it at the Gorge FAR outweigh the old Key Arena. Tacoma Dome has bad sight lines and sound.

Clanceman likes this.
  14. DreadPikathulhu

My biggest problem with the Gorge is that it isn't convenient to anything, and requires either a hotel in Ellensberg or a 3AM arrival home after the show.

That said, it is probably the nicest place in the state to go to a show. Just make sure you are plenty sober when the show is over.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  15. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

...Because it might be 94 degrees.

16. Classicolin

Classicolin ‘60s/‘70s Rock Fanatic/Crown Kingdom Guitarist

Yeah Detroit was packed. Sold Out, so it seemed. Awesome show (sans the unbelievably dumb Andrew W.K. bull-s#%t). I'll remember it for the rest of my life :love:

17. DreadPikathulhu

I'm not looking forward to this Andrew WK D.J. BS. Why can't he play a set like anyone else... his music isn't bad.

18. DreadPikathulhu

I've been to plenty of shows at the Gorge where they hose down the audience due to the heat.

Clanceman likes this.
  19. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

It's not a big deal really. He stands on a big podium and spins sped up metal songs for 45 minutes. I would have preferred a live set as well but it didn't interfere with the show any more than your typical pre-concert music does.

20. Efus

Efus Senior Member

And I can also tell you it was sold out via Ticketmaster for awhile, at least 3 months or so.
    I'd check back every once in awhile, and everyday for a week before the show, and nothing.

21. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Toronto last week was almost completely sold out. There were a few stray tickets at the box office I believe.
    It was full inside and LOUD; the crowd went crazy!

Excellent show with Ozzy in fine form vocally!

22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

seems some Markets are full sell-outs & others have decent sales but not sold out from what i have been reading ...... I was Told mansfield ma. shut off the lawn for that show so they probably did 10,000 out of the 20,000 tix ......
    Mohegan sun in ct. did really well as it only holds 7,000
    I stayed home for both shows , just could not see spending $160 for any show & with Ozzy not singing that well at 80% of the shows , just was not interested ...

23. Phila Wells Fargo 16,800 capacity
    but stage set up renders one side not useable
    very wholesome show,
    a far far cry from the 70s/80s
    estimated 15000 attendees, roughly 40% female,
    50% old heads and 50% those too young to have been there during
    70s heyday, very wholesome (family with kids) event except for two Sabbath videos for
    Fairy Wears Boots(never thought of the song in a sexual way) and Dirty Women(lotsa Russ Meyer)
    there was some drunkenness, otherwise everything was very orderly, everyone well behaved

Clanceman likes this.
  24. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I saw them at Jiffy Lube in Bristow, Virginia. There were some empty seats but not many. The lawn looked pretty full also. It was very good in my opinion and I find myself watching the live YouTube stuff a good bit.

Clanceman likes this.
  25. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Actually, I thought Ozzy was pretty good the night we saw him. I was not disappointed at all and most of the reviews I have seen have been fairly positive. There has been a thread on the tour. Again pretty positive from those who have seen it.

Davidmk5 and Clanceman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.