Stevie Ray Vaughan SACD/LP/45-LP Boxed Sets

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KatCassidy, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

I don´t mind to pay for quality product, but it´s clear that there is a missmatch between the price and the targeted buyers. 400 dolars when you can find mint original copies for $30. Not to mention the fact that this set was probably aimed to the SRV fan, who is highly likely to own at least a couple of those originals. Let´s wait for sale season.

2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

$400 is for the 45rpm pressing, which still is expensive, but has no previous competition as these albums have never been cut at that speed.

The 33rpm box is $280.00, still overpriced, yet with Analogue Productions you always pay for the box and booklet. I broke down and purchased the 33rpm box for around $248.00 shipped from soundstagedirect, and I'm more than satisfied....these pressings sound that good.

3. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I agree. It's the best that I've ever heard SRV. No regrets on this purchase.

4. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Try finding "The Sky is Crying" for cheap on vinyl. Can't be done. Average price for the old vinyl is about $100. Was only released in very limited vinyl quantities.

5. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Did anyone spring for the super pricey SACD box? I'd be curious as to how different the sound is compared to the MFSL SACDs.

6. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I would also be interested in this comparison.

Bill

7. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Listening tonight to my AP 45 rpm box set of Stevie. Friends, it doesn't get any better than this box set for "in the room" sound quality. Outstanding,!!!

jonnyeric likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.