Blue Jeans LC1 RCA interconnects..Opinion?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by stereoguy, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

What measurable design attribute of the other cable(s), that did not sound bad to your ears, made them sound "good"?

2. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

I listen to them, I don't measure them or read the white paper (is that what it's called) on them. Look, this isn't a debate. For me, in my setups, the LC-1 was dreadful. Pretty simple really. Others like them, that's great. To each his own.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  3. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Not good in my stereo either. One man's meat is another man's poison.

4. SirAngus

SirAngus Forum Resident

I have my new Chord Chameleon VEE 3 interconnects installed and have been listening for a couple days. They replaced a pair of Blue Jeans LC1 cables and I cannot hear a significant difference between the two and there is no way I'd ever pass a blind test. They could possibly act as a very subtle tone control in the upper region with the Chord a tad elevated but I can't be sure.

I have a Pioneer 47Ai Universal player, Squeezebox Touch, Rega Apollo cd player, Rega Dac, Rega Mira3 integrated amp and Infinity Prelude P-FR speakers. Had a friend over a couple of weeks ago who had never heard this system before and he was curious about the Dac and SACD. I played Elton John Captain Fantastic and the BDC through the SB touch to Rega dac, SACD layer on the Pioneer, cd layer with the Apollo and the Apollo to the Rega Dac. We could both hear the difference between all. No way I could identify all in a blind test but we could both hear and identify the differences during this session.

The difference between the Apollo and the Apollo/Rega dac are mostly in the elevated bass response of the dac to my ears. I have the Chord connected between the Dac and Mira and the Blue Jeans between the Apollo and Mira and hear very little if any additional difference.

Sorry about the rambling and I'm tired of comparing. Maybe after listening further without trying to hear a difference I'll actually notice some as I play more music.

5. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I'm jealous....

Dave likes this.
  6. Art K

Can't say that I am.

I currently use the Chord Chameleon Vee 3 and have owned the BJ LC-1's and to me the difference is not a bit subtle. I love the Chameleons and the LC-1's rank as some of the worst I have ever used. Everybody hears differently, I suppose.

7. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

My apologies...I was being flippant...in that if you can't hear a difference, you are 'lucky'.

I ain't - so dang....down the rabbit hole I go...

33na3rd and Art K like this.
  8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

The Take Five Audio option looks attractive until you realize the price is per cable, i.e. double it for a pair.
    And the shipping is expensive

I'm tempted to try the IC's from studiowiring.com.
    6ft pair using Mogami 2534 Neglex Quad and Mogami connectors are only $53

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  9. Art K

I understand. I was taking advantage of your post to make my own flippant point...it's all good and it's all fun, really. I am enjoying some lovely music on a nice Saturday night...doesn't get any better.

10. Stlcardsfan

Stlcardsfan New Member

I can for sure tell the difference in cables. I listen to a lot of live performers (singer/songwriter & jazz mainly). The Blue Jeans LC1 cables recreate the live performance more accurately than the other cables I tried. That's my goal. I'm not interested in hearing a cymbal strike decay for 25 minutes....I don't hear that live.

logos47 likes this.
  11. zonto

zonto Forum Resident

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but thought that preferable to making a new thread. Which other cables did you compare the LC-1 to?

Any other impressions on these cables?

12. Extra Dry

Extra Dry Forum Resident

I am glad I read your posts about the lc-1. I was going to buy a pair for my pre-amp(jvc) to amp(parasound A-23) but decided to check out the morrows. Maybe I will stick with KK Hero. Thinking about experimenting again with interconnects. How about this,"If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It" Oh well. I love this. Happy Listening. :)

13. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

I think some here are simply extra susceptible to the influence of their dealer, or perhaps used to cables that are doing more harm than they realize. I have Blue Jeans, Kimber Heros, and Chord Chameleons -- not really much difference amongst the lot. BJ cables are well built and sound great.

14. VinylSoul

VinylSoul Forum Resident

Do people think the LC-1 tell the truth or add something or take something away I am curious?

15. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

I think the LC-1's are great in my system Seriously - they beat the Van Den Hul's, the Grovers, the MIT's and I have no remorse not using those anymore.
    I'm not the only one who heard the difference between them all. It's noticeable, but that's on my system. Might not be on yours.
    I would however recommend them connecting anything to and from an MX110 and an MC240.

OcdMan likes this.
  16. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

Old thread, but I've gone back and forth a bit on the LC-1's. In the end I think they're good, inexpensive, extremely well-shielded (great for phono installations), extremely low capacitance (great for long runs) interconnects. I still prefer my home rolled, teflon dielectric, twinax with shield floating at on end for upper frequency presence, effortless bottom end extension, and a sense of "speed," which are marginally higher in capacitance. But those are a pain to build and use because of the stiff materials involved and even if you connect the shield at both ends, they're not as well shielded as the LC-1's. Nothing wrong with the LC-1's. I've heard 'em sound "warmer" or "darker" or "less lively" than some other cables in some applications, but in the end I'm not sure that I wasn't hearing a lack of artificial zinginess resulting from low level noise.

logos47 and OcdMan like this.
  17. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

Why take it on someone else's word? How do they sound to you in your system?

18. Art K

They all add something...the LC-1 simply sounds bad to me. I even preferred the cheap ones out of the box in some cases. On the good side they appear to be well built. I too have owned Chord Chameleon, currently own Kimber Hero, Analysis Plus and Wireworld cables. The differences are remarkable if you take the time to listen.

johnny q likes this.
  19. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I agree. I think that we all hear differently and we all have different systems.

20. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

Disagree. Especially with a Brio-R and 3020D. I have both LC1's and Kimber Heros.

21. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

I've done a bunch of playing around with home brew cables of different sorts-- coax, twinax, solid core, stranded, braided, shielded, unshielded, so-called pseudo balanced, with differing dielectric materials, of different capacitances, inductances, resistances with connectors of different materials (and resistances and capacitances) etc, and I think for the most part in common hifi applications with the typical lengths we use, and low source impedances and high load impedances we typically use, sonic differences between cables are very small, extremely small with cables of substantially similar specs and geometries. What I like about the LC-1s are that they are extremely well shielded and quiet as a result, and extremely low cap and light weight so they are great for long runs. I don't like the molded ends so much and I'm not sure about the connectors.

I also like that the company provides specs -- I won't use a cable where the marketer doesn't provide basic specs and information about geometry -- and is transparent about the wire source, I mean there's only a handful of companies the wire itself could be coming from

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Dan Steele, canali, Paul K and 3 others like this.
  22. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

I'm using Blue Jeans Canare 4S11 cable to biwire my speakers (Wharfedale Diamond 10.2s) and am really, really pleased with how it's performed. And it was cheap - two 40-foot lengths ran me US$223 with shiping.

23. Art K

I know you disagree and that doesn't change what I hear.

24. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums up the interconnect issue. Seems like those pushing high priced ICs have an agenda. Once you get past the super cheap junk I've not noticed any difference. Or found anyone that can hear a difference. Or found anyone that wants to put some money and their reputation down on hearing a difference.

BTW I kind of wish I still had my Rega. Great player.

25. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

What one perceives is undoubtedly his truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.