"Batman" (Adam West TV show) on DVD Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John DeAngelis, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Full details on the set are to be announced at San Diego's ComicCon show a week from today on the 24th by Warner, with the help of both Adam West & Julie Newmar, who are making personal appearances at the official unveiling of the box sets...

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

You'll have to tape a note to your widescreen HD-TV; "Bat-HD"

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Why would you " prefer " standard definition, with lesser audio ?

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'd think that with the bright, garish colors of this show, it would be a natural for HD, much like the original Star Trek or Lost in Space.

lukejosephchung, jriems and Myke like this.
  5. We already know that all these episodes were scanned in 4k-ultra HD and sourced from the original 35mm camera negatives...judging from the preview trailer that's already circulating the internet, this is going to be a visual color feast for the eyes...after waiting since 1997 for these episodes to come out on digital physical media, I'm perfectly willing to part with $190 to get them!!!:righton:

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

If it has to be.

7. Myke

I just deleted it, thinking it was a stupid question. I always think wide, when I hear 35mm. :help:

8. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

Because it will most likely be cheaper.

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

been hoping for this for years now!.

kevintomb likes this.
  10. jtiner

jtiner Forum Resident

Are there any technical details available yet regarding the release? I don't recall seeing anything mentioning the use of the original elements or restoration, just the statement that it will be HD. I certainly hope these were sourced from the best elements and that they'll be presented full frame.

11. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I wonder if the retailers will have exclusives (bonus dvd, CD, Hot Wheels Batmobile, etc.).

12. These discs have been mastered from state-of-the-art 4k scans and restored from original 35mm camera negatives, just as the 35mm 1966 feature film was a few years back for the blu-ray release by Fox...we're in for a visual feast in terms of the picture quality and the framing WILL be correct...:righton:

MRamble likes this.
  13. There is nothing to worry about regarding this release. Fans will get everything they want...

14. Michael

after seeing the price for the box set...are they going to offer separate season sets?

15. Michael

it sure took long enough...

16. Michael...the REASON it took nearly 18 YEARS for this to happen was the SHOW is owned by FOX...but the CHARACTERS are owned by Time-Warner...the lawyers had to hash this mess out first!!!

17. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Senior Member

Is it just me or does the picture in the trailer look overly dark?

18. Myke

Looks great to me.

19. Michael

yes, I know that as I've been following this fiasco for years...

lukejosephchung likes this.
  20. 2 more days and will have the details of what's coming from these box sets straight from the horses' mouths at Comic Con 2014 in San Diego, CA. Adam West & Julie Newmar will be attending as part of the presentation.

21. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

The trailer DOES look spectacular, thats for sure. No offense to anyone here, but if you buy the SD version, thats crazy. The Blu-Ray is the way to go here. If you dont have a BR player, this is the time to buy one.

22. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Me too. Jeesh....how many estates were involved in this mess? Bet the lawyers will get rich on this!

23. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I thought the same thing. Hope the finished product is a little brighter.

I'm not a betting man, but have a feeling I'll be doing the Amazon route. My only local options(if they happen) would be B&N and Best Buy. The first probably will have it, but at full price and they do NOT match anyone's price. Hey, maybe a magic coupon will be there when it releases! Best Buy.......you're lucky to find single disc releases on street date.

24. This is one of the most in-demand unreleased catalog titles of the past 20 years...when it comes out November 11th, you can believe that EVERY major retail chain will be carrying this...

25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The DVD cover. 179 dollars pre-order from Amazon.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.