Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Greg1954

Greg1954 New Member

I wouldn't forget Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake either.:)

Barber.jpg

The MEZ likes this.
  2. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

The days of Mid-South, WCW and WWF in the 70's/80's were magic - announcers and wrestlers. You knew it was fake, but they sold it so well. GREAT entertainment.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

probably...sorry, due to reasons beyond my control I can say no more...do not want to give DaveD, Cola, and the rest of those pityful loser morons any clues...:winkgrin:

4. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

Who's hotter? WWE Divas or TNA Knockouts?

5. Robert Campion

Robert Campion New Member

Torrie Wilson. Early WCW. Pre-implants.

6. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Not since The Blond Bomber, Ray Stevens was on TV.

7. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident Thread Starter

TNA Knockouts get my vote, although both have really hot and really not hot chicks. Winter in TNA has been looking better and better lately, and Velvet Skye is probably my favorite overall.

Anyhow, RAW this week kind of sucked. The only things I enjoyed: Alberto Del Rio and R. Truth. Oh, and The Miz reacting to R. Truth. :D

8. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Divas
    Examples: Natie Niedhart & Kelly Kelly

Attached Files:

• 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      32.2 KB
      Views:
    • 09.jpg
      09.jpg
      File size:
      22 KB
      Views:
  9. JRB

JRB Forum Resident

No contest

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Come on dudes, this is just eye candy. That they are forced to do rudimentary matches is still only one step up from GLOW. This is not to knock those with skill or the gift of size(Trish, Lita, Kong, Chyna, Micki, etc), I mean I LOVE Stacey Keebler, but forcing her to wrestle was just stupid and a waste of my time.
    The case of Lacey Von Erich comes up. Lacey is the daughter of Texas icon and former World and Intercontinental champion Kerry Von Erich(Adkisson). (Kerry commited suicide in 93 when she was 6)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Von_Erich
    She is green as grass and has only her name to trade on. She should never have been brought in to TNA. A huge mistake on TNA for a poor decision in hiring her(she could NOT work), and on her for taking a gig she wasn't ready for.
    I loved her dad, and named my younger son after him. Son has a picture of Kerry hand signed to Kerry from Kerry Von Erich. So he knew some kid in Detroit was named for him.

Anyways models and dancers don't necessarily make good wrestlers. And when they get hurt, its bad.

11. JRB

JRB Forum Resident

I thought it was a question of which promotion had hotter chicks, not better women wrestlers. TNA --USED-- to lead the pack in this department, but that all went to hell when the Russo/Hogan/Bischoff team took over. they either fired or chased away most of the good wrestlers and turned the division into the Beautiful People show, who, IMO, are not much better than the WWE "Divas" in the ring and not nearly as good-looking. Luckily they had enough sense to keep Sarita and bring back Tara. I really enjoyed the Tara/Mickie feud a few months ago. Reminded me of some of the old no-nonsense Crockett stuff.

12. Robert Campion

Robert Campion New Member

I recently got a kick out of the women's tag match from the first Survivor Series with the Japanese team! Great match!

13. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

As a kid yes. I innocently dressed up one Halloween as Koko B. Ware because I loved the guy. Let me tell you, kids will laugh at you if you prance around in yellow tights and a feather boa flapping your arms like a bird...LOL

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That is awesome! I always liked Koko. That reminds me of my favorite Bobby heenan joke:

Bobby: You know what his (Koko's) mother's name is, right?

Gorrila: No, what?

Bobby: Tupper.

15. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

I loved Bobby the brain! :laugh:

Speaking of wrestlers I grew up idolizing as a kid, I used to love the Ultimate Warrior. I thought he was the coolest guy in the world. I remember rifts in school between Warrior fans and Hulk Hogan fans when they fought at Wrestlemania. Now that I'm an adult, and I can look back at it, and it's pretty clear that the Ultimate Warrior character was insane.

This video puts it into perspective - http://youtu.be/laiZgrIpbcA

16. 905

905 Senior Member

Jumping Bomb Angels were great.

17. sirmikael

Same thing here - I thought he was the man, but now that I'm older and watch some of his matches...he really didn't have much in-ring talent. It still gets me fired up to see him ring entrances, though! :)

TNA PPV tonight, with the return of Chyna. I thought about ordering it, but I still have to pay for Wrestlemania.

18. sirmikael

RIP Randy Savage.

The MEZ likes this.
  19. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

RIP Macho Man.

Hey, I have an idea, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to set it up. We should have a wrestling "battle royale" poll where we list lots of wrestlers and then vote off weak links, see who's the last guy standing. What do you think?

The MEZ likes this.
  20. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

Gorilla: (*in an exasperated tone*) WILL YOU STOP?????

21. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

OK, I am bumping this thread to ask this question.

Has anyone read this book and would they recommend it? I am looking for a serious, non-"mark" history of the business.

22. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

I haven't read that but I HAVE read 'Sex, Lies and Headlocks' which was more or less the story of Vince McMahon and his father built the empire that exists today...and all the concurrent nastiness. :D

23. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I again advise finding the DVD the Unreal Story Of Pro Wrestling.

24. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

Which I have in my Netflix queue.

I will look for that Vince bio too - I have heard great things about that book as well.

I was a huge fan of wrestling when I was younger. Growing up in Atllantic Canada, I remember watching Grand Prix Wrestling, the local indie promotion which (in the days before Vince and the WWF, Grand Prix would import talent like Randy Savage, Rick Martel, RIc Flair). With the rise of the McMahon empire, I followed the soap opera that was the WWF. I also watched AWA, Grand Prix, Stampede Wrestling and what would become WCW. Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper were early faves, but I found myself being drawn to the more "scientific" (as the marks call it) style as well as the more acrobatic and athletic stylings of guys like Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat, Owen Hart, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Sting. I never really got into the ECW style that much - to me it always seemed too painful to watch (especially since the need for the rest of the industry to capitalize on their formula). The rise of deaths amoung the talent curbed a lot of the enjoyment I got. Recently, I started watching some of the old matches and shows that I had watched when I was younger in addition to some of the stuff from that era that I had missed. Often derided (and ocassionally deservedly so), the best performers were masters at using athleticism to tell a story.

25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

A couple of pix, A shot of me interviewing Kevin Sullivan, and a shot of 2 of my boys, Zach Gowen and Necro Butcher(Seen in a hardcore match in The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke "I'll live sir")

Attached Files: