Which Jerry Garcia shows would you love to see for future Garcia Live releases?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

6/30/72 - Keystone Korner, San Francisco

This has been a favorite for awhile..........and it would be great to release one of his few version of "Biloxi" with Jesse Winchester's recent passing.

mgb70, JRM, davmar77 and 1 other person like this.
  2. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

All of it! :pineapple:

I'd love to see a releases from '72, '81, '83, and more from '72 - '75, a live Garcia/Grisman 2 or 3 disc set, and more latter day sets esp. '90 - '93.

JRM and Crispy Rob like this.
  3. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

YES, Latter day JGB was really a soulful experience. Id love a complete Warfield box, pick a 2 or 3 show run and put it out there. There were some AMAZING shows played there the last few years.

My vote would be the 3 night run 10/93 or the 3 night run 2/94...

also-maybe some more Nicky Hopkins.

That Texas "friends" show from 72 would be a good one too!

JRM and Crispy Rob like this.
  4. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I've said it before I believe, but I would love to see a live version of Rhapsody in Red or Moonlight Mile. Agree that some early 90s would be great. Otherwise, everything in the Jerry solo recommendations of Eric Wybenga's Dead to the Core (I finagled my way into writing that particular chapter).

5. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

love that side trips release

6. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

all of it. We need more official live Jerry releases. Plus, re-release all the Pure Jerry volumes. Please !

7. Ellsworth

Ellsworth Forum Resident

Another one with Nicky Hopkins would be great.

I am fascinated that James Booker auditioned to play with him after Hopkins left. Apparently it didn't work well at all. . If they could have worked it out, that would have been two incredible talents playing together. I don't know why but I think of that possibility regularly when I listen to Jerry solo.

JRM likes this.
  8. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

footlooseman and Crispy Rob like this.
  9. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Agree with JRM re: early stuff. It would be terrific to hear some left field stuff that is not similar to the more well-known Jerry solo stuff. The Howard Wales "Side Trips Vol. 1" disc being a good example.

All in all, it is nice that there has been a steady stream of new releases lately. The tap was turned off for way too long.

footlooseman likes this.
  10. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

11. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

More jerry = bueno

But why not re-release the pure jerry series as well ? Or allow realgonemusic to do so as they have done with dick's picks series ?

12. Ken E.

Ken E. Senior Member

Wow, first thing I pulled out last weekend. It's a GREAT set but it's mono and has some issues with varying volume. JG was incendiary on that day.

13. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

If realgone interferes, the series should be renamed "Pure Jerry, MILLIONARES ONLY EDITION"

Erik B. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.