Lounge MKIII Preamp, where to buy????

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Chester0711, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chester0711

Chester0711 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Okay, so I have been doing some research on this preamp and there are quite a few glowing reviews of this thing. Question however, Where do you but it or who sells it? Is this stocked in stores?

I have seen one on ebay and then the Lounge website.....are those my options? Would lovce to "try it" before I buy but probably not in cards here....

matching with a Yamaha amp and LP120 TT (this will be upgraded soon) and Elac B6 debut speakers

2. JakeMcD

JakeMcD Forum Resident

3. Helom

Helom Forum member

I believe they offer a short trial period, but it involves a restocking fee.

Which Yamaha amp?

4. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

You are making a good choice... get 'em while they are still $300 bucks.

I have tried / own Mani's, Cambridge 640/651, Vincent Pho 8, Radial, Bugle, and a few others in the sub-$500 category and IMHO the Lounge trumps them all. YMMV of course.

A couple in the $500 price point that gives it a run is the iFi Iphono 2, and a lot of people like the Budgie... but tubes are not for everyone on the Budgie. I have not tried either.

dbsea and AmericanHIFI like this.
  5. Chester0711

Chester0711 Forum Resident Thread Starter

curious how does it do against a Rega Fono? About same? Anybody compared the two?

Reason I ask is I am considering a Rega for next TT or possibly a VPI but not 100% yet....wondering which will play better....

6. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Yep order it straight from the source. You will get mostly biased opinions on the Lounge as many of us here own them and love them. Made a dramatic improvement in my setup.

TheVinylAddict and IanL like this.
  7. irender

irender Forum Resident

I couldn't be happier with mine. A perfect match for my Yamaha A-S801.

Bananas&blow likes this.
  8. TheVinylAddict

Are we biased, or just stating the facts? :cool: (as we see them of course... wait, maybe that's bias!)

The fact so many here owns them actually says a lot. Plus how can you not support a throw back to the days of great products coming out of the home shop / garage (anyone hear of a company called Apple?).... I have no trouble supporting that sort of entrepreneurial spirit especially when the product is so darned good.

I spoke to Robert (owner of Lounge) before I bought mine, and these were literally designed from the ground up, every step of the way by him. It has a dual mono design with two high quality power supplies. Every unit is hand built, tested, run for a short break in by him, so QC is carefully controlled. There is so much to like about every aspect of what these are. Just the look and feel of the heavy duty, well made case... then if you open it up and look at the care and high quality parts. The blue LED is not for everyone but I think it looks cool. I am a tough customer, and I struggle to find anything I DON'T like about mine, it is one of those purchases I made where I felt like I got my moneys worth relative to it's direct competition in the price point.

Oh, did I mention they sound good too?

EDIT: OP - maybe buy both the Rega and Lounge, and report back on what you find?

morinix and Bananas&blow like this.
  9. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

I just picked one up on eBay for 200 bucks.

DigMyGroove likes this.
  10. irender

irender Forum Resident

Hey elaterium, not to derail the thread, but I see you're in Stone Ridge. I lived in Ellenville.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  11. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

You won’t be disappointed. I took delivery on one today from the source. Initial reaction is very very positive. Very.

It hasn’t even had time to burn in properly.

I’m a believer. This was a significant upgrade to my modest system. I’ve been happily playing records all night. Sticky Fingers was amazing. Beck’s Mutations was scrumtrulescent!

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Another very happy Lounge owner here. Would gladly buy it again. Feel absolutely no inclination to upgrade.

Johnny Wong and bluemooze like this.
  13. TheVinylAddict

It occurs to me we have not heard back from the OP, Chester... what say ye? :)

You already buy the Rega, or still digging and researching?

bluemooze likes this.
  14. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Congratulations. I still remember the first weekend I spent with it. Hooked it up Friday and was amazed. It sounded bright but so revealing. By Sunday the brightness had faded into clarity and I was very happy with my purchase. Feel the same way today.

Johnny Wong, irender and bluemooze like this.
  15. I would love to try the Lounge, but in Europe its far too pricey 500pounds in the Uk. Shame

16. TheVinylAddict

Did you try and contact them direct?

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  17. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

That doesnt sound right. I paid $500 Australian dollars for one including delivery. Cant see it being 500 pounds.

18. TheVinylAddict

I don't understand this either, because there are no dealers in UK... is he talking about Ebay? Is shipping that high?

That surprised me too, but maybe there is something we don't know.... maybe the poster will enlighten us!

19. i did; shipping plus import tax etc brought the price close to 500uk pounds.

I found one retailer, in London i think, i will check, retail price was 500 Pounds

20. It is advertised as 500 pounds at Divine Audio in Desborough, Northamtonshire. I could not find a lower price anywhere. Shame.

21. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I've been happy with mine for 3 years now 24/7. If I dip my toes into some MC I'll grab the copla also.

500Homeruns likes this.
  22. TheVinylAddict

As far as I know, Lounge only sells direct, including through Ebay - so if any firm is advertising they are playing middleman trying to rake in some obscene profit.

Go direct... even with shipping / duty it has to be less than $659 USD - the Lounge sells for $300, I am having trouble seeing any reasonable shipping other than air being $359.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  23. Davey

Davey NP: Vanishing Twin ~ Life Drummer (2024)

Divine is their authorized dealer in Europe, I think it would have to go through them. EU countries pay 20% VAT and there would be import duties and shipping costs, it all adds up, but yes, the dealer needs a cut too.

Lounge Audio LCR MKIII Phono Stage Pre-amplifier

24. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

You will be very happy with it, I'm sure.

I'm using it with Yamaha A-S801/Elac Debut B6, and have been impressed.

Bananas&blow likes this.
  25. TheVinylAddict

Ah, I see... thanks for sharing. Yeah, I would say the dealer is taking a cut. I would think a resourceful person might be able to get it cheaper direct, just sayin', but who knows.... I just can't see $359 shipping and import duties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.