T. Rex - Electric Warrior - Kevin Gray AAA Vinyl Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GentleSenator, Oct 26, 2017.

1. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

JP Christian likes this.
  2. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I believe so, check it out!

JP Christian and Echo like this.
  3. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

4. warleywarrior

warleywarrior Forum Resident

I just bought a copy from Barnes and Noble for about £25 inc postage to UK..one Ebayer Stateside Seller has quoted over £30 for postage,which is insane! Last years T.REX Brown album Rocktober edition was available on Amazon UK (I bought one October 8 2016) but Warrior isn’t listed..yet?Looking forward to comparing this to The Pecko Fly which is my go to copy...Good Luck.

JP Christian likes this.
  5. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Did Rhino do a previous reissue of this ?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if Thread Starter

yep. in 2003 and 2014.

back to black did one in 2012 with a second disc of demos, etc. it sounds awful.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  7. ssmith3046

Thanks. I thought they did.

8. tak_a_tak

tak_a_tak Active Member

Dang, thanks so much for this info! I actually had this in hand earlier in the week but did not purchase. Will be getting now for sure.

9. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Listening to the Porky UK Fly now. It’s definitely more open and clear than the US. Still sibilant though. I have a 1A US which memory says is more cloudy.

GentleSenator and cmcintyre like this.
  10. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Upon closer inspection, they state that the color vinyl is limited, but leave room for the reissue to continue in black. It is a word game that Rhino likes to play - limited run of say 6500 in red vinyl - just to release the same title in a different color or with a bonus record. Rhino is not historically in the business to truly limit a release. Also note on Discogs that there is only one Rocktober release (that I have seen so far) that actually mentions the number that it was limited to. While I do not remember the title, it was 6500. I hate to be skeptical; but with Rhino, my skepticism is usually proven correct. I still see last years color vinyl Rocktober releases for sale at original market prices.

11. Steel Woole

Steel Woole Senior Member

Actually, this one isn't limited. It came into existence to replace the previous Rhino vinyl release which, to be fair, had room for improvement.
    The timing of it happened to fall within the time frame of the Rocktober campaign.
    And it is on Black vinyl.

Tommyboy likes this.
  12. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Kevin Gray is reason enough to repurchase this in my book.

13. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Got mine before work yesterday had no time. Looked might nice in the shrink though ! Hopefully Friday I can spin it and I'll probably source another copy.

14. ssmith3046

Exactly!

rednedtugent and Opeth like this.
  15. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Maybe someone could compare this new one with the original UK? Someones name on the credits doesnt always mean the very best.

zongo likes this.
  16. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Well... 2012 twice. 2014, 2017 twice. Is the new one the same master used on the 2012 - supposedly AAA - 7" RSD US box? Why not do one version properly and keep it in print? I bet the new one is still missing the poster. But I'm interested anyway :whistle:

Mazzy likes this.
  17. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I do not have an original UK, but I do have an original US. Although I believe the two have already been compared, I will also compare when I pick my reissue up this weekend. I agree with you about the credits, but Kevin Gray is always a good gamble.

Tommyboy and chacha like this.
  18. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

19. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Nope, still there. I still can't get a direct link to the LP, which is frustrating. But just click on the link, select View All Available Formats & Editions, and select Vinyl LP (1). NOT Vinyl 7" - that one's out of stock.

superstar19 likes this.
  20. Terry

Terry Senior Member

21. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

Try Reckless Records - they do mailorder. I picked mine up at their Chicago Loop location yesterday. They seemed to have plenty of copies.

recstar24 and AlienRendel like this.
  22. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Thanks. Something must have gotten fouled up in my browsing through there. I originally had it up, but then couldn't add it to the cart as the page was then coming up dead.

23. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

At Discogs enough right items to find of that album. Purchased one for (the birthday of) my brother who believes sentimentally enough only in vinyl...

Thanks OP for This thread! :cheers:

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

got mine last night and took it for a spin. fantastic! finally!! I have a US original and that stupid 7" box set from RSD a few years ago (what was I thinking??) now I can get rid of all that crap and keep this one.

I've seen mentioned on this thread by a few members that they are purchasing a second copy of this. am I missing something? is this the collector mentality that I hear so much about? why would you need a second copy of the same album? please, enlighten me.

25. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Either:

Hoping this thing goes out of print and planning to flip it.

Or:

Fearing this thing goes out of print and wanting to have a back up.