‘Star Wars VII’ Will Have Major Change to Opening: No Fox Fanfare

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

bru87tr and dhoffa85 like this.
  2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

It's okay with me. Maybe they'll put it at the end. Maybe it won't be used at all. Won't make or break the movie in the least.

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It won't be used at all because Fox isn't involved in the film - it's a Disney project...

jdrueke likes this.
  4. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

bad omen

jimhb likes this.
  5. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

Seeing the Cinderella castle before STAR WARS? Surely, it's a small quip in the grand scheme of things; but the thought does make me cringe a little.

agaraffa, Jrr, SoCalWJS and 3 others like this.
  6. Classicolin

Classicolin ‘60s/‘70s Rock Fanatic/Crown Kingdom Guitarist

They should try to secure the rights to use the music at least. Too iconic.

Claudio Dirani likes this.
  7. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Agreed. Stupid.

Classicolin likes this.
  8. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Oh great we will now see Tinker bell flying over Cinderella castle.

Thurenity likes this.
  9. Burnt

Burnt Well-Known Member

I'm still scared about the look and feel of the new movies now that Disney has control over them. I wonder if Jar-Jar will show up or maybe something worse that I can't even imagine.

JimC likes this.
  10. El Bacho

El Bacho Forum Resident

Methinks that John Williams may be able to write an effective replacement piece.

11. lowellmorris

lowellmorris Forum Resident

None of the Marvel movies have the castle in the beginning, I highly doubt the new Star Wars will.

jdrueke and blind_melon1 like this.
  12. Claudio Dirani

Not sure. The fanfare is one of the most spine-shivering moments of all time. It's an icon. I guess it's a hard act to follow.

13. Claudio Dirani

Speaking on Marvel, anyone seen Thor 2? There is a scene on it that quite takes us back to the Death Star battle.

14. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

The James Bond 007 films are none the worse for upgrading and/or eliminating the iconic opening gun barrel shot.
    Also, I think the Star Wars franchise has already been ruined beyond repair by Episodes 1-3.

Simon A, jdrueke, artfromtex and 6 others like this.
  15. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

I have a bad feeling about this.

16. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Maybe they will find a way to weave the "New Trek" (star trek) characters into the story. At least Spock....:sigh:

17. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I think the fanfare opening was my favorite part of The Phantom Menace. It was all downhill from there.

18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm confused - do you guys think that Disney should use the logo of a different studio?

19. APH

APH Forum Resident

Just about any 20th century Fox film I see seems disappointing. The only thing that should ever follow that fanfare is the giant yellow Star Wars logo, floating off into space. It gets a pavolvian response from me every time...

20. mesaboogie

mesaboogie Forum Resident

So the actual Star Wars theme song and opening is still there? Seems like a non issue. I bet people still cheer and completely forget when the intro hits.

I had to watch it to hear what it sounded like. I never really considered that part of the movie. It's funny though of all the things that have ruined the movies from new graphics and bad character design and now Disney doing whatever they want....this is the least of a Star Wars fans troubles. Good luck watching the actual movie if this is of concern.

Johnny66 likes this.
  21. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

this

scobb, e.s. and nbakid2000 like this.
  22. El Bacho

El Bacho Forum Resident

It would be an issue if they were replacing the fanfare when the rights to episodes 1-6 (minus 4) revert to Disney around 2020. I know that Warner keeps the MGM logo on their home video editions, and that Universal keeps the Paramount opening for the titles from the Hitchcock catalog (distinct from the EMKA buyout of the pre-1948 Paramount library).

But this is a different trilogy, handled by different guys for another studio. John Williams may be around for episode 7, but he's 81 and will completely pass the torch to somebody else for the next films.
    It strikes me as strange but not very unexpected that so many people want all their "iconic" elements from Star Wars back, as if the film was supposed to be some kind of list of compulsory elements. Guess what, they were in the prelogy, but they failed to make the films special, just as a lot of James Bond films for decades had the "shaken, not stirred" line but didn't make a great impression on their own.
    Let the guys focus on making a great movie that can stand alone and revive interest for the series, like Skyfall did for the Bond franchise, and be a starting point for new episodes, rather than pleasing childhood memories from middle-aged men who want to seen another Star Wars film, but one that will suck less than any of the prequels.

23. csampson

csampson Forum Resident

Well hopefully they will keep the THX sound intro if Disney bought that also and is used in the film.

24. petem1966

petem1966 Forum Resident

Much like the recent 'controversy' around these parts regarding the cover of a certain book....:)

25. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

That was one of the first things that occurred to me when I heard about the Disney deal. It definitely won't be the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.