Record Store Day 2014 - Saturday 19th April (side 3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hawkman, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Kind of embarrassing for that record store to Tweet that. If they had stopped and thought about it for 30 seconds, I'm sure they would have realized the same thing we did.

thepluralofvinyl likes this.
  2. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

I have to say, I enjoy it
    Much more than the recent acoustic only release
    W the Pig set

farmingdad likes this.
  3. farmingdad

farmingdad Forum Resident

I am huge '79 fan so was looking forward to this release. There was something about the sound that left me wanting

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Record Store Day = Go To Store, fight crowd.
    Buy record you didn't really need because you couldn't find the ones you wanted because the crowd was so big.
    Sell record you didn't want on ebay for profit, then buy the titles you really wanted from Bullmoose online (with the profits from the album you sold on ebay).

Gotta love it.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  5. OhNotHimAgain

OhNotHimAgain Forum Resident

If anyone happens to come across the Anamanaguchi release (I had no idea it was happening!) I'd gladly pay them back!

6. Vinyl_Blues

Vinyl_Blues Slave to the Groove

RSD has never treated me so poorly. But I always try to focus on the positive of what something has to offer, and somehow I manage to have a great time.

7. That's horrible!

8. fiftyfivefilms

fiftyfivefilms Forum Resident

Just a heads up but the Amoeba in Berkeley has at least 10 copies of the Gram Parsons 2 Lp set.....I can confirm it's a great release!

9. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

that wasn't my experience

sorry to hear that is your perception

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  10. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Did you check internationally?

11. auburn278

auburn278 Forum Resident

I'm enjoying this one myself. The Sound Garden in Baltimore still had copies on Tuesday.

12. thepluralofvinyl

thepluralofvinyl Forum Resident

I did not but that only added fifteen more. Making it a total of 129 (far south of "over 200").

13. Tom Campbell

Tom Campbell Forum Resident

Just wanted to mention that those who were shut out of some titles this weekend may want to make a return trip to their local. There are still plenty of stray records making their way through the distribution chain.

I stopped by Newbury Comics in downtown Boston today and picked up Creedence, Otis, Dino, Flaming Lips -- none of which were in the same store on Saturday or Monday. Everything was priced between $18 and $26.

Definitely beats paying eBay flippers $60 and up for these same titles.

#OneOccupation likes this.
  14. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Scotti's records in Summit, NJ just got some restock on RSD items such as Garcia on White vinyl (probably 10+ copies), Allman Brothers, MGMT, Springsteen, Zombies O+O, Hendrix, Sam Cooke and a few other items. I was in the store picking up a few other things and the stuff came in. He also got a few Wes Montgomery 10". I bought one of each, and when I left the store there was still one of each of the Wes titles.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Thurenity, JAG and Hawkman like this.
  15. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

One of my locals got a late shipment on Wednesday....no titles I needed, though.

My strategy now is to wait until RSD interest wanes and the eBay prices inevitably deflate.

16. guitarget

guitarget Forum Resident

Prices have already started going down, I ignore ebay completely and use Discogs. I have already picked up one of the DEVO's and the Pogue's release from Discogs for the same price that my local store was selling them for on RSD (below retail). Personally I would never buy a record from an ebay seller, most of them have no idea what they are doing. Anyone who grades a record VG++ or VG- clearly has no clue how to grade a record and wont get a penny from me.
    I wish they all would read this CAREFULLY

http://www.discogs.com/help/marketplace/mp-grading

#OneOccupation likes this.
  17. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Just back from holidays, my local record shop called me yesterday he could get me a copy of the Jef Gilson box on Jazzman, if I was interested? I was, picked it up tonight and it's playing as I type. No crowds, no hassle, good price too.

He sold a load of RSD stuff at the weekend, apparently, and shifted double the usual amount of 2nd-hand stuff as well.

18. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Rough Trade putting their remaining stock online:

This is what we have available from 12.01am Saturday April 26th.
    All products have real stock allocations, but remember our stock is live in the store, so please be aware that we may not be able to fulfill all online orders. Please do not order multiple quantities, these will not be fulfilled and you run the risk of not getting your order.

http://www.roughtrade.com/rsd

turnersmemo likes this.
  19. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

I went there as soon as I woke this am and the titles I was looking for were all gone. :(

20. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

sorry our site isn't as clean as some others (you will have to search each title individually) but we have our RSD leftovers listed for sticker price (saw zombies anyways), sorry guys across the pond the site isn't setup for international orders but pm me and ill be glad to give you the phone number we can work it out over the phone if you see something you want, but they probably won't be able to handle it until monday
    http://www.beindependent.com/

21. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Do you ship to Canada?

22. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Apparently the Tame Impala Live Versions is getting a wide, black vinyl release on 5/16.

23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

that won't make it any better……

24. attym

attym Forum Resident

Do you know if they ship??

25. It's a great live record. No not a sonic masterpiece but great rock and roll. Like the Devo at Max's too. Lots of great evergy but not Frampton Comes Alive think god.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.