New Season of Mr. Robot Starting

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mds, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds

mds Forum Resident Thread Starter

I believe this Wednesday starts the newest season of Mr. Robot. I am hopeful and looking forward to resolving all that has lead up to the crazy ending of last season. I know many people were a bit disappointed with how things turned out at the end of last season and felt that what is left to play out but I believe the show is going to receive a breath of new life and this season will be a thrill ride and well worth the viewing time. Here is looking forward to Wednesday and hopefully a great jump start.

2. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up. Tough to keep up with whats on and when (and where) these days.

3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

That's why having a DVR is a must!!

4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Great. I'll get my Zoloft ready...

EVOLVIST and mds like this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I'm gonna have to check if my 'On-Demand' service has last season up to re-watch...
    I remember that he was in prison..but, forgot what 'phase 2' was gonna be.

6. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I'm hoping Amazon Prime Canada has this show. I don't have access to Showcase TV any longer, but I do have Prime. I know Prime will carry it in the US so I'm hoping that's the same for Canada, which isn't always the case.

I am looking forward to the third series but for anyone hoping to get some closure I wouldn't hold your breath. I heard that they originally hoped this would be a 4-5 season story line so I think we're in for some more meandering episodes :)

7. vince

Still... the '80's sit-com' epsiode was kinda funny.

8. mds

Took me by surprise and was not very related to the mood and feel of the show. More like the writers were having fun and being a bit silly, but how they tied it back in and truly fooled me was pretty clever.

9. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

I liked last season of Mr. Robot,right to the end which left me "wow". I have no idea what the new season can sort out all that happened on season 2 but sure it will be a hell of a ride.

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I suppose I'll watch, but feel really meh about it...

Chrome_Head likes this.
  11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'm trying, but I can't even remember how last season ended. I know he was in prison. And they took over some ladies apartment and then killed her. And an FBI agent saw a bunch of people shooting at a diner. But I can't remember anything that has me looking forward to more or wanting to know what's going to happen. I'm not sure I'll bother with this season.

12. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

You will like this show if you like ___________. Please fill in the blank for me. I'm wondering if the hype is real.

13. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'm not sure I can fill in the blank, but WRT to the hype, I think it was entirely justified for the first season. But not for the second, which kind of went off on boring tangents (IMO).

EVOLVIST, eddiel and jpelg like this.
  14. vince

I'M RIGHT WITH YOU....
    I don't have any of the 'streaming services' that has last season, and it's not on my 'On-Demand'...
    BUT, I'm trying to remember....
    We all THOUGHT that Elliot killed Wellick, but, at the end, Wellick told Elliot to start 'phase 2'. Elliot said no, and Wellick shot him, and that's how it ends.... right?
    Also, in the 'i'm-not-sure-how-it-ended' dept...
    When the female FBI agent shows Elliot's sister that they know everything....did they just leave it at that, or was there further action to that?

15. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Definitely wrt to Season 1. It was an amazing season. I was expecting to feel the same way during Season 2 but didn't. I think if they had planned this as a 2 series story it would've been. But when I read that they hoped they could go to Season 4 or even 5, I figured that was going to result in a change. It's inevitable. I think the viewing figures are down as well.

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think the last scene is of the UPS guy delivering that case of Samsung Note 7 phones address to FSociety and we see the return address is in the same building as E-Corp.

As soon as the UPS guy leaves, we see a closeup of the phones inside, sputtering and start to catch fire. Meanwhile Elliot lies nearby shot.

Lownote30 likes this.
  17. mds

The first Episode of season 3 gets it started roughly but by the end I am sucked back in. I think this is going to be an exciting and fast paced season now that they are dealing more directly with Elliot's split personality. When Christian Slater finally shows up I get the feeling that Episode two is where things will start to take off. Episode 1 just gets you back up to speed, sums up and ties off the loose ends of the previous season. Now things will get interesting, looking forward to next week.

Encuentro likes this.
  18. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The most intriguing part of the season opener was Angela's conversation with Elliot and the suggestion that
    she could make it all go away, she could make it so none of it ever happened, including their parents dying. What was that all about? Are they going into science fiction territory? Very interesting!

Lownote30 and eddiel like this.
  19. Me too. This is one of those shows that started with great promise but ultimately never delivered for me.

20. vince

Whole lotta 'f'-bombs in this one!

21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Season 2 was a slog to get through, made especially worse by a week's delay between eps, so I think I'll wait until all the eps have aired and do a binge watch. Binging helps to keep the various labyrinthine plot elements in sharper focus and better papers over weaker episodes.

22. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

That's how I watched Season 1. I should probably do the same for Season 3. :)

23. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

That's a good idea.

I am thinking that it may be easier to tie the myriad of peculiarities together. What caused Elliot and Angela's parents death? What did Angela find in the files that made her change her mind? Is White Rose's interest in clocks and time indicate that they (Zhang / White Rose) are experimenting with time travel? Is Elliot really paranoid or delusional or was his father's brain (soul?) somehow technically incorporated in his mind? What was that long series of hatches and tunnels that Zhang peered into? Or was that just a device to bring us back to Elliot's eyeball and him waking up from his injury? Is this all in Elliot's mind? I hope not, that would be a giant let down.

mds likes this.
  24. vince

I know these guys are a little 'happy-go-geeky', but, there's some interesting theories on this:

mds likes this.
  25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

This week's episode was incredibly dark and unpleasant to watch.

The story picked up steam as it went along, though.

I sure hope we're not headed for science fiction land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.