New Line Magnetic 508ia Integrated Amp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by GoldprintAudio, May 20, 2016.

1. IanL

IanL Senior Member

When I saw your photo I thought Yikes! Those 845 tubes get so hot! I now usually use the tube cage on mine after discovering one of my cats had curly whiskers on one side of his face from brushing up against one of those tubes :laugh:

SandAndGlass likes this.
  2. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

My kids both know better then to mess with the stereo, and the cats hid under the bed when the tunes are cranked.

3. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

They are hiding because you are probably making them deaf and causing them intense pain. Dogs and Cats hearing is amplified 2-3X that of human beings so imagine the damage you are causing them by "Cranking" up the music. Ignorance is Bliss

4. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

Cat is under the bed, no problem. Cat leaves the room, no problem. Cat or stereo? Easy choice. Cat is not chained in front of speaker, being forced to listen to Barry Manilow.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  5. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

In my 40+ years as a dog and cat owner, I never knew that cats and dogs had more sensitive hearing then humans.;) The volume rarely goes pass the ten o'clock position, as I have the hearing of two small boys to worry about as well. Here's a picture of Yoda and Skittles, so everyone sees that no cats, dogs, or humans are harmed when I play my music. Please take PETA off speed dial.

[​IMG]

6. It's D Tubz

It's D Tubz New Member

I'm getting excited knowing that the 508IA will be in my possession within two weeks, hopefully. Do you have any recommendations on which 6SL7 tube to get? I have some good NOS 6SN7s to try after the unit has fully broken-in, which may take 2 months. Also, I'd like some recommendations on 300b tubes as well and may consider trying other 805 tubes at some point way down the road...

Thanks again,
    IDT :D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  7. martinb4

martinb4 Forum Resident

FWIW, I found the stock tubes on my LM-211IA to be excellent.
    I Tried three types of NOS for the 12au7 (RCA Cleartops, CEI, and Sylvania Grey plates) and two types of NOS 12ax7 (Amperex Bugle Boys and Heath Mullards) also I tried a pair of new production Genalex 12ax7. I have not tried NOS power tubes yet.
    Of all 6, the only ones the were a clear improvement were the Mullards. And at $200 a pair, how worth it they are is up to the buyer. Tubes seem to take a long time to burn in (40-50 hours on the Mullards) and for me sometimes it's hard not to have a bias. I really wanted them all to work out, so after 50 hours are they better or am I convincing myself? Plus different tubes do different things for different types of music so it's all very subjective/confusing.
    So, all in all, I can almost guarantee you'll be really happy with the stock ones if you give them a try.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  8. It's D Tubz

It's D Tubz New Member

Not going change anything soon! I'm missing that classic tube sound and this will be my first SET and will give it time to burn-in and to get use to its sound signature before any tube swopping...

IDTs

9. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just got in another 508 demo unit, and it appears the fuse is a 10A.

10. It's D Tubz

It's D Tubz New Member

Slow-Blow Correct! Excellent news since I have two use and it makes a Big difference!

IDTs

11. GoldprintAudio

Still really enjoying the new 508.....it's just a fantastic sounding unit.

I've been playing it with my DeVore Gibbon 88 demos, and the combo is pretty amazing.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

thanks very much is it a 20mm size?

13. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

btw i just got some information about the fuse from my friend who emailed line magnetic, he said it's 8Aand 5x20mm size
    just to make sure i will sent email to line magnetic

14. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

I wish I could do a home demo of this amp vs. my 518.

15. GoldprintAudio

The US models are marked as 10A.

16. It's D Tubz

It's D Tubz New Member

Received my LM508 on Monday and the IEC is labeled 10T and a 10A is what's included with 2 extra 5x20. After a few hours on the stock fuse, I switched to one of my SR Black fuse and what a difference in floor noise, resolution, imaging and soundstage width/depth...

IDTs

17. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

is this the ones you mean
    [​IMG]

that's very expensive fuse ,
    i tried this infinty power 3 in my cayin amp it's better then hifi tuning supreme black

[​IMG]
    , but i think i will try the quantum black fuse also

18. It's D Tubz

It's D Tubz New Member

Those are the ones, Synergistic Research black fuses. Also, Audio Horizon fuses are very good as well, they bettered the SR fuses in my Vac tube amp and since I have them on hand also, I'll compare the SR and AH to see which one compliments my system bests...

The SR was better in my solid-state amp.

19. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

btw
    james from line magnetic answer my question today

"Regarding LM-508IA we are using T8A slow blow fuse in the size of 5*20. If you are replacing with hifituning superme fuse of course it will improve the sound too."
    Best regards,
    James"

is it maybe iam asking the 220 volt version , maybe the fuse in 110volt version is 10a
    i dont know .
    for safe bet i think i will wait my amp arrived first then buying fuse

20. GoldprintAudio

Very possible that the fuses are different for 110 versus 220.

21. GoldprintAudio

For those that had asked about the limited edition 126ia integrated earlier in the thread, they are now in the States. I'll have my 2 arriving by the end of this week (hopefully). There are only 3 total units to make it to the US![​IMG]

SandAndGlass and IanL like this.
  22. Erocka2000

Very cool. What were the specs/price on that?

GoldprintAudio likes this.
  23. GoldprintAudio

15 watts per channel, running 4 KT66 tubes. Class A. Auto biasing as well.

$4995

Pretty excited to get these in. Can't wait to hear one.

SandAndGlass and bajaed like this.
  24. Erocka2000

Very cool. Are they single-ended or push-pull?

25. GoldprintAudio