What's the last song you played in a Jukebox?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

What's the lsat song you played in a Jukebox?

I'm thinking specifically of Jukeboxes that hold 45s instead of the CD or MP3 ones.

Sadly, it's been so many years since I've seen a Jukebox I can't contribute an answer. :(

2. WalterDigsTunes

WalterDigsTunes Forum Resident

The last jukebox I used was an MP3 one. I paid 2 dollars and queued up ELP's "Tarkus" and "Gates of Delirum" by Yes. I'm pretty sure I ruined a random kid's birthday party that day.

3. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

That's one hell of a good question. Gotta figure a Beatles song, and it was a long, long time ago......

4. PaulKTF

Paying $1 to hear an MP3 file? Ugh...

5. WalterDigsTunes

WalterDigsTunes Forum Resident

That's why I stretched my two dollars for over 42 minutes.

6. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

Wow, I can't remember. I do remember there was a bar I used to go to when I was much younger with a 3 picks for a quarter CD jukebox and I'd always play the entire album of The Sermon by Jimmy Smith.

7. PaulKTF

Oh! So they're two long pieces?

I'm not familiar with either of their catalogs.

Okay, that's pretty damn funny. :) Good one!

8. rxcory

rxcory proud jazz band/marching band parent

The real deal? "Hey Jude" on a mono 45, circa 1988, in an old ice cream parlor that time forgot. Haven't seen a real working 45 rpm juke box since, just the newer CD versions.

9. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

Don't remember the last time I played a "real" jukebox. Probably when I was a kid.
    Many bars around here have the touchtunes jukeboxes. I can play songs from my phone and there's a pretty impressive catalog so I'll play a few tracks every now and then. Last song I played was "Normal Person" from Arcade Fire's latest album.

10. rd1

rd1 Forum Resident

I'm not a really a Journey fan, but I accidentally played "Don't Stop Believing" and then everything went black...

11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Vandenberg - Burning Heart. Killer song from a killer album.

12. IndyLions

IndyLions Forum Resident

Either 1978 or 1979 (probably 1978) - The Clock diner in Battle Creek, MI. They had a 45 based Juke Box with those individual controls at each booth - like the one pictured on the cover of Foreigner's "Records" greatest hits package. I was 12 years old. Got 3 songs for a quarter - and the last song that played was Detroit Rock City from KISS. Epic!

13. darbelob

darbelob Senior Member

Not really responsive, but whenever I think of a jukebox, I remember this. We were on our annual camping trip to the middle of PA (Ole Bull State Park, anyone?) it was the middle of nowhere in a diner in very small town. My father gave me a dime after much begging. My choice: Heroes & Villains. Boy, did that freak everyone out! My parents were trying to crawl under the table! I probBly was the first person to ever play it. A proud moment, waking those folks up!

14. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

"Even In His Youth" by Nirvana (B-side of Teen Spirit), mid 90's.

15. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

I remember it clearly. It was Jesus and Mary Chain "Head On".

16. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

My wife and I were walking the streets of a small antique store laden town last saturday afternoon.
    We walked into one because I spotted an old Sebring juke box booth mount in the window.
    When I went inside the store straight ahead was a big old Sebring box with the nice red and ivory buttons.
    So naturally I pushed a couple of buttons. SHAZAM!
    The thing was actually loaded with rock era 45s.
    One of the songs I played on it was Bad Moon Rising. But it got stuck on that song and kept playing it over and over again ( that song sounds GREAT on a real juke box). The girl working there said "at least it is a song I like" and I said " you won't by the end of the day".
    I stopped in walking back down the street and her husband had showed up and caused it to play the next selection.

So, I played one last song. C7. Cinnamon Girl by the Gentrys.

Those old juke boxes had their own sound, one that no other music gear has.

17. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

18. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

A friend of my father managed several Clock locations and I was always trying to figure out how the actually worked. Last song I played either "Red Hot" by Ronnie Dawson or "Torn Curtain" by Television.

19. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

Bauhaus "Ziggy Stardust" in a pub in Kings Cross, London, circa 1990.

20. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

That last time I can remember playing anything on a jukebox was on St Patrick's Day 10 years ago - Played Piranhas by Tripping Daisy and Misty Mountain Hop by Zep.

21. Say

Say Forum Resident

45's on a Jukebox take me back to 3 tunes for a quarter. Have no clue as to what the last music was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.