Who will play with former Nirvana members at Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame? (Update: Joan Jett!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

did he mention them by name?

I thought most of the performances with the different singers were pretty good with the exception of Kim Gordon who was atrocious. As was the case with McCartney in late 2012, tt's really cool seeing Grohl and Novoselic playing together again in any capacity.

Oliver likes this.
  2. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Yes he did. It's really the first thing Dave talks about.

bleachershane likes this.
  3. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

classy move from Grohl

that clip is further proof of why Dave Grohl is the best dude

Oliver and amoergosum like this.
  4. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

You have to love Joan Jett. She is Rock and Roll.

Oliver and longaway like this.
  5. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

eh, if you're a kim gordon fan it was pretty awesome. i will admit she is an aquired taste!

6. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

Interesting >>>

"
    Dave Grohl discussed the process of finding people to front Nirvana at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in a new interview with Rolling Stone.

“That was a matter of finding people that we respected and that shared the Nirvana aesthetic,” says Grohl. “Whether that’s musical or otherwise.” The group reached out to a handful of A-list male rock stars, but none wanted to take on the challenge. “Some of them were nervous,” says Grohl. “I think some of them were maybe apprehensive because of how heavy the whole thing is.”

Grohl revealed that Joan Jett was the first to say yes. “She took it on like it was her calling,” says Grohl. “She got really excited and sent me this flurry of e-mails. She learned every song on Nevermind. She’s everything that Nirvana stood for. She’s a powerful, rebellious, musical force of nature. We couldn’t think of anyone better to join us.”

After Jett signed on, they reached out to PJ Harvey. “Kurt loved PJ Harvey,” says Grohl. “We had always imagined playing our song ‘Milk It’ from In Utero with her. It’s a twisted song, almost like something that could have been on her record Rid of Me, which was also produced by Steve Albini. It just seemed to pair up so well. Unfortunately, she couldn’t make it.”

After this, they decided to go with only female singers for the Hall of Fame performance."

Source:
    http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=46265

Oliver and bleachershane like this.
  7. amoergosum

I love the moment when he talks about Chad and sings his drum fill from 'In Bloom' (which is as memorable as
    the intro fill from 'Smells Like Teen Spirit').

Hep Alien, Oliver and bleachershane like this.
  8. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

yes. yes she is.

I bought that first Runaways album in '76. Always had props for Joan. She's big here in Baltimore, she's a fan of our Orioles.

I think she did a great job on Teen Spirit.

dlokazip likes this.
  9. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

PJ Harvey would have been great for that. Too bad it didn't work out. Though we might not have gotten Annie Clark if it had, so I'm not gonna complain too much.

10. amoergosum

11. amoergosum

12. amoergosum

13. Stan

Stan Forum Resident

I liked all the women doing the songs. Alice Cooper would have been a good choice for a male participant. Connecting the band to the past.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.