Mike Keneally tours in May

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by weitrhino, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weitrhino

weitrhino New Member Thread Starter

Mike Keneally (Frank Zappa, Satriani, Chickenfoot, Dethklok, etc) will tour parts of the US midwest and northeast in May. Keneally is well known as the leading progressive mind of the post-Zappa era and is equally adept at guitar, vocals, and keyboards often performing all three at the same time! Joining Mike for this tour are Greg Bendian (Mahavishnu Project, Pat Metheny, Cecil Taylor) on drums and Doug Lunn (Andy Summers, Wayne Kramer, David Torn) on bass. The musicianship is off the charts.

May 15, Douglas Corner, Nashville
    May 16, St. Louis, The Demo
    May 17, Chicago, Reggies Live
    May 18, Greenwood IN, Guitar Works
    May 20, Columbus OH, Rumba Cafe
    May 22, Baltimore, Orion Sound Studio
    May 23, Philadelphia, Milkboy
    May 24, NYC, The Cutting Room
    May 25, Bellmore NY, KJ Farrell's
    May 26, Dunellen NJ, New Jersey Proghouse held at Roxy & Duke's
    May 27, Cambridge MA, The Middle East (upstairs)
    May 28, Woodstock NY, Bearsville Theater
    May 30, Charleston WV, The Empty Glass
    May 31, Scottsville KY, Arts on Main Festival

Full tour details and cool words directly from Mike found at www.Keneally.com

[​IMG]

tcj, danner and gd0 like this.
  2. Sparkler

Sparkler Senior Member

Keneally is amazing. I regret that I haven't followed him in recent years but his stuff up through Dancing and Wooden Smoke is stellar. Thanks for the post! I'm going to have to catch up on what I've missed in the last decade from him.

3. jdmack

jdmack Forum Resident

Very psyched about this tour!

4. danner

danner Forum Resident

I really need to expand my Keneally collection. All I have is the original and SuperDeluxe versions of Sluggo. Those CD bundles on his web site are awfully tempting.

5. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Been wanting to see Keneally for years....and he's playing Nashville the same night as I have (sold out) tickets to The 1975. :realmad::realmad:

6. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Huge Keneally fanboy here. Still have yet to see him live. Well, okay, I went to Lou's Records in Encinitas, CA back in 2000 and caught him doing a little acoustic show/signing event, but I want the full Keneally live experience. He hasn't been to Phoenix in a long, long time, and I missed him the time he was here in 2005.

He really hasn't released a bad album, not even "close to bad." They're all a bit different in the best of ways. It's really why I keep returning to his music - he covers a lot of ground but never sounds like he's on unfamiliar footing. A recent favorite has been Scambot 1 and its bonus disc. So beautifully weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.