Bates Motel on A&E - Anyone Watching? *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Producers don't go to the networks first anymore. Too many limitations and that BS about a show is on for several weeks and off and then on again. Cable sticks with them. Networks don't.

2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Reason for so many top shows on Cable.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Mazzy likes this.
  3. yes even without the Y :tiphat:

4. shokhead

No idea what your talk'n bout.:hide:

5. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Well, while you all celebrate answering my question, I still don't see why "Hannibal" gets a network time slot and "Bates Motel" does not? "Hannibal" is on half seasons just like "Bates Motel" and while I do not watch it I would guess it has more violence overall. Terrible decision by those who passed on "Bates Motel".

6. "So man (y) top shows"

7. shokhead

:laugh:

8. Yeah it really wasn't worth it. :tiphat:

9. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Hannibal is a total anomaly, though, a rare one-off (so far) case of network TV imitating the cable show model (in terms of scheduling, adult content, literate script, visual production values, etc.). Pretty much every review of the show at some point says, "How the hell can this be on NBC instead of cable?" And I'm sure NBC only makes any cash off the show at all by immediately putting episodes on Amazon Prime as soon as they're aired because there is no way it attracts any sort of lucrative viewership on Friday pm, which is probably true of most network fare these days -- it's only profitable as On Demand programming.

10. And frankly I think most producers and studios would rather not be on a network. Networks rarely invest time in a show. You can build a audience better on cable.

11. shokhead

Who pays better, network or cable?

12. If your show takes off and stays on the air for many season, you will do just fine. I think you have better odds staying alive longer on cable. It's possible that networks might pay more upfront but I think that's not what's happening much anymore

tonyc likes this.
  13. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Nothing to add but this may be my favorite show on now that Breaking Bad is over.

14. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

This is my favorite drama along with Fargo, which is a 10 part drama, so limited expectations.

I hope the writing stays as good as we've been seeing, and think it likely will. I don't watch too many dramas, but this is one I enjoy.

15. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Funny you should mention Fargo! Just started on it last night. Looks like its only going to get better. I'm excited about it.

16. rburly

I watched the first episode 3 times! I semi-watched the second episode, but will definitely watch is again at least one more time. Back to the Bates Motel...!

17. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

We have been watching it since the beginning. One of the few shows on television that I try to watch. Pretty good show. We are a few weeks behind now though.

rockclassics likes this.
  18. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

whoa man..what an episode last night! I can't believe next week is already the season finale and by the looks of the preview its gonna be a good one.

19. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yeah I 'm bummed next week is the last of the season. Love this show. It strikes the perfect balance for me.

Mazzy likes this.
  20. rburly

I didn't see the preview of next week's show, but last night's was exciting.

Will the next season be next year?

21. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

from what i read, production starts on a season three of 10 episodes in the Fall..so my guess is that March 2015 will be the premier.

rburly likes this.
  22. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

The time in between the seasons is just too long. I stuck with it from last season to this season and probably will next year. It is a damn good show.

I can think of a couple of other shows that I probably won't be coming back for this year - mainly due to length of time between the seasons and they won't be starting until summer.

rburly likes this.
  23. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

For a murderous geek, Norman does pretty good with the ladies - Bradley, the smoking hot teacher Ms. Watson, etc.

The scene of him decorating the living room with his stuffed animals was funny. "That's the great thing about taxidermy, mother. It goes with everything." LOL!

rockclassics likes this.
  24. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm really impressed with this season. Much better than the lackluster first season.

25. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I thought the first season was interesting but uneven . The second season is terrific and Vera is so much better. She's fantastic this season - really inventive and fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.