PJ Harvey Live

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cgw, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgw

cgw Forum Resident Thread Starter

Who has seen previous tours?

I just watched PJ Harvey Live – Please Leave Quietly (so hot topic for me)

I am a come-lately to PJ. Just discovered her the last few years.
    I was able to see her last year.

As best I can tell from youtube and the DVD, she does not vary her set too much during a tour, but from tour to tour things vary greatly. Esp. since 2000.

I would love to see full performances for different tours. She ripped my heart out at the beginning of the DVD by saying she does not like live videos and albums.

I think I am glad this previous tour was when I saw her. I am sure the two tours before were still great but…
    The White Chalk tour she was solo?
    The Let England Shake she had a good band but her main instrument was the autoharp? Not in my top 10 rock instruments.

2. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

I saw PJ perform in her hometown (mine too at the time) at the Bridport Arts Center sometime around 2003.
    Fantastic intimate gig. Check out google for pics of the venue to get an idea of the size.

I remember seeing Michael Eavis (founder of the Glastonbury Festival) and Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall (local celebrity TV Chef) in the audience, just to my left.

I also remember needing a pee before the gig and right next door to the toilets was a tiny dressing room where Polly was sat hanging out with her band.
    I probably could've said hello but I decided not to disturb them.

GuyS. likes this.
  3. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

There was a whole show from the LES tour online for a while, and while she did play autoharp she also played a hella cool white guitar for about half the show.

4. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

She is playing in Brazil this month, too bad I can't go

5. cgw

cgw Forum Resident Thread Starter

Fav live clip: (yes the video stinks at the beginning)

6. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

This is great. been a fan of pj since rid of me.. Her style is a bit different now though.

[media]

7. Maddy5

Maddy5 Forum Resident

My favorite tour was the one for Stories by the City, Stories by the Sea.
    I also saw her on the Uh huh her tour and with John Parrish, as well as the current one.
    She doesn't tour the US enough!

8. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

Seen PJ a few times (1995, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2011) and each was memorable.

The show in 2009 was the smallest venue, the Queens Hall in Edinburgh which is an old church, on the A Woman A Man Walked By tour which was unbelievable. The album really came alive that night.

Always worth it, but not sure she varies her set much anymore.

I also passed her on the street a few years back, but she clearly didn't want to be recognised and i was so surprised I couldn't do anything but walk by anyway!

9. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Saw her right here in Wellington in January. Cracking gig. Band were awesome. Was pretty pleased she did 50ft Queenie on the night. Go ...you'll love it

scarfaceclaw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.