OPPO 105 OR SOMETHING ELSE

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Remy, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remy

Remy Forum Resident Thread Starter

I finally have the funds to buy the OPPO 105, which seems to be the best reviewed SACD player and have Audio Engine 5+. So I think thats a good start (which I will have to live with for a while).

So the big question is: What should the next component be?

Thankyou

2. I don't understand the question, relative to the thread title. Are you asking if there is something else than the Oppo BDP 105 you should be considering? Or do you want other components to compliment the Oppo?

I think that the Oppo offers great bang for the buck. For the price I doubt you can do better.

3. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

Save an extra $100 and get the 105D. The 105D offer a little bit of future proofing with DSD through the Async USB. I love my 105 as do many members of the forum.

4. Is Darbee a good thing? Or smoke 'n' mirrors?

5. Remy

Sorry about the confusing post title. I figured someone would feel compelled to say, well X is just as good as the Oppo and a lot less expensive. But thank you for your input.

6. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

I just bought a 105D, it's truly amazing. I can't see how anything can come close to this. I will say that your A5+ might not do it justice, I run a pair of those in my bedroom system being fed by a squeezebox touch running through a modest DAC and I find the A5+ to be very boomy. It could be my placement but I'm not thrilled with them compared to my Dynaudio powered monitors. You'll want to upgrade those asap once you hear what this unit can do.

7. Remy

Thankyou. I bit the bullet and ordered the 105D. I will look up the Dynaudio powered monitors. Thanks again!

Mohojo likes this.
  8. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I hope you enjoy the Oppo. I have never heard one in my system, but I would like to.

bru87tr likes this.
  9. fantgolf

fantgolf Forum Resident

I hope you enjoy the OPPO. My experience with their support has been excellent. I've been looking to replace my 83SE. I like the SACD of the 83SE but looking to do better with redbook CD. I'm looking at the 105 and plan on auditioning it soon. If USB hi-rez DAC performance is good and the CD playback is an upgrade, I'll probably pull the trigger. Better SACD performance would be a nice bonus too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.