Tonight's episode of THE GOOD WIFE on CBS. BEST hour of commercial TV this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I love bad ass Irish characters so I'm disappointed by this.

Elspeth would have been an interesting addition to Lockhart Gardner but she is teaming up with that lady for two weeks ago who Florek/Argos whose services they tried to obtain a few weeks back.

My gf and I both thought David Lee was gonna start measuring Will's office the second he heard the news. Good to know he has a heart after all.

2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

The intern had only been there a week and Diane felt she had no right to be like that. I get it. I get the client being fired also.

colinu and Atmospheric like this.
  3. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Agreed on both points.

Atmospheric likes this.
  4. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

There's a narrow range of ways for people to deal with their grief according to Diane. At least she let David Lee convince her that his way was ok ("someone needs to drive") stifling an eruption on him. Perhaps it was because of her grief that she was acting overly harsh. Now, I would get that. But folks should allow wide latitude for the way others display or choose not to display grief. That's all I feel any interest in saying on this.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  5. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I liked that David Lee was decent - if only for a millisecond. Zach Grenier deserves to be acknowledged for his expert portrayal of someone you love to hate. As I was finishing up that sentence, it struck me how similar David and Eli are. The show has a lot of antagonists, Jackie Florrick comes to mind too.

6. shokhead

I liked all of Diane's choices. I also thought it was nice to see Cary get pissed and thought what Kalinda did was just what she does.

7. shokhead

And they could have vary easily had Jackie make a smart a$$ comment about Will but I glad they left her out and didn't.

8. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I think she thought the grief was insincere due to the fact of only being there such a short time. I wouldn't buy it either.

9. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I was wondering if that dude was going to take that belt, I think he would have.

10. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Yes he would have. I don't think there was any question.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  11. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I thought all of the characters, in widely differing ways, were channeling their inner Will in their grief and responding to the "life goes on" circumstances.

12. modrevolve

I've seen every episode and up untill last week, I was never aware that there was a NY Office and that's where Julius was working out of. I know prior to his death, Will had been talking about expanding to California but I was always under the assumption Lockhart/Garner was strickly based out of Chicago.

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I don't believe there was any reason to think there was a NY office. I think that was made up on the fly.

14. modrevolve

That's what I figured. The character of Julius Cain hadn't been on in two seasons and seeing how he is an equity partner and a strong semi-regular character it was strange that he just stopped appearing.
    Pretty cool to see Michael Boatman and Michael J Fox share the screen again for the first time since Spin City.

15. shokhead

Not sold on Michael J Fox being a reg. Wait and see for me.

16. modrevolve

I'm kind of getting sick of the whole; lets kick Diane out of the firm storyline. This is the THIRD time they've done this in five seasons.
    My guess is that it will eventually be Lockhart, Florrick, Argos and Associates.

17. shokhead

That makes for a whole season.:laugh:

18. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Au contraire...after Alicia and Cary broke off into their own firm, in I believe the very next episode Will went on a spree where he re-monikered the firm "LG" and distinctly brought up expanding into NY and LA in order to get big, bigger, HUGE and crush all competition - namely, Florrick/Agos.

19. RoyalScam

Lockhart, GARDNER, Florrick, Agos...they will not relinquish Will's name.

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Right, he talked a big game. But to my knowledge, there was no evidence, until the recent show, that they'd actually set up an office anywhere else...

21. RoyalScam

No actual filmed evidence, but it wasn't out-of-left field either, IMO.

22. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Agreed, I don't think he really adds to the show...

23. bopdd

bopdd Senior Member

I'm very okay with him on the show. For starters, I love the way they don't tiptoe around his disability and if anything make it essential to his character. He consistently uses his condition to appear vulnerable or sympathetic, yet he's ALWAYS up to something duplicitous. As a result, there's a great deal of intrinsic drama (not to mention a small dose of mystery) surrounding his every action.

I thought this most recent episode was very strong, and hope that it's a clear indicator that the show won't lose stride in the wake of Will Gardner's death.

24. shokhead

He's a little annoying for me.

25. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Yes, a very strong ep this week. The NSA angle was well done, with both seriousness & humor. Fox does irk me a bit, but at least now he's "...their scumbag!".

As an aside, I fail to understand why Archie Panjabi plays Kalinda with an American accent. She is constantly losing it, often finishing the last word in her sentences like a Brit - very, very noticable & takes me out of the moment in the story - aarrgg! Why didn't she just use her natural accent from the beginning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.