Mono mix of last two Beatles studio albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BJEvS, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJEvS

BJEvS Forum Resident Thread Starter

NOW WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE dbacon!!!! A HDN smiley to you :}

2. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

I was gonna say... there was that "Lost Pepperland Reel" boot with a bunch of mono mixes. Shame the official mono YS CD didn't include the complete "All Too Much" though!

Mister Charlie likes this.
  3. cublowell

cublowell Forum Resident

It was after I did my own Rock Band Abbey Road mono mix that I finally realized...I need to use what little free time I get much more constructively!

Having said that, I do enjoy my AR mono mix and wish a real one had actually been done.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  4. BJEvS

NOW WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE dbacon!!!! A HDN smiley to you :}

5. BJEvS

Post POST thoughts:

Started on my R&R experience as a wee lad in the 50's, my new transistor (mono) AM radio, and the clumsy earplug so mom and dad could not hear the "downfall of society" music. Decades latter all the technology would complicate, while enhance our music enjoyment. And just presumed as technology advanced, what was older, was never better, so did not give mono a chance if stereo was available (budget constraints as well). Now at 60, I just started to realize how mono can be a better sound-stage for some songs. This is why I am particularly glad Capitol/EMI et al, put out mono again. It may never have occurred to many what they missed or forgot.

Here is a link to an analysis of the "White" Album, mono vs. stereo: http://www.thewhitealbumproject.com/the-album/mono-vs-stereo/.

I'll do my own mono creation, as close as possible, for AR & LIB (YS is out there?) - thank you for all the leads. Be nice if say iTunes had YS, AR, & LIB with the best of mono available - whether "fold-down" or true?! Fun to make a CD picking the mono/stereo versions we like best so not to have to jump from track-to-track - just pop-in & hit play. Bugs me to intervene, or program a sequence each time with a CD source. Still believe that the "powers" should do mono for YS, AR, & LIB in some official world-wide release.

Going to ride-out the rest the thread until it fades away. Thank you all for the input. :edthumbs: BJEvS

6. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

And on vinyl in several South American countries.

7. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Things improved once they started recording at Apple, but the Twickenham sessions.........................As rabid a Fabs fan as I am, I STILL can't face ploughing through all those hours of THAT bloody guitar sound at Twickenham.

8. McLover

McLover Senior Member

There are no real mono mixes of any Beatles post White Album. Yellow Submarine was issued in Mono but a fold down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.