Bates Motel on A&E - Anyone Watching? *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

You got it. Found at the scene.

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I thought so. I wonder if that will be resolved in the next 3 episodes or if it'll carry over into next season.

3. rockclassics

Could be part of the cliff hanger at the end of the season. Should be interesting.......

4. rockclassics

One other thing I remember about that scene near the end where the female deputy came in with the DNA results.....earlier in the episode she seemed very by the book and motivated to send the evidence to the lab. Later near the end when she revealed the DNA match, it was hard to tell if the sheriff was surprised with the results or irritated that she sent Norman's blood to the lab. I need to re-watch this episode - it was definitely a good one.

JimC likes this.
  5. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I think it was both. The sheriff definitely wanted to know that information. But, he also wants to run the town his way and use the info the way he sees fit so the less people that know anything the better. A motivated deputy will not last long under him.

rockclassics likes this.
  6. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

I could be wrong, but I took it as more than found at the scene. I understood it to mean that it was found in the victim, i.e. Norman had sex w/ her during the blackout. I doubt if they collected all the DNA present in the house. And if Norman's DNA was only found at the scene, there would be no way to know when he had been there. It's much more damning evidence if it was in the victim- though still not conclusive that he killed her of course.

7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

In the preview for the next episode, the sheriff is shown saying " I know you had sex with Mrs... on the night she was murdered."

It will be interesting to see how Mother gets Norman out of this one.

8. Steve D.

Steve D. Forum Resident

Shot the last couple of seasons of "Growing Pains" on that lot. It had two sound stages and the back lot you are standing in. Also shot many exteriors for the "Home Improvement" series on the Warner Ranch lot. Far more quite and relaxing to work that lot as opposed to the main Warner Bros. lot. Also, when I worked @ Universal Studios we shot several times @ the Psycho House. Would have to stop shooting from time to time to let the tour tram go by and all the tourists snap their photos. That was a hard & fast rule. The tour was the priority!

-Steve D.

9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The current set is only a few minutes across the Canadian border and is easily visible from the road. I almost drove by the last time I was up there, but it wasn't when they were filming and the entire set is cloaked in tarps and plastic during that time.

MikeInFla likes this.
  10. rockclassics

I didn't catch all of that Now I know I have to go back and rewatch it

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

This show is such a pleasure to watch this season. It never feels like a chore to keep up with it unlike some other shows I watch. The hour flies by and I'm really entertained. All the acting is really strong and Vera Farmiga is so nuanced and terrific. I'm going to miss Norma when the season ends.

xilef regnu, progrocker71 and rburly like this.
  12. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Yes, the deputy clearly said Norman's DNA was found in the victim.

13. The deputy must love working in that small town, where there are apparently more criminals than normal citizens and murders happen every couple of days.

14. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Steve, thanks for sharing...VERY COOL! I sometimes wish that I could be a part of that whole L.A. world of entertainment and from afar, I watch my cousin, actress Rachael Harris, who has had a great run in both movies (The Hangover, Natural Selection, all of those Diary Of A Wimpy Kid films, Wreck-It Ralph, Bad Words and she is currently filming Night At The Museum 3), plus tons of cameos on TV shows (Modern Family, Friends, Frasier, Monk, Star Trek: Voyager, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Cougar Town, New Girl, The West Wing, Suits and she is currently starring in FOX's "Surviving Jack")
    and I'm willing to bet that she has crossed paths with you, somewhere along the way?

15. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

This must be my favorite show right now as I choose it first on my DVR list.

I thought for a moment they were going to recreate a scene from "Psycho" and have the sheriff get stabbed at the top of the stairs.

Surprising ending this week that should set up a fast pace for the last two shows of the season.

16. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Another great episode. This season has been nicely paced to a slow boil and now I bet it's going to be bubbling and bouncing to the end. . . .

17. rockclassics

Agree. Another exciting episode last night. I thought the Norman / teacher storyline was going to go further last night. But interesting to find out who the teachers father is.

It will be interesting to see what Norman does given the situation he is in. I also think Dylan will turn out to be the hero in all of this.

18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

That's an interesting call. I'm wondering if "Dylan's Dad" will make a return.

19. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'm gonna be posting minimally over the next 6 weeks.

It was another great episode. I love the writing! The buildup is excellent!

20. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Did the female cop tell him of the DNA results and he had his men kid Norman?

21. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

He was kidnapped by Nick Ford's henchmen.

22. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Oh, insurance I'm thinking.

23. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Agreed, it's a fine show. I have to say that the overall quality of these cable series is making it really hard to continue watching series from the broadcast networks.

rockclassics likes this.
  24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I started a thread with little interest last year asking a simple question: "Why are shows like "Bates Motel" on cable to begin with?" Surely someone from a major network had the chance to pass on it for some other canceled crap chosen instead.

25. The only broadcast show that I feel is better than any other show (and I'm still surprised it runs on a network) is Hannibal. The best art direction, acting, writing and directing. The most cinematic thing on television. But yes I like Bates Motel too. I give Hannibal the edge as it really shocks in a way that digs deep down inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.