Survivor Season 28 - Cagayan: Brains, Brawn, Beauty!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sparkydog, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I hate quitters and she may have been the worst of all. Most quitters have a better excuse than that.

And Tony & Trish are HAPPY she is gone?!? Tony just made up crap about Cliff and Lindsey that he now believes, WTH! I hope that wad of stupidity never makes it to the end.

2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Great episode tonight! Love watching all the new people scramble. Some good moves, and some rookie panic, but that is what makes it fun. I loved seeing Sarah get the boot as I found her nauseating. At least she was a good sport about it afterwards. The rest of her group can whine all they want, but Kass was completely right to say they should target Jeffra as she wouldn't have an idol played on her and Sarah was completely wrong with her guarantee's that Tony and LJ don't have idols. is Sarah the worst person at reading people or what? She also kept insisting Trish never strategizes, yet it was Trish who came up with the idea of approaching Kass to flip and talked her into it. If Tony and LJ had been cool enough NOT to play them after witnessing the other group change indicting they were changing their votes. It was a little cold of Tony and the guys to celebrate so openly after ousting Sarah.

Not sure what to think of Kass. She seemed smart, but it looks like she has trouble getting along with people. Sarah was one and in the previews for next week it looks like she and Morgan get into it.

3. beep

beep Senior Member

I guess Kass never saw Cochren's first season where he flipped, screwed over his alliance then got kicked off as soon as his old alliance was all gone. Her ego took over for her so called "brains". She's just jury meat now unless the stronger players see everyone hates her so she'd be good to bring to the end since she has virtually no chance of winning.

4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Yeah, Kass has a lot of 'splainin' to do when they get back to camp. Her tribe will either support her or she's dead to "her" tribe. She could have had Jefra out and they'd be solid with Tony and LJ using their idols. She obviously hadn't thought it out and with a short-term gain instead of thinking ahead a few weeks when the other tribe was down to almost nothing. She shot herself is the foot.

5. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

yeah Kass really blew it. she let her ego get in the way with Sarah because she couldn't stand to see the way Sarah was handling her "power" position. she should've realized that being the swing vote is only a "power" position for one week...then down to the bottom of the totem pole you go. she foolishly supplanted Sarah as the swing vote and now she's on the bottom. she won the battle but probably lost all chance at winning the war. and how ironic it was (as rburly mentions) that Kass would've gotten her way with Jefra had she just stayed the course.

p.s. Sarah = dufus

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

halfway assessment:

tony is the new russell hantz...everything about him is grating(voice, inflection, attitude etc)...but you can tell that probst loves him by the huge amount of airtime he gets....will probably be around for a while (especially if the producers really do manipulate).

kass - stick a fork in her, she's is done. bad bad move last night

jefra - just look at last night's vote....toast.

trish - she will go either right before or right after tony

after that it is a hard call for me. morgan tasha and spencer seem to be in best place right now....but in survivor.....you never know.

7. agentalbert

I don't think Tony is nearly as bad as Russell. He's got more of a sense of humor and while he can't help playing all out, probably to his detriment, he doesn't seem the bully.

8. John54

John54 Senior Member

Back in season 6 (Amazon), as I recall Rob Cesternino kept on flip-flopping between one group of players and another, before being dumped out of the final three. So you never know what might happen. But I basically agree with the above takes on Kass's flip. I'm still cheering for Spencer.

9. rburly

We lost another "Beauty" (eye candy) Morgan. At least she can rest and let people do things for her wherever she is now. :winkgrin:

Spencer was a real "Brain" with finding the idol. I really thought that Wu (sp?) or anyone else was going to find it when he followed them and then Spencer told the rest what was happening. I'm thinking it'll likely save him one time, and if Tony's tribe is smart, they'll find a way to blindside him so he doesn't use it. The only hope for Spencer and whoever is left with him is a dumb move by somebody. I can't see Tony's tribe taking him out with a blindside until Spencer and the other 2 are gone. Maybe it'll happen with 1-2 people left.

Kass is a real player, huh? I thought for sure she would balance out the tribes again, but she's unpredictable (based on the editing of the show). If she makes the final 3, she'll win, but I think everyone knows that. There's still too much time for her to do many behind the scenes moves without being a big target herself.

I'm really enjoying this season. "Queen" Morgan was fun to watch! :yikes:

10. agentalbert

Too bad "Queen Morgan" is gone. She wasn't much of a player, though she at least competed hard in the immunity challenges and got towards the end the last two weeks. But she was a low value target the other side took out. She didn't have strong ties with anyone, not even her Beauty tribe-mates. So she wasn't any threat at all. Going from a 6-4 advantage to a 6-3 advantage just means the 6 are likely to start eating each other soon.

11. GlamorProfession

bye Queen Morgan. you sure are pretty.............shallow

12. rburly

How would you like to be the guy who marries her?! :cry:

13. GlamorProfession

yeah, no kidding. maybe she can find some dude as shallow as her :sigh:

14. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

Totally disagree with your comparison of Tony to Russell. I try to keep in mind that what we're seeing a severely edited summary of what happened over the 48-72 hours between challenges. (I think that's the actual schedule.) Russell was malicious from the start, with the idea that he wanted to make as many things as miserable for as many people as he could, while having a tight alliance that he pulled the strings for. Tony is being edited as quirky as opposed to malicious, and I'm not seeing him in the mastermind role that Russell was edited to be. Tony is certainly an aggressive player as opposed to a go with the flow player, but as far as attitude there are probably a dozen players I'd put as closer to Russell. All that said, I don't see Tony as a winner this season. When it gets down to that alliance as the only players left if I'm in that alliance I vote him out early, like final 4 or 5, maybe final 3 if they do that this time. He's a decent talker, persuasive, so I'm not sure I'd want to be sitting next to him for the $.

Kass...2 ways she sticks around; 1) She goes on a small immunity run. If all the original Aparri plus LJ and Jeremiah decide to stay united for a few more weeks and don't get crazy ideas (which someone will) and Kass settles in she'll make it to Final 6. She's the next logical boot, so she would need to win at F6, then probably again at F5. 2) We're now at F9. Spencer has some kind of Super Idol. I'm not sure what powers his Idol has, but let's say it' some kind of "eliminate all the votes for 1 person" Idol and Spencer wants Original Aparri Plus out (Tony, Woo, Trish, LJ, Jeremiah). In that case the outcome could change after the votes are in the basket. And then if we're at a 3-3 alliance position with Kass as a floater she makes it to F6 by aligning with either side At that point an Immunity win get her to F4 where she's floater and has value again.

I don't see her winning Immunities, but stranger things have happened.

A lot of dangerous physical players are still in the game. I see how people advance being tied to what secondary skills they can bring to the game.

15. John54

John54 Senior Member

Maybe Kass is playing the let's-vote-out-anybody-except-me strategy that worked rather well for Sandra Diaz-Twine a couple of times.

16. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Shut your eyes and listen to Christian Bale on American Hustle and you'd swear it was Tony.

17. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I believe I heard Spencer say he just found a regular Idol. So, there may still be a "special" Idol out there somewhere.

18. GlamorProfession

that's the way i understood it as well.

19. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

You guys are right, I was mistaken, the Idol Spencer found apparently has been determined to be a Regular Idol. So how does that change what I was thinking regarding Kass? Hmmmm... I'd say that totally knocks out my scenario #2. So how does Kass survive, I think it comes down to the minority alliance finding out who the majority is targeting the next Tribal Council (Spencer and Kass are in the minority in my book) and Spencer gives his Idol to whoever the target is, opening the door for someone from the majority to be voted off. Longshot at best, if I'm Spencer I'm going to try to survive on my own for 1 or 2 more weeks then play the Idol if I have to on myself.

20. xdawg

I agree with your last point. Spencer should make someone pry that idol out his cold dead hands before giving it away. Also, he should really think it through if he believes it's a good idea to tell somone else he has it. In the meantime, he should also keep "looking" for the hidden immunity idol because 1) the others would get suspicious if he stopped looking 2) he might actually find the "special" idol.

Right now my two favorites are LJ & Spencer.

21. rburly

I was talking with a guy I work with last week, and we still don't know what "special powers" the special powers idol has do we? I'm hoping Jeff lets us all in on it this week.

22. xdawg

I don't know for sure, but I think it allows you to play it AFTER all votes are read.

23. John54

John54 Senior Member

Isn't that the original way hidden immunity idols worked? Changing the rules made it somewhat more interesting, but I'd rather have the original kind of idol in my pocket.

Maybe Spencer's idol's special power is that it makes people think it's not a regular idol.

xdawg likes this.
  24. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Looks like Tony is after Jon Hamm tonight.

25. John54

John54 Senior Member

I guess I was wrong (two posts above) and there really are two idols. Maybe the non-regular one allows a big move in one of the challenges. That's what won Danni Boatwright a million bucks!

I'm still hoping Spencer can pull it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.