Elvis : Thats The Way It Is

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

Finally got around to watching this. I had it Tivoed from Turner Classic Movies. I originally saw this movie when it came out. It was promoted as the Elvis version of Let It Be, although I didn't see Elvis going down the drain. My friend Jimmy and I went to the theatre where they were playing Let It Be and That's The Way It Is as a double feature. We originally were going to see Let It Be (again), but the Elvis movie was all that was playing that evening. The newspaper was wrong about the times of the showing. We deided to go in and see the movie although neither of us were Elvis fans. As we entered into the theatre lobby, there was a box where you could vote for which one you liked better - Elvis or the Beatles. As a reward for voting you would be entered into a drawing for a complete library of the artist whom you voted for, so we both voted for the Beatles. On the way out of the theatre, Jimmy asked me if I would still have voted for the Beatles and I replied " Probably....How about you." He paused and said " Yeah, but I would have thought about it before filling out my vote"

It was fun to watch it again. I liked some of the covers he did, and the show clips were all great. I still like the film after all these years.

billdcat, Mark Nelson and Sebastian like this.
  2. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

I loooove this film. It's my favorite "moment in time" of Elvis. The band, the song choices, the look. Just amazing.

I was able to see the Special Edition (recut to focus more on the music and less on the fan interviews, with additional/alternate songs) of this
    on the big screen a few weeks ago (perfect print with great surround sound), and it was a near-religious experience.

billdcat and heatherly like this.
  3. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

The SE would look and sound really nice on Blu-ray. We're waiting.

4. Rick H.

Rick H. Raised on AM Radio

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

6. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

Just watched this. Wow. Elvis looked and sounded amazing. I also liked the covers.

That 8CD/2CD set sure looks nice...

heatherly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.