Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Erin, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

No matter what you think of the four original members of Kiss, their music, or anything else, without dispute, Bill Aucoin was HUGELY important in their success. HUGELY. He was a believer, he was far-sighted, he was persistent, and he was smart: exactly the kind of person you want in your corner to succeed in the biz.

Trust me, without Bill Aucoin, no one here would remember or care about Kiss.

2. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Amazon.ca has them both in stock at $24.99 each and free shipping, and that's Canadian dollars. Hurry as HTH is listed as one left in stock.

mick_sh and Clanceman like this.
  3. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Johnny, in addition to Geoff's suggestion, acousticsounds.com has them all as well. Some are 35.98 and some are 33.98. They have great customer service and shipping would be free if you bought 3 of them.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  4. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Thanks dude.:righton:

5. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

These aren't intended to be limited editions, are they? I would have thought they merely underestimated demand for the first batch of pressings.

Clanceman likes this.
  6. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Yeah I think the Kiss vinyl gravy train will remain in print for a while.

Clanceman likes this.
  7. Emperor5353

Emperor5353 Forum Resident

I have listened to Dynasty and Unmasked repeatedly over the last 2 days..things that really have jumped out me are the acoustic guitars on "Shandi"..best that song has ever sounded IMO..and when I listen to "Charisma" on Dynasty, I really notice how the drums trail off in the beginning...it sounds more present!! And, the beginning of "Talk To Me" is amazing!!!

Both my most recent purchases, Unmasked and Dynasty are falt and super quiet..I ordered Unmasked from Deepdiscount and the shrink wrap was all tore up..thankfully, the cover was perfect

Vinyl Fan 1973 and Clanceman like this.
  8. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

You'd think so, but sometimes there's no rhyme or reason, especially with vinyl. I've seen it with both well regarded and not so well regarded vinyl reissues, whether they're limited, numbered or not. Certain runs just go out of print.

However, I've learned that if it's a Beatles reissue, regardless if it's deemed limited....there seems to be no end.

9. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

for those of us in the U.S. this may sound like a good idea in theory but the shipping cost will basically make this the same price as if you ordered from American Amazon and take a whole lot longer to arrive

10. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

So my Lick It Up arrived yesterday - as a prerequisite, I listened to my original US LP pressing as well as the original CD for comparisons sake. If anyone is on the fence about this one and you are a fan of this album you owe it to yourself to get it. I cannot imagine this ever sounding better. The bass is fattened up and defined and there is a certain clarity and "snap" on the snare drum that was not apparent before. Cymbals sound more natural and crisp as well. Keeper! :)

11. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Oh well. Ordered.

12. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

ImportCDs has both Alive and Destroyer at reasonable prices. Not sure if you guys in the US can order from them (I ordered Alive).

13. Vinyl Fan 1973

How much did Amazon.ca charge you in shipping?

14. Vinyl Fan 1973

Fantastic to hear. I loved mine right away and compared to the CD felt there was more meat on the bones with this reissue. Animalize is great too. Still can't get over Alive and how good it sounds. Is is just me or does the end of LP 2 fade out a little longer after LMGRAR? I thought the chants of Kiss Kiss Kiss was not on the original?

15. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

$6.98 CAD - I've ordered just S/T.

16. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I will check that out later....but I could swear that even on the other releases I heard longer fades as well. I can't recall specific examples at the moment......

17. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Nice....my exact impressions. The way you describe LIU, I could just copy and paste your last 2 sentences for the 80's titles and Dynasty.

18. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I didn't notice. I'll check it as well.

You can't post enough or overstate how incredible Alive is.

19. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

You folks are a bad influence! I left work at lunch today and drove clear across town to an HMV where they have some in stock. I picked up Alive!, s/t, and Dynasty. They had a copy of Dressed to Kill, but it had a split across the top of the jacket, so I passed. I imagine before all is said and done I will end up buying most of the catalogue... Can't wait to hear Alive! based on some of the reviews here.

Clanceman and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  20. Vinyl Fan 1973

Very cool, did you pay $24.99 each for them at HMV? I think I will pick up Destroyer (what the hell) as HMV in Montreal is still selling them for $24.99 each. Worried the price will increase soon. Let us know what you think of Alive.

Clanceman likes this.
  21. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

Yes, 24.99$ for the single discs and 31.99$ for Alive!

22. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

I wonder why the prices on these reissues are so much cheaper in Canada. Would love to get in on that if I didn't have to either drive 500 miles or pay enough in shipping costs to cancel out the cheaper price.

Clanceman likes this.
  23. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

Doesn't help for the short term, but the soon-to-be-released titles are $27.97 at bullmoose.com. Think I'll decide which ones I'm in for -- Animalize will probably be the latest that I go -- and pre-order there.

24. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

It should be noted that pricing is only good on Pre-orders. They run a discount on pre-orders on vinyl, but on actuall release day they will be the same standard pricing as the last batch currently are. So in other words, if you want to get them at those discounted prices, ore-order them before the street date arrives.

Vinyl Fan 1973 and Clanceman like this.
  25. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

I plan to order the first four studio albums plus Revenge, Total with shipping in Amazon.ca is 142, with a third party Us Amzon seller is 138.

Clanceman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.