The PC Matic commercial with the blonde girl in the flower shop

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dead of night, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member Thread Starter

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this commercial. It's for "PC Matic," and features a beautiful blonde in a flower shop. I have noticed something strange about this ad.

From my research, the actress's name was Kelly Gaita, but pictures of Kelly don't seem to match the girl in the ad. Her acting was adorably bad. She was overacting so much, it was funny and cute. The strange part is, they seemed to have redone the commercial. Now the blonde is much more subtle, her acting is improved, as if she's had some coaching. Has anyone noticed this? I have searched for information, but apparently there is little interest about a low budget commercial for "PC Matic."

The script for the commercial is exactly the same. Unless you are paying close attention, you would never notice the difference. Someone must have insisted they reshoot. Has this ever been done before? Has a commercial ever been so badly actied that after it's aired, they go back and do it again with better acting?

2. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

I don't think anyone insisted they re-shoot it. There was another version even before this one with a father and daughter at home also with the exact same dialogue. These commercials are deliberately done in an amateur cheap budget style.

kevintomb likes this.
  3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yep, more often than you might think.

4. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

This version just aired again yesterday.

5. dead of night

So, does anyone else notice the slight difference between the first and second "flower shop" commercial? Are there two separate versions? Have I imagined this? Could this be the beginnings of paranoid schizophrenia?

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Here ya go...

7. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

Let me guess...; that was the "bad" version...?

8. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

I think it is not BAD per se, but very intentional. I think the target audience is why it is done this way intentionally.

They are targeting older people, and people that are not very computer literate, to try something online and they are doing it VERY slow and explaining every step to make it appeal to older people and people that are not well versed in computers. '

Kinda like that airplane commercial about the Cell phone that is great for older people. They spell every detail out and very slowly and surely..

9. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Has anyone actually used this download, and is it good?

Is it actually free?

10. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

kevin, I'm an old fossil but don't need everything explained to me slowly......

11. dead of night

No, that is the "good" version. The first version was so bad, it was adorably good. I used to watch, fascinated, every time it came on.

If someone could find the "original," you will not believe it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Worse than that one? I need to see it!!

13. dead of night

Well, it was so bad, they did the commercial all over again. The first one will go down as one of the legendary commericials of all time.

14. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I wish we had one floating around the net.

15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That doesn't explain why the acting is so terrible. Actually, the guy isn't bad, but the woman is pretty awful.

Sometimes I think bad acting in radio/TV commercials is intentional, though. I mean, with all the people out there who want to act, is this really the best performer they could find?

16. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Guys it is obviously intentional. To appeal to older watchers. Ive seen dozens of commercials where they talk like that about life insurance, and stuff that might be more towards older people.

She is stressing everything and saying it slowly (( although it is comical sorta )) on purpose.

I think it would be very easy for the director to tell her to change her delivery.

17. dead of night

I want to stress that everyone is now commenting on the "improved" version of this commercial. The acting is still not good, but it deserves an Academy Award compared to the first one. In the first version, the actress overacts so much, and her facial expressions are so exaggerrated, they are a marvel. I think the actress wanted to try again without salary to save her reputation.

The first one was so bad, there are now spoofs of it on YouTube.

18. Kitlope

Kitlope Forum Resident

I'm sure it's not free. The download of course is free, but break out the credit card upon finishing the install.

And yeah, we need a link to the "bad" version. :)

Can you tell I just watched this commercial bumping a 3 month old thread??

19. wyndorf

wyndorf New Member

sadie calvano is the flowershop hotties name.

20. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

How many time do they say PC Matic?

agaraffa likes this.
  21. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

So that was the redone, better version? Now I'd really like to see its predecessor.

Kevin, why do you think they're saying things very slowly? They packed a lot into that minute and a half or so.

22. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

They redo all of these constantly. How many different girls have they had singing the Education Connection song at this point.

They redo them constantly same exact commercial just different people in them.

Same thing with Finally Fast, same kid similar outfit, same look, same dialog....

23. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I didn't quite catch what this commercial was for. Some kind of automatic PC?

24. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

Bass-O-Matic

Thurenity likes this.
  25. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

That's the first thing that struck me about these commercials, in this one they said PC Matic 16 times!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.