While I am asking questions.....Amazon

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ClassicRockTragic, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have only ever purchased the odd book.

Amazon has a pretty good rep, they seem to make an effort to keep customers happy.

What I don't quite get is this:

Say you do a search for Black Crowes Jimmy Page Live at the Greek Vinyl.

You get a bunch of hits varying from new to second hand from various sellers.

Now, say you order that and other stuff and there is multiple sellers involved. Who takes responsibility for the sale in the event of lost freight, faulty products etc etc.

Any other Amazon tips and tricks I should be aware of?

2. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Amazon will strong arm the seller for you, if there are problems with an item from a Amazon Marketplace seller. You'll just need to contact the seller, if you're feeling nice, and let them address the issue, or you can go straight to Amazon, and have your money back.

3. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident Thread Starter

4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I kinda like that as a seller. Actually it works both ways too. A buyer can't get a dialog going with you about shipping prices being too high or wanting to combine shipping when you really don't feel in the mood to give out discounts.

The terms can't be messed with, and buyer must pay for the item before the item sale notice reaches the seller. Until buyer pays, there is no sale. With ebay, you sometimes have to chase the buyer around asking for payment. Amazon, they must pay period.

5. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Oh absolutely, and the listings don't expire, you can check your pricing compared to other sellers, and dynamically adjust them.

6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I go through periods when I simply do not want to deal with listings at all. No ebay, no Amazon, nothing except cash coming in and items going out. I like that my Amazon listings are there, and could sell.

See my thing is at Amazon I list stuff that takes time to sell. Very obscure Classical, odd 70s LPs (not in demand here on this fourm) that are still sealed, some music books that are in the $15 to $20 range, and a few expensive books in the $90 to $150 range. This stuff sits for years sometimes and then all of a sudden I get three sales in a week.

I sold Anne Murray's Christmas album on vinyl still sealed for $19, and K-Tel's 20 Fantastic Hits sealed for $10 just last week. I'm fine with ten and twenty dollar bills coming into my checking account, and not dealing with buyers at all. I get the sale, I ship the item, and never deal with the buyer at all. Of course I have gotten no feedback in a year either. Buyers are also not into dealing with sellers anymore I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.