Music Poster Art

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Keith stephens, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith stephens

Keith stephens Active Member Thread Starter

Some of my posters

1968-poster.jpg BG127-PO.jpg Dallas-FortWorth-Poster-1970.JPG

2. Keith stephens

3. Keith stephens

4. Keith stephens

I have about 30 posters and handbills that are getting framed and most are going in Mylar-D. Have every LP they ever made almost and about 50 45 RPM's I need to take pictures of the rest

5. Keith stephens

6. Keith stephens

I have the Live album with all the band's autograph in mint condition. I'll take a pic of some stuff today got the 1st print and mint condition poster, post card, and tickets for the BG-134 Steppenwolf and Santana, Lee Conklins famous loin that Santana had him do for there first LP I think it was. Thats my most prized piece to dat. But there is a live hand bill from a show at the university of portland in 1971 I would love to have. so here are a few handbills.

sprrow-handBill01.jpg GRN690228-PC.jpg

7. Keith stephens

Took some ,ore pictures and inventorying my collection. It is going to take a few days here and there. Ordered 5 more pieces last night 3 poster a Post Card and a Handbill. All 1st printing in mint condition from Wolf Gangs Vault. I got to say they have always treated me right and I am always got mint stuff from them. I also delt with a D. King Gallery and the same as Wolf Gangs mint and very they were shipped and protected very well as good as Wolf Gangs Vault. I do not like my posters shipped in tubes it rounds them and makes it hard to get them flat and ready from Framing if i choice to do so.

(FD043-PO.jpg BG066-PO.jpg BG134.jpg FD132-POAndFD132-PC.jpg

8. Keith stephens

9. Keith stephens

10. Keith stephens

and the list goes on.

Wolf_Municial_Auditorium.jpg FD050-PC.jpg Jerry with Head Phones.jpg

I really like this of Jerry

11. Keith stephens

12. Keith stephens

I'll wait to the new 1's I ordered last night to come in and post them along with the others I got that are most reproductions ans with some of these I posted today but I have 1 of my favorites in this batch BG-134 Tickets, Post card, and Poster 2nd printing though but I'm trying to get a 1st printing since everything else is 1st printing. The LP's and 45's got to be inventoried and T-Shirts I have a boat load of them.

13. Keith stephens

Getting another poster in 3 days in mint condition from the artist signed. It has been well taken care of and stored properly.

14. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

i hope you didn't pay 'real' poster prices for the whisky and zilker park posters. the whisky poster was part of a tribute series done in the 80's i think and the other is just a boxing style knock off.

15. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

16. Keith stephens

No I emailed the artist Dennis Loren and we had a great chat about the posters he did. i consider those reproductions but thats all they ever were.
    I 'll post the email letter tomorrow from him. a lot of great insight to posters and so on.

17. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Have a couple of first print 13th Floor Elevators posters from the Avalon (FD-24 & 34), as well as a copy of the poster for the Elevators infamous Houston Music Theater concert (which for all purposes destroyed the band). It's a bit on the rough side, supposedly having been found (along with a number of other local 60's Houston concert posters) in the attic of an abandoned house that was being gutted for renovations. Normally, I don't buy stuff in rough condition like this (heavy edge damage, mold), but I decided to overlook that fact due to the fact that it had been autographed by all of the members of the band. One day, when I'm a bit more plush I hope to get it restored, but right now it rests in all its (very) ragged glory.

13th.jpg 13th2X.jpg

18. Keith stephens

19. Keith stephens

I just bought 5 nice pieces of poster art recently. 1 reproduction

20. Keith stephens

you know most of the time the artist themselfs love to talk about there art. or at least found so.

21. Keith stephens

Ok need some of you alls help looking for a poster or handbill from a Steppenwolf concert, I will make it worth your while. It is called
    Steppenwolf Hemisfair Arena 10/13/68 Poster or handbill I just need a place i can buy it from or point me in the right direction. I've been looking for months now so i thought I'd call in the troops. Please help me with this quest and i promise to give credit where credit is due. And money of coarse. This is not going to be easy and if you have it and want to get rid of it for thr right price let me know. When i want something I will pay a good penny for it . Thanks to all for at least listening. Found out its a Gilbert Shelton poster or he was the aertist

22. MC Rag

MC Rag Forum Resident

Keith stephens likes this.
  23. MC Rag

MC Rag Forum Resident

There's one poster I'm after - the Stooges/MC5 at 1st Unitarian Church (Dialogue '68) and I'm willing to pay $1000 for one in good condition:
    [​IMG]

24. Keith stephens

I will keep my eye open in case i see it in my travels and let you know. Very unique poster. If I see it I'll hook you up with where I found it.

Thanks no I do not i am on my way there now

25. Keith stephens

found it and will be bidding thank you very much. In just bought about 7 posters and handbills so this is in my price range at the time .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.