The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson...Craig leaving Show*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MRamble, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I don't know about that, but I do find her to be unfunny and exploitative. I don't know if it is her intent to come across as an over-the-hill socialite with a sense of entitlement, but I live in NYC, and can meet about 10 people just like her in any club on any given night.

2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Bonnie Hunt is a great idea! She may have projects in development or is selective on TV work?

3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

4. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/craig-ferguson-leaving-late-late-show/

5. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the update...looks like the new Late Late Show will premiere with a new host several months before Colbert takes over for Dave. Will be interesting to see what comes of this..

6. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

I know it won't happen in a million years, but this would be the perfect landing spot for Conan....

7. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

:thumbsdow (I like the Craigster.)

8. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Like Dave ,Craig is irreplaceable. But Conan would be ok...

MLutthans likes this.
  9. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Does Craig go back to acting full-time, or does he try to land a cable gig? (12 am on TBS, 11:30 on Comedy Central or 11 on E!)

10. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

He has various projects with his production company, and will host and produce "Celebrity Name Game."

AKA likes this.
  11. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I'm really sad. I knew this was coming, but I'm still a bit shocked. Apparently, Craig didn't even want to renew his contract this latest time, but CBS asked him to stay.

I know it won't happen, but wouldn't it be great if CBS went through the archives and showed old episodes, for a bit?

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Ah, that is sad. I liked Craig on the occasions I watched the show, but I can see that maybe now's the time to fade out. Lotta speculation on who will replace him, including the surprising choice of Neil Patrick Harris (according to industry observer Mark Evanier):

http://www.newsfromme.com/2014/04/28/scot-freed/

13. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

Late night is dead for me after he leaves in December. He is, and has been, the best show in late night for the past 10 years. He is what Letterman was when Letterman was back on NBC. He didn't care what people thought about him and his show. He did it because he thought it was funny and entertaining...and there are a lot of people out there that agree. It's sad. I hope he tries to get McCartney on the show before he ends it this December. The McCartney looks like Angela Landsbury joke never gets old...and this is coming from a Macca fan.

14. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

I wonder how Mark Evanier went from Comic Book geek to Industry Observer??!!?? If it's the same one that used to work for Marvel Comics.

15. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

I don't think Conan wants another 12:35 show.

OldSoul likes this.
  16. lugnut2099

lugnut2099 Forum Resident

Same dude. He always follows these late-night shows closely, so he probably knows a few people here and there. (He's done a lot of work in television inbetween the comics, too).

17. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Are TBS likely to resign him when his I think his contract comes up soon?

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yes, Mark has worked as a TV writer for more than 35 years, starting with Welcome Back Kotter in 1976, many live-action shows for Sid & Marty Kroft, plus animated shows for Hanna-Barbera, Ruby-Spears, DIC, and other companies. He actually knows the world of TV writing very well, and has served on several WGA committees and knows a lot of writers and producers even today. He still keeps a hand in writing comics on occasion, but he's spent I think 10-12 years as writer/producer of the animated Garfield series, which is still on TV today.

Mark's a very entertaining blogger, and having known him for many years, I can tell you he follows the goings-on among late-night shows as well as anybody I know in LA. I think his comments are generally very astute, though he and I have disagreed on occasion (like I took Conan O'Brien's side in his ousting at the Tonight Show, while Evanier was more on Leno's side, with some justifaction). A lot of these things are judgement calls, and I always respect what Mark has to say about stuff like late-night hosts.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  19. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

I guess if Colbert doesn't work for me with a new persona (his current show is outstanding) I'll be getting
    a lot more sleep at night. Fallon and Kimmel are unwatchable. Frat boy look-at-me aren't I clever gets
    old for me in a hurry. YMMV........

(Offer void where prohibited)

Myke likes this.
  20. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

Sorry to see him go, but I'm glad that he's doing it on his own terms and not because of Letterman or Colbert.

billdcat likes this.
  21. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I agree. She's hot. People just have to be dicks cuz they don't like her personally. I think she's funny. Her co hosts, however usually suck.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

With Ferguson leaving, it's just one more reason for me to not even think about turning to a network channel when watching TV.

billdcat likes this.
  23. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

I loved Craig the few times I was able to watch a show that late on a school night. I think Late, Late shows are always going to have a limited audience- how many people can stay up that late during the week?

rburly likes this.
  24. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Craig has been great and loved watching him but he clearly has been getting bored recently and the quality of the shows has declined. I'll miss him but it totally makes sense to me why he's leaving.

25. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Plus his boss is leaving.

Evan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.