The Yes Album in 5.1 is due early 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DonnyMe, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Yes it is.

qtrules likes this.
  2. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

I get the DVD-A for ripping the tracks to the computer. Then, if I want to hear the exclusive BR bonuses, I get the BR.

3. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Finally getting around to playing this, thanks to Burning Shed for the speedy delivery. :) This disc doesn't disappoint!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    timw likes this.
  4. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

If he's signed on to work on 1970-74 it's only because he feels a connection to each album in that time period, not because he's timeline oriented. So yes, I guess he'll do Relayer.

5. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

yessongs was in 1973...

6. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Yeah? If they don't get him the tapes, my guess he won't be doing that one.

7. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

I've just finished playing the new stereo mix, and the man Wilson has done yet another fine job.

I would imagine Steve Howe in particular will be very pleased with it. Wilson has managed to give the guitars (acoustic and electric) more prominence but not to the detriment of the other instruments or the overall sound.

He's also not changed the odd stereo switching in YIND (thankfully), given us a slightly longer fadeout in ST and, despite the presence of the extended Venture, a longer fade in the original as well. I also was more aware (for want of a better way of putting it) of Kaye's piano in PC.

Very pleased. I look forward to playing the 5.1 mix. Muchly.

One Louder likes this.
  8. old school

old school Senior Member

Wow is this BR and new stereo mix awesome. I hear Fragile is next keep them coming just incredible work by Wilson.

9. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Why not rip the tracks from the BR to the computer?

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Unconfirmed rumour.

11. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

There's also this seller; I got my dvd-a from them (along w/ some $4 and $5 CD's). They have the BR for $26 plus 3.25 shipping. Fast shipping too, at least in my one instance.

12. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered from there.

13. old school

old school Senior Member

So was the Yes album at one time.

14. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

there's a post a few pages back in this thread that says that SW hasn't begun "fragile" yet.

15. old school

old school Senior Member

Oh for sure. I'm just saying 'Fragile' could be done next nothing is etched in stone yet. in my opinion it makes more sense doing 'Fragile' before ' Tales' but anything is possible.

16. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

i agree with you.

but of course, as i've said before, i'm chomping at the bit for "tales" to get SW's magic touch! but ultimately i love both albums.

17. old school

old school Senior Member

Hey I agree I will do backflips for 'Tales' 'Fragile' and 'Relayer.'

rburly and qtrules like this.
  18. sharkshark

sharkshark ThatShelf

Ah, cool... Gave them a shot - I didn't see a deal, per se, but it's cheap enough, and I'll support that retailer.

19. murrays

murrays Forum Resident

Is that even possible? Have you done that, Steve?

20. murrays

murrays Forum Resident

Perhaps this could be a new product line for Reader's Digest? ("Condensed Prog Classics") :D

rd1 likes this.
  21. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

No BR drive on the computer. :shh:

Yes, if you have a BR drive. :D

22. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I do it but you need software that circumvents the BD protection and is therefore illegal in most countries. To tell the truth the same applies to DVD-A extraction anyway...

I use a fairly complicated process to extract PCM audio and split the chapters (the most annoying part!) that involves:

- AnyDVD HD http://www.slysoft.com
    - eac3to http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966
    - tsMuxer http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR
    - ClownBD http://www.clownbd.com/ (this is just a graphical interface to facilitate the use of eac3to and tsMuxer)

The place to learn about DVD/BD audio extraction and audio recoding is this:
    http://forum.doom9.org

If you learn how to use eac3to (which is freeware but not simple to use) you can do just about anything possible with digital audio.

rburly, cordobaman and murrays like this.
  23. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I definitely agree that Anderson's latter day musings on political matters grew heavy handed and obvious (this trend seems to have started with Tormato, i.e. "Don't Kill The Whale"), but I actually find his commentary in a track like "Yours Is No Disgrace" to be pretty effective. He's not laying a scolding judgment on those that fight in wars ("lost in losing circumstances, that's just where you are"), instead offering a more balanced, sympathetic assessment. I also enjoy that more abstract, phantasmagorical quality at work in Yes' prime material--I may not always grasp precisely what he's alluding to but it generally goes along well with the music. (I always felt that his imagery in "Long Distance Runaround", seemingly describing a failed relationship, was very effective.)

I'm not sure why a songwriter would need to "earn their stripes" in order to do political songs, or even how a writer would go about getting accredited in this way. If Anderson always wrote love songs and then suddenly decided to jump into political songwriting in a way that seemed opportunistic or trendy, that would be one thing, but as a child of the 60's, he often touched on these kinds of socially conscious topics in his own unique way throughout their career and it felt like a natural extension of their artistic vision in the early 70's. I'm not sure why John Lennon would be more entitled to start writing political songs and in truth, outside of the Beatles, he often fell into the trap of being overly preachy, heavy handed and facile in his commentary, IMO (see Sometime In New York City).

JimW, dougb222 and MoonPool like this.
  24. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Go back to the beginning and start with the first one. I'm fairly pleased with the Fragile DVDA and would love a different title. Hoping all the 70's titles and Drama are done at some point.

Larry Geller likes this.
  25. bangdrum6

bangdrum6 Forum Resident

Im not to happy with burning shed right now. I got CTTE from them and received it the very next morning after the release date. Im still waiting for The Yes Album from them. I got the email confirmation on April 16th stating it was shipped and this is the 25th. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.